watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by jimmyc19, June 21, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I like the increased competition, but I think our youth have the ability to surpass these players in their own careers in time by quite a bit. Seeing as that's the case, then is buying in these players who would possibly want first team football be hindering something else greater or will it balance itself out well enough?!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: General on June 21, 2015, 11:50:02 PM
I like the increased competition, but I think our youth have the ability to surpass these players in their own careers in time by quite a bit. Seeing as that's the case, then is buying in these players who would possibly want first team football be hindering something else greater or will it balance itself out well enough?!

Dilemma we have is getting back to the Premiership as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the longer we're in it, the hard it is to get out, just ask teams like Blackburn, Ipswich etc. Due to the mess left from Magath, we're a) lucky to still be in the Championship and b) still in a position to attract good players, and that needs to be the priority right now. Yes, it'd be nice to bleed a few more of these youngsters in, but are they in a position to help us get promoted, and within the next couple of seasons?   

twang

If we get Cairney then all we desperately need is a physically strong holding midfielder and our midfield is set. How about giving Jose a call and ask for Chalobah on loan?

Cairney, LVC, Chalobah and Pringle would be a huge upgrade on what we had to put up with last season.

Jack Fulham

Good to see we're signing proven players in this division.

Holders

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 21, 2015, 11:59:16 PM
Quote from: General on June 21, 2015, 11:50:02 PM

Dilemma we have is getting back to the Premiership as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the longer we're in it, the hard it is to get out, just ask teams like Blackburn, Ipswich etc. Due to the mess left from Magath, we're a) lucky to still be in the Championship and b) still in a position to attract good players, and that needs to be the priority right now. Yes, it'd be nice to bleed a few more of these youngsters in, but are they in a position to help us get promoted, and within the next couple of seasons?   

An early return to the PL would help in retaining some of the young talent. That's why last season was so important and we will almost certainly suffer some losses as a result. So far, the declaration of intent for this by these nice signings should mitigate too much leaching. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

shnlwswlkr

I hope this gets announced today or tomorrow, really hoping it happens!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

filham

Quote from: twang on June 22, 2015, 12:05:08 AM
If we get Cairney then all we desperately need is a physically strong holding midfielder and our midfield is set. How about giving Jose a call and ask for Chalobah on loan?

Cairney, LVC, Chalobah and Pringle would be a huge upgrade on what we had to put up with last season.

LVC, Cairny, Parker , Pringle. sounds alright to me with competition from Roberts, Hyndman, Tunnicliffe ,Kavanagh. No need for any more midfielders so the next urgent signings have to be a left back and a central defender.

MJG

Quote from: filham on June 22, 2015, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: twang on June 22, 2015, 12:05:08 AM

LVC, Cairny, Parker , Pringle. sounds alright to me with competition from Roberts, Hyndman, Tunnicliffe ,Kavanagh. No need for any more midfielders so the next urgent signings have to be a left back and a central defender.
I'd not consider Kavanagh as an option, add Williams when fit and possibly O'hara if he joins and lots of competition and room to keep players fit, fresh and happy. Especially if we go down the route of playing like the top teams of last year with 3 CM's and two wide men and one main striker.

jelmo

Would be a good signing for us. If true...

snarks

I want to see Hyndman get more game time, he looked good when he played last year, looked good in the U20 world cup. Seems a bit more physically mature than some of the other youth players.

Having said that I'm in favour of getting Cairney and O'Hara if possible.

Jims Dentist

Would take nothing for granted when it comes to FFC and transfers.

So many have broken down at the last knockings in the last 5 years or so.

However, hope that this one does go through.

Lighthouse

Yes it is all speculation. But some source that said we had signed him also says we have upped our bid for him and Dunk from Brighton. So we will wait and see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 22, 2015, 01:24:25 PM
Would take nothing for granted when it comes to FFC and transfers.

So many have broken down at the last knockings in the last 5 years or so.

However, hope that this one does go through.

Who have we lost?

How do you know they have broken down as opposed to it being that it was just media or Twitter speculation?

Chesh

Just had a look at one of Blackburn's main message boards (www.brfcc.com - under transfer talk part 2, pages 6-9), and they are very much divided between:

i) let him go, as last season he was hardly in games, and doesn't defend as part of the team

and

ii) don't get rid of our only 'playmaker'

Sounds a bit like Bryan Ruiz then.....FWIW I would welcome the signing as I liked Ruiz.

The other thing is that a few of them would like Tunnicliffe back as a make-weight in the deal, as they see him as offering more?!?

At the moment Blackburn aren't allowed to pay fees for players.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Chesh on June 22, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
Just had a look at one of Blackburn's main message boards (www.brfcc.com - under transfer talk part 2, pages 6-9), and they are very much divided between:

i) let him go, as last season he was hardly in games, and doesn't defend as part of the team

and

Sounds a bit like Bryan Ruiz then.....FWIW I would welcome the signing as I liked Ruiz.

The other thing is that a few of them would like Tunnicliffe back as a make-weight in the deal, as they see him as offering more?!?

Most on Twitter not happy at all, few sour grapers but we'll have to wait and see .Brentford mate said we're definitely sniffing about Tarkowski, dont know much about him to be honest

FFC1987

and

The most cynical man I know supports Blackburn and said he would be 'gutted' if they lost him, especially for that price. He knows his football so I'm convinced this signing can only be regarded as a good one.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 22, 2015, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 22, 2015, 02:08:23 PM

and

Most on Twitter not happy at all, few sour grapers but we'll have to wait and see .Brentford mate said we're definitely sniffing about Tarkowski, dont know much about him to be honest

I am to understand that James Tarkowski is an English defender, age 22, 6ft 3in.

More speculation....blimey.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 22, 2015, 02:23:38 PM

and

I am to understand that James Tarkowski is an English defender, age 22, 6ft 3in.

was brentfords defence any good? I thought they were just out scoring teams
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2015, 03:57:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 22, 2015, 02:23:38 PM

and

was brentfords defence any good? I thought they were just out scoring teams

Conceded the msot goals of teams in the Play - Offs.

HillingdonFFC

Football league transfer centre on Twitter saying Blackburn have rejected Fulhams offer for Tom Cairney