watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - players released by the club

Started by ealex40, June 12, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Didn't Passley do something stupid when he was at Portsmouth?  May have put the club off from offering him a new deal.

Edit:  He turned up late for a game he was due to start and got fined for it as it "wasn't the first time" according to the BBC.

Ordar

I'm shocked that they've let Sambou go. I though he might get a chance to break into the first team. He's exactly the type of midfielder that we've been missing centrally.

I think everyone is disappointed that the man, the myth the legend the Chihi is off. His cameo was probably my most entertaining part of last year!

A little surprised that Hoogland has also gone. Seems a given that Richards is signing then

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on June 12, 2015, 05:10:48 PM
I'm shocked that they've let Sambou go. I though he might get a chance to break into the first team. He's exactly the type of midfielder that we've been missing centrally.

I think everyone is disappointed that the man, the myth the legend the Chihi is off. His cameo was probably my most entertaining part of last year!

A little surprised that Hoogland has also gone. Seems a given that Richards is signing then
what was a given, is that none of the players that played at rb were good enough to make the shirt there own.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ordar on June 12, 2015, 05:10:48 PM

Hoogland's injuries in the middle of the season will have counted against him.  He wasn't great when he did play, and he missed a hefty number of games having been signed with known injury issues.

Ordar

I totally agree re Hoogland. I didn't think he was good enough. I expected him to be retained though, so I'm "happy" he hasn't been

Lighthouse

Hooglands best times came in the pre season games. Another great Felix signing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wearethewhites

I'll be sad to see Hugo leave, but he just didn't cut it unfortunately. Hoping we replace these players with better quality, but will wait and see.

Jamie88

Really disappointed to see Sambou leave..is anyone in the know as to a reason he was released? From what I and many others saw of him in the U18s and U21s, he was a great little player. I say little, he's pretty well built for a youngster!

Would have liked to keep hold of a couple of the others too but Sambou never seemed to do anything wrong. I was sure he could do well for us in the future for the first team.

Fulham76

Glad to see Rodallega go, a very very average player who is still at least one division above his level. And if his £75k a week salary is true, then it's even more of a relief.

Riverside

Last season the departures were largely about cutting costs . This season I think only Hugo is in the cost cutting bracket . Otherwise I am hopeful that we will be able to sign upgrades on the others .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walsh

Chris David gone on a free... I give up on life.

General

So - asking the obvious question... which players are out of contract but still under discussion with the club?

Chris David shouldn't have been let go. He and Muamer Tankovic had/have a lot of potential.

David is surprisingly 22 though, so perhaps that's part of the reason.

Fulhamerica23

Do yall ever consider that maybe it was the player not wanted to re-up with Fulham, especially youth? it's not always the club. Not saying it's the case in any of the situations as I do not know, but I think we're always quick to blast the club for letting people go. It can be one party consent to let go, but two parties have to sign on.

Jamie88

Quote from: General on June 12, 2015, 06:27:28 PM
So - asking the obvious question... which players are out of contract but still under discussion with the club?

Chris David shouldn't have been let go. He and Muamer Tankovic had/have a lot of potential.

David is surprisingly 22 though, so perhaps that's part of the reason.

I think it's Arthurworrey, O'Halloran, Della-Verde and Redford.

Robbie

All looks pretty sensible to me. Hugo is not up to the Championship and over-paid. Chris David - I heard that he is very difficult.  The rest ... puffhh

Robbie

Hoogland just tapered off after the injury

YoungsBitter

So the real questions are not around who is released but what can we do with some of the expensive ex Premiership signings like Amorebieta, Mitroglou, Stekelenburg?
Quark, strangeness and charm

elgreenio

Passley is a car crash waiting to happen off the field, not surprised to see him go.

Sambou never going to be good enough, he was just pure muscle (can get away with it at lower youth levels) and severely limited with the ball
touch my camera through the fence

WestCountryWhite

Can't argue with any of them now just to get rid of the expensive deadwood in Ruiz, Stek and Amor and build a decent championship level team

davew

I think MJG's list just shows how many experienced/older players we lack if we want to progress or even stay in the Championship. The remaining squad players after taking out Ruiz, Stekelenberg, Mitroglu and Lovebite with Parker playing a cameo role gives cause for concern (at the moment). I think we need another 6 players with solid experience in our division or better still in the Premier League!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)