watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

The 3-5-2 does look a good way to integrate all of our possible best players, but the only problem is how hard it seems to be to coach. There don't seem to be that many teams in world football who have successfully turned it into their go-to formation, and we all know about Symons' tactical shortcomings...

jayffc

Would like to keep Burn as cover, better than Bodurov who we seem to be offloading can't keep both on the books!

Palace reject Gayle bid from Villa according to sky, think we can write this one off unfortunately, think a prem club will stump up the cash. Most we can hope for is a last minute loan if no one matched their price, though with them selling Murray (they have agreed a fee with Bournemouth) they may well want to hold on to him.
Hooper it is? Would have preferred someone with pace in honesty but decent enough scoring pedigree at this level.

Ordar

I'm personally not that bothered if Burn goes. I know some people like him, but top end of League 1 is probably his level.

HamsterWheel

Really hope we keep Big Dan. Always seemed to be Hangeland's clone to me - if he makes the sort of progress that Brede did we'll regret selling him. And Dan seems to love playing for Fulham - he really celebrated the equaliser the other week after winning the ball for it.

westcliff white

burn is better than Bod or Hutch so would prefer to see those 2 go out somewhere, how many do we need 4? then we will need two to come in s well Stearman plus one
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: jayffc on September 01, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
Would like to keep Burn as cover, better than Bodurov who we seem to be offloading can't keep both on the books!

Palace reject Gayle bid from Villa according to sky, think we can write this one off unfortunately, think a prem club will stump up the cash. Most we can hope for is a last minute loan if no one matched their price, though with them selling Murray (they have agreed a fee with Bournemouth) they may well want to hold on to him.
Hooper it is? Would have preferred someone with pace in honesty but decent enough scoring pedigree at this level.

Im hoping against hope that Fulham can do something with Gayle. Would much prefer him to Hooper, pace is something we have a chronic lack of

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 01, 2015, 11:45:51 AM
Quote from: jayffc on September 01, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

Im hoping against hope that Fulham can do something with Gayle. Would much prefer him to Hooper, pace is something we have a chronic lack of
I would like some pace too, however we are not in the betting now for Gayle
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

While Bodurov is seemingly the player most supporters would be prepared to see depart, whether or not Burn is better than Hutchinson is a much closer call. I like the attitude of both of them. Based on what I've seen this season, however, I would favour keeping Hutchinson.

Arthur

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 01, 2015, 11:35:25 AM
Anyone think we could be working our way towards a flexible 3-5-2 sort of formation?

With Ream a CB/LB, Mancienne a CB/RB, Fredricks being a RB/RM and Husband and LB/LM, could work well...

How we could look next game:

And - without subs - could change to something like:

I quite like the look of this.

Will Kit be on the same wavelength?

Jonaldiniho 88

Glenn Murray possibly leaving palace so doubt Gayle will leave too.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 01, 2015, 12:40:51 PM
Glenn Murray possibly leaving palace so doubt Gayle will leave too.
I can see them selling both and getting Austin in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mac_21

From Twitter - Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign highly-rated Newport County defender Regan Poole. Is this the guy we were close to signing in January?

mkras99

@reluctantnicko: Looks like Forest have scared off Fulham about Mancienne. Williams a good loan. Mendes a mystery. Ogrady a body. #bestofbadjob

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2015, 11:42:11 AM
I'm personally not that bothered if Burn goes. I know some people like him, but top end of League 1 is probably his level.

Burn seemed to be successful at Birmingham in the Championship.

Pluto

Really want to keep hold of Burn if possible. Still think he could thrive under a proper manager. Let's not forget he was one of the best CBs in the championship only a couple of seasons ago at Birmingham

Craven Mad

Ordar

Are we being strongly linked to any strikers? I've not seen anything myself

Ordar

Fulham are in talks to sign striker Gary Hooper on loan from Norwich, according to Sky sources.

I'd have preferred Gayle or Rhodes (obviously), but at least its something

FPT

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2015, 02:19:09 PM
Are we being strongly linked to any strikers? I've not seen anything myself

Seems Gary Hooper is now our option. Matej Vydra heading to Reading (£2m loan fee), Dwight Gayle seemingly not being allowed to leave (though Aston Villa apparently sniffing, had a "stupid" offer rejected).

Aspinel

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 01, 2015, 02:08:05 PM
Any news on the Kone 'deal'?

I thought I heard yesterday or the day before it had been cancelled due to us signing Stearman (and perhaps Mancienne)?