watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz reports

Started by J.Perkins, May 14, 2015, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

There was speculation that we would let Ruiz go on a free after he accepted that he would have to remain here for the rest of the season. However, there was a option 1 year extension in his contract, which we activated. We are now demanding £4.3m for him, which has deterred most interested clubs.

Hopefully we can persuade him to stay, he would be an integral part of our squad.

Pie and mash

Rhys Lightning 63

Did we activate the extra year? I heard nothing about that
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

The wages we pay him would be so much more useful going to a player who would be effective at this level.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 14, 2015, 11:44:38 AM
Did we activate the extra year? I heard nothing about that

Heard nothing!
That's nothing new from our club.

Wimbledon_White

Khan getting greedy.

The lad wants to go and in all honest he is probably better suited to continental football. We are, in essence, standing in his way. That said I would argue he is worth £4.3m of anyone's money.

ron

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on May 14, 2015, 01:08:53 PM
Khan getting greedy.

The lad wants to go and in all honest he is probably better suited to continental football. We are, in essence, standing in his way. That said I would argue he is worth £4.3m of anyone's money.

It seems all other interested clubs are voting on his worth with their wallets. The market is the best fixer of value. I think it could go rather lower before offers were coaxed out of those parties too.

Wimbledon_White

You're quite right of course; he is only worth what someone is going to pay for him.

I hope for his sake he gets a deal at a top flight club in Holland or Portugal or Italy maybe. I reckon he'd do very well there. Perhaps the physicality of the English game was what never suited him.

ron

Not only physicality. Pace and the ability to control the ball quickly found him out in the Prem and in the Championship.

snarks

Like him, but don't want him to stay. To use him in a way that benefits his skills and the team, Fulham are forced to play with him just behind the striker(s) which either means playing narrow (diamond) or playing a lone striker.

I can understand not wanting to give him away, but any offer should be accepted.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on May 14, 2015, 01:08:53 PM
Khan getting greedy.

Don't know that it's necessarily "greed". Bryan and his agent left that door open for the club. The club, like any other business, would rather get something for their asset than nothing. Just that - business. Hopefully Bryan is not naive enough to be surprised by it.

He can fund 1 or two quality signings with that money plus his wages. We have to make the most of every little advantage we can find.

I'd agree that he's worth that money to the "right" club and league. But, I'd bet we have a number in mind that is less than that 4.3 that will set him free. Someone will come along to offer it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

J.Perkins

Quote from: ron on May 14, 2015, 02:55:06 PM
Not only physicality. Pace and the ability to control the ball quickly found him out in the Prem and in the Championship.

Ball control is his best asset. I'm sorry, you have no clue what you're on about.

Pie and mash

Is this story correct then? Link?

J.Perkins

Quote from: Pie and mash on May 14, 2015, 04:24:52 PM
Is this story correct then? Link?

No confirmation, but there is 100% a clause in his contract.

Pie and mash

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 14, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

I'm aware, where did you get this from though:

"there was a option 1 year extension in his contract, which we activated. We are now demanding £4.3m for him, which has deterred most interested clubs".

Thin air?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 14, 2015, 04:17:21 PM
Quote from: ron on May 14, 2015, 02:55:06 PM

Ball control is his best asset. I'm sorry, you have no clue what you're on about.

I thought defense spitting passes, and creativity were why he was in the team, any old poacher can trap a ball
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

God The Mechanic

After his treatment in the summer, and the way his loan move in January collapsed, I'd be very disappointed in the club if they decided unilaterally to activate the clause in an attempt to get a bit of money for him.

I like him as a player, but it hasn't worked out and it likely won't.  No point in keeping him around when he wants to leave and we were open to him effectively leaving for free in January.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Pie and mash on May 14, 2015, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on May 14, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

I'm aware, where did you get this from though:

"there was a option 1 year extension in his contract, which we activated. We are now demanding £4.3m for him, which has deterred most interested clubs".

Thin air?

Reports from Portugal, as Sporting have pulled out from signing him because of this.

alfie

so other clubs can sell their players and try to get a decent profit yet we can't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Keep him in the club.....he can be miserable like the rest of us