https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

The Loan Window:
When does it open?
The 'emergency loan' window opens next Tuesday September 9.
When does it close?
The loan window shuts on Thursday November 27 with clubs then unable to strengthen until the January window.
Who can use it?
All you Premier League fans thinking you can still bring players in, think again.
But you can ship some of your youngsters out to aid their development.
Football League clubs can use the window to their advantage - and plenty are sure to - with top-flight talent.
No overseas players can be brought in during the window.
How long can the players move for?
The loan deals can last between 28 days and 93 days.
Should clubs agree a three-month deal, it will tie a player down until the New Year and the January window.
Any other rules?
There is one additional rule, which does also apply to Premier League clubs.
Should sides suffer a goalkeeping crisis, they are able to bring in replacements.
These deals are usually seven days and have been used by Everton and Sunderland in recent seasons.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2015, 06:11:36 PM
Norwich wanted Gayle, Palace wanted a replacement and couldn't find one and so Norwich couldn't push through Hooper. So the domino effect.
Not sure Palace did want someone else, I have heard it was what they wanted to pay. Apparently they have signed a deal intent form so it could still happen before 8pm.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Guy at Bournemouth on Sky reckons the Grabban deal is affected by Gayle and not Hooper

os5889 mkII

Would suggest the following is why we didn't get Hooper, nothing Fulham could do...

@OsmithFFC

f321ffc

:bump: seeing as the loan window is now open :bump:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Andyb

MJG

Quote from: Andyb on September 09, 2015, 07:50:57 PM
Urby Emanuelson on a free anyone....
Nope,  overrated probably more than any player in the last five years.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on September 09, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

. . . and he has done nothing since he left us in the summer of 2013 just playing 7 league games:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urby_Emanuelson

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 09, 2015, 08:11:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 09, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

. . . and he has done nothing since he left us in the summer of 2013 just playing 7 league games:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urby_Emanuelson
Case rested

God The Mechanic

He's played 35 in the league and 44 in all competitions according to that.  Not great obviously, but not 7 league games in 2 years bad.  In fact, it's really only last season that he didn't get games - and that was at a club who were challenging for the Serie A title, something we're not.

ToodlesMcToot

Urby definitely isn't worth what we'd have to pay in wages and signing fee to get but, were he affordable, he'd be plenty good enough to play in this league.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

DevonFFC

Wilson is joint derby from United

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Quote from: ollienixs on September 09, 2015, 09:53:38 PM
Wilson is joint derby from United m

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
He hasn't joined yet, Derby along with 12 other clubs are interested, good club for him though Derby play some good football.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 09, 2015, 08:44:06 PM
He's played 35 in the league and 44 in all competitions according to that.  Not great obviously, but not 7 league games in 2 years bad.  In fact, it's really only last season that he didn't get games - and that was at a club who were challenging for the Serie A title, something we're not.

Apologies. Yes, you are correct. I was misreading the little table at the top and missed the games at Milan.

But the general point still stands. Not great as you say for someone who should be at the peak of their career.

@jolslover

The only striker I would take that would be a massive improvement on Mouss is Gayle or Ulloa. Hooper would be decent but at the same time I think Moussa needs a run of games
STH H3

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: @jolslover on September 09, 2015, 10:58:47 PM
The only striker I would take that would be a massive improvement on Mouss is Gayle or Ulloa. Hooper would be decent but at the same time I think Moussa needs a run of games
Me too.

Lighthouse

Well we can't have it both ways. If we only have three strikers that are available we need another one. Loan in a player that will become a shoe in to play and Dembele lose out. Bring in a Hooper type and Dembele will still be in the running. But a striker we do need.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on September 09, 2015, 10:58:47 PM

Is Ulloa available, I must have missed that.  Would be a great signing.