watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - players released by the club

Started by ealex40, June 12, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance as people on here know. But I'm sorry they are not all worthy of a start and Sambou was not up to it, our fans would have murdered him within ten minutes of playing.

fulhamhistorian

I have been told that Hugo was earning 1.5 million a year. Ruiz is allegedly on 4.5 million a year. Mitroglou still has 3 years to go on his contract. Sambou looked a good prospect so I am surprised to see him go. Bodorov has a 3 year contract. He started well but went right off as the season developed. Not really surprised about the others that have gone. Fulham has over 40 professionals anyway. Too many/

westcliff white

I believe Boudrov is on a 2 year contract with an option of a third from our side, so not a straight 3 year deal. He will be good back up if we can get 1 or 2 decent centre backs in.

Not sad to see Hugo go, flattered to deceive a lot of the time. Hoogland started well but fell away big time, although against Boro in the last home game I thought he did OK. Kiraly was a one year deal and I think we can sign a better back up keeper, Lonegran for sure would be in my opinion, as for Chihi had pace but only played 20 minutes so not surprised he is off. Chris David is the interesting one, never given much of a chance by any manager and apparently had a attitude problems, was interesting hat while on loan last season in the Netherlands he was also had some issues. Shame as he has undoubted talent, but accept it if the alleged attitude / ego issues are true.
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

Quote from: res on June 13, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: nose on June 12, 2015, 09:39:01 PM
not giving chris david a  chance is similar to macdonald and marsh
why bother to have kept him all these years

the couple of times we were allowed to see him he was clearly outstanding and a cut above the rest

i am not one of the kit critics but this is a bad move from him...very disapointed especially if we sign the endlessly inferior jazz richards..... i depair of our management..... i hope you all like the idea of league one

Don't get all this love affair with Chris David. Clearly talented (I saw him make his debut at Norwich in the 1-1 F.A.Cup draw a couple of years ago and thought he would make it) but he's now played for 6 managers (including when he's been out on loan), none of whom have kept him in their team. Had a loan opportunity in Holland from January (no-one else came for him) but was quickly shipped out to their second team when it became apparent that he couldn't stay fit/play as a team player. So he's had his chances but not taken them.

has he been given a chance? or has he rather been overlooked for whatever reason and then become disenchanted. A top player being forced to play alongside lesser lights.

Clearly i have no ide what has gone on behind the scenes but I can see that we should have seen rather more of him on the first team stage.... we were hardly scintillating for the last two years and he has talent.... if he doesn't make it elsewhere then the football world has lost a a potentially great player.... i recall achampong was a great talent with bad attitude... but at least we saw him play a few games....  david has not really had more than a cameo in our first team, that is my issue.

Pluto

I'm disappointed about David and Sambou particularly. I absolutely loved David when he played - don't care if he tacked or tracked back or not, that can be learnt - he is a playmaking attacking midfielder there to create and score goals. A real talent going forward. I'm sad that we have had a sucession of utterly dire managers who amongst other obvious flaws, didn't have the ability to coax the most out of the guy.

I watched Sambou a few times with the Under 18s and Under 21s and thought he looked a top prospect as a midfield enforcer. He really took charge of the middle of the park and to me, his passing looked decent. I feel that letting him go this early is a mistake.

Passley I am surprised about but I don't think he ever will cut it at this level. Rodallega was expected but will be missed. Really liked his passion.

ToodlesMcToot

The thing for me with David is he was sent on loan to the Eredivisie where he would have had less expectation to play both ways and far more freedom to show his attacking bona fides. Yet, when all was said and done, he appears to have been demoted to that team's "U21's" after playing two matches.

Certainly, this can happen for off-pitch reasons but, this does align with what has happened with him while at Fulham and suggests that there were issues that prevented him earning first team minutes. And, as these managers and coaches make their livings by spotting and promoting players who will help them win, his lack of playing time in the last three seasons suggests that all of his managers and coaches ultimately decided that he was not a viable contributor to a winning team either in the PL, the Championship, or the Eredivisie.

Difficult for me to lay the fault for his failure to earn 1st team playing time at the feet of his managers and coaches when so many of them apparently arrived at the same conclusion.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

nose

If you demotivate somebody it is hard to get them going again.

Jol and magath overlooked him... so what they are two of the worst managers we have had the misfortune to encounter.
Kit? I would have thought he might have had the sense to give david a try..... i known there are persistent rumours of an attitude/other problems

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on June 15, 2015, 03:36:42 PM

Jol and magath overlooked him... so what they are two of the worst managers we have had the misfortune to encounter.
Kit? I would have thought he might have had the sense to give david a try..... i known there are persistent rumours of an attitude/other problems

So what excuse does he have with his Eredivisie team? The entirety of the Fulham roster was demotivated when Kit took over but rebounded dramatically over, what, the next 5 to 10 games - of course his and their shortcomings were found out later but, that's another discussion. Wouldn't one reasonably expect that David, being loosed from his restraints at Fulham, would have seen some revival in his career path playing in his home country at a club more suited to his strengths as a player?

Yes, he's had a pretty rough go of it with the club situation and with his managers in England but, so have his peers. Yet, David's progress and desirability have faltered, seemingly.

It's not just a matter of "bad managers and bad coaching".

nose

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 15, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

So what excuse does he have with his Eredivisie team? The entirety of the Fulham roster was demotivated when Kit took over but rebounded dramatically over, what, the next 5 to 10 games - of course his and their shortcomings were found out later but, that's another discussion. Wouldn't one reasonably expect that David, being loosed from his restraints at Fulham, would have seen some revival in his career path playing in his home country at a club more suited to his strengths as a player?

Yes, he's had a pretty rough go of it with the club situation and with his managers in England but, so have his peers. Yet, David's progress and desirability have faltered, seemingly.

I wish I had an answer that made sense, but I do not.
At a distance i have to assume he was just demoralised so was not putting his back into it OR there is something else going on.

My issue is I would have liked to see more of him so i could actually judge properly for myself how good he could be and wonder if that sort of encouragement earlier may have stopped whatever rot has set in.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on June 15, 2015, 04:32:46 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 15, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

I wish I had an answer that made sense, but I do not.
At a distance i have to assume he was just demoralised so was not putting his back into it OR there is something else going on.

My issue is I would have liked to see more of him so i could actually judge properly for myself how good he could be and wonder if that sort of encouragement earlier may have stopped whatever rot has set in.

I would have liked the same, to be sure. When he was signed and in the few glimpses we ever got, he certainly seemed like a real steal of a signing for the club. No doubt they initially felt the same way. Something went sideways somewhere.

Sure sucks to think you've got a diamond in the rough only to find out after years of polishing that it's only quartz. Hopefully, the club are better for the experience going forward and that David finds a situation that works for him.

Maybe a League 1 out fit will give him the playing time that he needs or another continental club.