more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - So, what car

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 06, 2015, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

Airfix

Took delivery of my brand-new BMW220i Convertible 13 days ago.  I am in love!  Taking it down to the Loire region at the end of the month.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: leonffc on May 07, 2015, 07:20:54 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2015, 05:52:44 AM
Far too many cars on the road, one family in my street,Him, Her, Son
Daughter all got one.Concreted over their lovely garden to park them, and another
stuck on the pavement outside blocking people getting by with prams
and so on...
Ive Still got my 1968 Scooter Vespa Sprint 150..Ride on Baby.

Agreed! Parking is a nightmare down my road, especially now my daughter (somehow) passed her test. We are always shuffling our cars around on the drive / opposite the house.
Given the time, I'd much rather take 30 mins to walk to the town than drive, or hop on the mountain bike to get about but that's more a summer pursuit.

Dont blame Summer Leon, you can walk or cycle all year round.
And you will feel better for it..

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 07, 2015, 12:06:27 AM
You can't beat a Horse and Cart.

...you get some nice roses and rhubarb as a by-product as well.....

***oops ! just realised it has been mentioned before. Note to self; Read all the posts first before posting...***

kevin

Ford Focus estate ...165,000 miles and still runs perfectly . been all round Europe and never let us down

Peabody

My next car will be a hearse, until then, a Honda Jazz will suffice but as I have a Freedom Pass (thanks Ken) I don't use it much

dgnffc

Audi A4 Avant Quattro which I've had for a year and love. However, it's a diesel and I wonder if anything will come out of these rumours that the EU may force us to get rid of  our diesels as we're way over the pollution limits.

H4usuallysitting

LTI TX1...... Black of course

ron

I think we need to get rid of the EU first.....

Airfix

King_Crud

Hadn't had a car for years but bought one a couple of months ago, a £900 Nissan Almeira, about 10 years old. Seems to do the trick.

blingo

Quote from: Airfix on May 07, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Took delivery of my brand-new BMW220i Convertible 13 days ago.  I am in love!  Taking it down to the Loire region at the end of the month.

I'll be driving that way at the end of may. Im going to stay in a town called Vitre for a couple of nights. Stunning and worth looking at ;)

Airfix

Quote from: blingo on May 07, 2015, 12:22:37 PM

I'll be driving that way at the end of may. Im going to stay in a town called Vitre for a couple of nights. Stunning and worth looking at ;)

Ah, Vitré is up near Rennes.  We're staying in Parçay-les-Pins, out towards Tours.  Chateaux country!  Might see you on the A28 on the way down, though.  We're on the 09.20 Eurotunnel on May 30th. Nice five-hour blat through France...

blingo

Quote from: Airfix on May 07, 2015, 12:36:21 PM

Ah, Vitré is up near Rennes.  We're staying in Parçay-les-Pins, out towards Tours.  Chateaux country!  Might see you on the A28 on the way down, though.  We're on the 09.20 Eurotunnel on May 30th. Nice five-hour blat through France...

Im driving from Cornwall, so on the Portsmouth - Le Havre ferry (My dog is with me lol) on the 28th So Vitre on to the Dordogne then Saint Jean de la Luz before driving back into Spain.

Burt

I have a 10 year old Citroen C8 people mover which over the years has been the workhorse of the family. Dull but practical, and given it is French and quirky, there is always the thrill of trying to guess what will go wrong with it next.

I also have a Jaguar XF 3.0 which isn't a workhorse, is not dull and is completely impractical. But what it lacks for in those areas is more than made up by it being a blast to drive. Literally.

We are thinking of downsizing to one car as I commute by train and it is only 3 or 4 times a year that we really need 2 cars, so if someone would like to buy a much-loved burgundy Citroen C8 with 67k on the clock then let me know!

St Eve

Airfix

Quote from: blingo on May 07, 2015, 12:50:58 PM

Im driving from Cornwall, so on the Portsmouth - Le Havre ferry (My dog is with me lol) on the 28th So Vitre on to the Dordogne then Saint Jean de la Luz before driving back into Spain.

Have a good trip then.  We looked at Portsmouth - Le Havre but the timings were all wrong for us.  Portsmouth would have been a LOT easier as we live near Guildford.

blingo

Quote from: Airfix on May 07, 2015, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 07, 2015, 12:50:58 PM

Have a good trip then.  We looked at Portsmouth - Le Havre but the timings were all wrong for us.  Portsmouth would have been a LOT easier as we live near Guildford.

It's overnight but it's the only one which allows the dog in the cabin so not much choice there. Enjoy your trip and of course the car. ;)

gerrys

Urban Cruiser...........and very pleased withit too.