watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huw Jennings on Kerim Frei and missing development steps

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 14, 2015, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

What things didn't go well for him,  I thought he was criminally under used.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St Eve

I thought that he had tremendous talent. Letting him and Kasami go was poor management

alfie

I sort of agree about being under used, but if memory serves me, he had stated that he wanted to go and play in Turkey.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WestCountryWhite

I'd love to know what those steps are. I'd take the other view that in this country we don't give kids a chance early enough. Yes they need to be managed properly to avoid burnout or success going to their head but how much do you actually learn in the reserves/u21?
If they are good enough they are old enough

hovewhite

I REMEMBER THE GAME AGAINST CHELSEA AND HE TERRORISED THERE LEFT BACK WHO IF I REMEMBER RIGHT WAS COLE THAT NIGHT.

Lighthouse

He missed out on how to play the game in different circumstances and against different players in different situations. Roberts should take the warning. If you a good then you will have a great career. Having fans in the stand say your good doesn't count for much because they will turn on you in an instance. Trust in the people who are supposed to be there to help.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2015, 03:49:51 PM
He missed out on how to play the game in different circumstances and against different players in different situations. Roberts should take the warning. If you a good then you will have a great career. Having fans in the stand say your good doesn't count for much because they will turn on you in an instance. Trust in the people who are supposed to be there to help.
how do you learn to play against different players, in different situations if you never get to play though. And I should imagine his trust in kit is at an all time low

MJG

A player who many fans had decided that at 19 and 26 games behind him was a one trick pony and not good enough.
The route Jennings wants is a year at the club and then 18/19 out on loan,  back for some time,  another loan and then back to break into the team.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 04:05:47 PM
A player who many fans had decided that at 19 and 26 games behind him was a one trick pony and not good enough.
The route Jennings wants is a year at the club and then 18/19 out on loan,  back for some time,  another loan and then back to break into the team.
might have worked when in prem, but fighting relegation in the championship doesn't allow you that option. Pat must have had the right hump watching defenders constantly getting picked in the middle over him when it clearly wasn't working. And if that's the way the club wanted to go then wtf was the fofana signing all about. We can't play our youngsters but we can someone else's 18 year old who had never played a single professional game. And under Jennings we would never of seen the likes of steed play for us

MJG

If you look at Burn that's the type of route they want players to take. There will always be exceptions but it's about giving them experience at lower levels and then coming back. Makes no difference now in championship,  except we loan from above :-)

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 04:18:49 PM
If you look at Burn that's the type of route they want players to take. There will always be exceptions but it's about giving them experience at lower levels and then coming back. Makes no difference now in championship,  except we loan from above :-)
there's a difference if you want good youngsters. And loaning untested players from above will hopefully be a thing of the past.

MJG

We had this argument at the time,  I'll still stand by the view that Fofana brought something we didn't have into the squad, now loaning Richards and stopping Grimmer was more of a crime in my eyes.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 04:25:21 PM
We had this argument at the time,  I'll still stand by the view that Fofana brought something we didn't have into the squad, now loaning Richards and stopping Grimmer was more of a crime in my eyes.
[/quoteq.  Fof brought nothing to the party. And I bet if Felix had signed him and not kit then he would of hardly played at all

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 03:54:38 PM
how do you learn to play against different players, in different situations if you never get to play though. And I should imagine his trust in kit is at an all time low

I just meant playing outside of the first team gives you the experience and room to fail and grow. In the first team, sure you can do that but a young player can destroyed if they are not really ready.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

If they are good enough, they are old enough. There is too much fear of letting players play and learn the ropes imho.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2015, 04:37:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 03:54:38 PM

I just meant playing outside of the first team gives you the experience and room to fail and grow. In the first team, sure you can do that but a young player can destroyed if they are not really ready.
yes, but equally they can excell. lvc hyndman cauley betts, would all be better off for the game time time last season. think pat played more for england than he did us at any level last season. and i can understand it if we were a winning team which he didnt want to break up, but we were not.

RaySmith

Judging the time to play promising young players in the first team is crucial - because if they perform poorly it can ruin a player, and destroy his top flight career before it has even started.

bobby01

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 04:05:47 PM
might have worked when in prem, but fighting relegation in the championship doesn't allow you that option. Pat must have had the right hump watching defenders constantly getting picked in the middle over him when it clearly wasn't working. And if that's the way the club wanted to go then wtf was the fofana signing all about. We can't play our youngsters but we can someone else's 18 year old who had never played a single professional game. And under Jennings we would never of seen the likes of steed play for us

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2015, 04:25:21 PM

:plus one: