https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - players released by the club

Started by ealex40, June 12, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Player Departures
Friday 12 June 2015 16:00
The Club can confirm that Hugo Rodallega will leave Fulham when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Tim Hoogland, Gabor Kiraly, Chris David and Adil Chihi will also be leaving the Club, as will Josh Passley, Solomon Sambou, Jonathan Buatu and Noe Baba.

We'd like to thank all of these players for their contributions to Fulham over the years, and wish them all the best in their future careers.

Those not mentioned who are out of contract with the Club are still in the process of discussion.

HamsterWheel

"Player Departures

Friday 12 June 2015 16:00

The Club can confirm that Hugo Rodallega will leave Fulham when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Tim Hoogland, Gabor Kiraly, Chris David and Adil Chihi will also be leaving the Club, as will Josh Passley, Solomon Sambou, Jonathan Buatu and Noe Baba.

We'd like to thank all of these players for their contributions to Fulham over the years, and wish them all the best in their future careers.

Those not mentioned who are out of contract with the Club are still in the process of discussion."

Hugo always put a shift in, shame he didn't know where the goal was.

alexbishop

hopefully MJG will update his list so we can see which of those players 'are still in the process of discussion'
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Craven Mad

Sambou, Buatu, Baba and David are disappointing losses. I've always been impressed by Sambou in particular, must've just not been developing quick enough..

Surprised we've not looked to offload Voser yet.

Who's left whose contracts are over?

grandad

Good clear out of players who don´t cut the mustard or unlikely to make the grade.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexbishop

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 12, 2015, 04:17:10 PM
Sambou, Buatu, Baba and David are disappointing losses. I've always been impressed by Sambou in particular, must've just not been developing quick enough..

Is Voser on a two year contract?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Northern Cottager

How have we released David and Sambou?! Rodallega I think we all expected amongst others...

Craven Mad

Quote from: alexbishop on June 12, 2015, 04:22:15 PM

Ah, you must be right. Thanks.

That's good news, as I thought it meant we'd be looking to extend his stay. I wouldn't be surprised his contract is mutually terminated. If he's not gonna play, it's a waste of wages to have him in the U21s.

simplyfulham

I can't be the only one who is completely baffled by the release of Josh Passley and Noe Baba.

Josh has been with Fulham since he was about 12/13 I think.

And Baba was lauded as a fantastic signing for the academy and that we had prised him from the jaws of Manchester United and Arsenal.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 12, 2015, 04:29:05 PM
How have we released David and Sambou?! Rodallega I think we all expected amongst others...

I know that there is a clause in his loan deal for Twente to keep him if the want to.

alexbishop

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 12, 2015, 04:32:21 PM
I can't be the only one who is completely baffled by the release of Josh Passley and Noe Baba.

And Baba was lauded as a fantastic signing for the academy and that we had prised him from the jaws of Manchester United and Arsenal.

Sambou has been with the club since 12 I think as well and looked one of the more likely ones to come through from what I have read
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Wimbledon_White

Jol, Rene, Felix and Kit all either got shot of or left Chris David in the reserves. His departure should be of no concern.
He has talent - granted. But the rumours I heard were that he has a massive attitude problem and thinks he should be playing in higher echelons than Fulham. Something of the Adel Taarabt about him.
Clearly...a bit of a dick.

Sambou - never seen him.

I trust that the club knows a damn sight more about these players than we do so I trust them to make the right decision.

simplyfulham

Quote from: alexbishop on June 12, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

Sambou has been with the club since 12 I think as well and looked one of the more likely ones to come through from what I have read

He never quite seemed to sort out his passing though. I'm still shocked by it but at least I can find some sort of explanation why Sambou was let go.

Josh had only just started his journey on first team football.
Club debut in 2014 and a loan spell with Portsmouth in 2015 - seems like good progress to me.

MJG

Quote from: alexbishop on June 12, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
hopefully MJG will update his list so we can see which of those players 'are still in the process of discussion'
As it happens:

MJG

With an option  096.gig

MJG

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 12, 2015, 04:37:59 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on June 12, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

He never quite seemed to sort out his passing though. I'm still shocked by it but at least I can find some sort of explanation why Sambou was let go.

Josh had only just started his journey on first team football.
Club debut in 2014 and a loan spell with Portsmouth in 2015 - seems like good progress to me.
Loved his (Sambou)attitude and a real cult figure foir the U18 team, but his passing was not good enough. I have always seen him plying his trade at a team like Barnet in all honesty.

Passley is an odd one, but maybe felt with Grimmer around for the long term there was no point keeping him.

Lighthouse

Sorry to see Rodders go. Wages a problem I know. Had a great half of the season and was never really replaced. He had a great understanding with Ross. I thought he was never really given a chance before this season and he did well until the whole side lost form around Christmas and then the whole team struggled.

This leaves a vacancy to be filled. The players we have left have already proved they are not ready to step up. That includes Smith who may be going anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on June 12, 2015, 04:39:41 PM

With an option  096.gig

Thanks Felix!!!

MasterHaynes

Each time I have watched Noe Baba I always felt a little non plussed as like you I'd read and heard all the hype when he signed. He never seemed to stand out to me and looks much the same player as when he arrived, a quiet intelligent player but not able to physically impose himself on the opposition. He was involved in a horrendous challenge the season before last where he injured his neck when being sent up in the air by a Villa player so not sure whether that left a more lasting impression on him.

I think Josh's antics at Portsmouth of which turning up late for training a couple of times and being accused of not getting back did not ingratiate him with the management.

So far we have released 2 young players I thought could offer something to the club and have the ability to develop further, Sambou and Richards. Tom Richards only came from Park football 3 years ago at 17 he left everything on the pitch, played with heart and passion which enabled him to show off his considerable latent talents when playing for FFC, Good luck guys

f321ffc

Quote from: MJG on June 12, 2015, 04:38:48 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on June 12, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
As it happens:

So how many of this list would we consider as first team squad, not counting Ruiz, Mitro, Amorebieta and Stek assuming they will be gone ,  a quick look through the list im looking at  around 20 , any advance on 20. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional