watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - players released by the club

Started by ealex40, June 12, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Adebayo tweeted this week that he has signed a new contract with Fulham   049:gif

FPT

None of them surprise me really, and they all make sense and have reasoning that I'd agree with. Hugo Rodallega, when playing well is one of the best in the division, but he had many an off game last season, and with his wages we cannot afford to have those who'll coast. For me, Tim Hoogland is positionally all over the place and given his experience, it's unacceptable and his injury issues throughout his career does mean a no for me.

I'd have perhaps had liked to have seen Gabor Kiraly stay as a third choice goalkeeper, he's a professional and could have been a Zuberbuhler figure, but his wages may be higher than I wish to think about. Chris David must have some form of attitude trouble, and came back from Christmas looking incredibly chunky so you could really compare him to Adel Taarabt, talented, but if you don't want to put the work in and have the right attitude, it's another no for me. David could go on to be fantastic, but his attitude (though rumoured) could let him down. Adil Chihi can go in the forgotten players box with Fazlic and Fotheringham.

Solomon Sambou is the only one that stunned me from the kids.

Max Headroom

Passley let himself down at Portsmouth by turning up late a couple of times I think. Should have kicked on by now.

If a player isn't pushing for a start or at least on the bench by the time he turns 22 then probably best let go ( not sure how old passley is but must be getting close)

HatterDon

David bombed out on his loan to Eredivisie and dropped down to their second level. Sorry to see us give up on Passley; I hope he does well elsewhere. A big  065.gif to Hugo. He gave us everything he had.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

So Kit doesn't think much of David?
Well done Kit!
Some of us don't think much of you (as manager, that is)

What a waste of real potential.
fp.gif

nose

not giving chris david a  chance is similar to macdonald and marsh
why bother to have kept him all these years

the couple of times we were allowed to see him he was clearly outstanding and a cut above the rest

i am not one of the kit critics but this is a bad move from him...very disapointed especially if we sign the endlessly inferior jazz richards..... i depair of our management..... i hope you all like the idea of league one

brightster

I don't think it is just Kit about letting David go, he has been around a few managers now and never really had a run! Is it just he isn't good enough over 90 mins? He might play brilliant through balls, but does he track back?  does he tackle? Not every manager is that wrong I don't think, will we hear of him in the future? I very much doubt it!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 12, 2015, 07:11:22 PM
Can't argue with any of them now just to get rid of the expensive deadwood in Ruiz, Stek and Amor and build a decent championship level team
"Build a decent championship level team"
Are you Kit?
We (well I) don't want a decent championship team.....
I want a promotion team that can be, initially, a decent premiership team and go on to be a challenging Premier league team!

Why oh why are Fulham supporters not ambitious?

We should be better than mediocre and very nearly became top notch! (If only Al had not lost interest!)

twang

I will be mighty pissed off if Sambou ends up making it somewhere else. He's looked like the real deal every time I've seen him play.

PaulJ123

Quote from: twang on June 12, 2015, 09:54:41 PM
I will be mighty pissed off if Sambou ends up making it somewhere else. He's looked like the real deal every time I've seen him play.

Could be one of those that his physical attributes have made him stand out (a bit like Dembele's pace and power up front). That said, I'd have liked to have seen him get a go last season just cos of how bad we looked

HatterDon

Quote from: brightster on June 12, 2015, 09:44:24 PM
I don't think it is just Kit about letting David go, he has been around a few managers now and never really had a run! Is it just he isn't good enough over 90 mins? He might play brilliant through balls, but does he track back?  does he tackle? Not every manager is that wrong I don't think, will we hear of him in the future? I very much doubt it!

This is also my takeaway also. Having said that, the "Kit let him go because he's Satan" crew outnumber us a bit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TWFL

Quote from: HatterDon on June 12, 2015, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: brightster on June 12, 2015, 09:44:24 PM

This is also my takeaway also. Having said that, the "Kit let him go because he's Satan" crew outnumber us a bit.

Agree with you both. There are reasons he was never played. He acted like he knew he was better than everyone and so put little effort in, look at the shape he was in especially. Never one of the fittest. And I think that reflected his attitude, tried to get away with everything on talent alone. Don't think he'll do too much in the future.

davew

Quote from: nose on June 12, 2015, 09:39:01 PM

the couple of times we were allowed to see him he was clearly outstanding and a cut above the rest

i am not one of the kit critics but this is a bad move from him...very disapointed especially if we sign the endlessly inferior jazz richards..... i depair of our management..... i hope you all like the idea of league one
Yeah it will be great (not) but not unexpected, there is still time though to do something positive to make us think we might at the very least stay in the Championship e.g. changing our manager!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

res

Quote from: nose on June 12, 2015, 09:39:01 PM

Don't get all this love affair with Chris David. Clearly talented (I saw him make his debut at Norwich in the 1-1 F.A.Cup draw a couple of years ago and thought he would make it) but he's now played for 6 managers (including when he's been out on loan), none of whom have kept him in their team. Had a loan opportunity in Holland from January (no-one else came for him) but was quickly shipped out to their second team when it became apparent that he couldn't stay fit/play as a team player. So he's had his chances but not taken them.

MJG

I saw a lot of David and unfortunately it's a missed opportunity by both parties to not have that creative passer in the team. But we move on and I wish him the best.

snarks

More than anything else I feel sorry for chris david wasting his talent. As has been said he's not progressed or made enough impression on several managers. Kit is just one in a long line of people who has found something they don't like. Has to be chris's fault not the clubs.

hovewhite

I am dissapionted that the manager feels he doesn't need likes of sambu and david as he clearly believes that players who run a hundred miles a game are the most important ,whilst I will always understand players of this ike are important you always need creative players to compliment the above players and letting young players of creative ability move on seems irresponsible to the future of the club moving forward.

cmg

Quote from: hovewhite on June 14, 2015, 07:11:35 AM
I am dissapionted that the manager feels he doesn't need likes of sambu and david as he clearly believes that players who run a hundred miles a game are the most important ,whilst I will always understand players of this ike are important you always need creative players to compliment the above players and letting young players of creative ability move on seems irresponsible to the future of the club moving forward.

Your point, not an unreasonable one in general, is not aided by the fact that Sambou (not a player noted for his creativity, his nickname of 'the Enforcer' would give a clue as to where his main talents lie) would be a fair example of a player who 'runs a hundred miles a game'.

f bloke

Quote from: cmg on June 14, 2015, 07:32:10 AM

Your point, not an unreasonable one in general, is not aided by the fact that Sambou (not a player noted for his creativity, his nickname of 'the Enforcer' would give a clue as to where his main talents lie) would be a fair example of a player who 'runs a hundred miles a game'.

I thought Sambou was absolutely key to the success of the U 18 sides over a couple of seasons, he complemented the flair and touch players very well. I always thought his limited passing range and slowness in possession would hold him back from making it, at least in the top two divisions. Hope he finds a club somewhere and makes a living out of the game.

Passley going is, in someways, a bigger surprise since he is more naturally talented. However he never really seemed hungry enough, too laid back, too languid. If you could combine Tom Richards effort and desire with Passleys talent and natural athleticism, you would have a very good player

Nero

Quote from: cmg on June 14, 2015, 07:32:10 AM

if only we had played a formation that required a holding midfielder at some point in the season to see how he performed!!!!, all these young players not progressing who was the manager not coaching them right he needs to be sacked