watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by jimmyc19, June 21, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

We've been linked with him for a while but today the rumours have really ramped up with some suggesting it could be announced in the next couple days, have heard he has quality but have only seen small amounts. Anyone know how close the deal is or how good he actually is?

Northern Cottager

Cairney was one of the stand out players in a fairly steady Blackburn side. A very good signing if true and a good piece in a puzzle if we're actually aiming for promotion.

OdecaMynoT

Cairney sustained a serious knee injury in late August 2012, following a reckless tackle by Doncaster's James Husband in a League Cup tie. Steve Bruce later described the challenge as a "horror tackle".(from Wiki)

Should make for an interesting meeting in training if Cairney signs and Husband is still with the club. Kiss and make up?
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

shnlwswlkr

So nice to be buying players in their 20s and not 30s!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

HillingdonFFC

Few tweets flying about Twitter(yeah I know) that its practically a done deal, £3.5 million figure mentioned.
Only slightly worrying thing is there seems to be nothing on the Rovers messageboards

MJG

Closer than you think

Wearethewhites

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 21, 2015, 08:02:21 PM
Few tweets flying about Twitter(yeah I know) that its practically a done deal, £3.5 million figure mentioned.
Only slightly worrying thing is there seems to be nothing on the Rovers messageboards

There wasn't a lot on the Rotherham Mb's about Pringle either before he joined. A few saying he wouldn't sign an ew contract, but no real mention about Fulham.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: MJG on June 21, 2015, 08:15:55 PM
Closer than you think

Yee know too much! Spill, SPILL!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MJG on June 21, 2015, 08:15:55 PM
Closer than you think

That sounds cryptic share the news

MJG

Been told today it's all done,  so like everyone just waiting for full announcement. Think this week could be busy.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 21, 2015, 08:16:51 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 21, 2015, 08:02:21 PM

There wasn't a lot on the Rotherham Mb's about Pringle either before he joined. A few saying he wouldn't sign an ew contract, but no real mention about Fulham.
He had left them. His contract was up and he was not renewing.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MJG on June 21, 2015, 08:29:39 PM
Been told today it's all done,  so like everyone just waiting for full announcement. Think this week could be busy.

Fantastic I think even the most grumpy will crack a smile over this. I've also heard a much improved bid for Dunk has gone in

Northern Cottager

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on June 21, 2015, 08:35:05 PM

Fantastic I think even the most grumpy will crack a smile over this. I've also heard a much improved bid for Dunk has gone in

I might be happy with this... Maybe.

mikestrand

It looks like we mean business.

fulhamben

is he a striker as he wears the number 10, although his stats suggest not
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Buffalo76

0001.jpeg

FPT

24 years old, long rangy legs, can play wide right, in the middle or behind the striker. Great left foot. He sits in the top 20 in the division for pass success (of those that have played a minimum of 20 games). Cairney is also in the top 10 in the division for key passes, above the likes of Matt Ritchie, Ross McCormack, Bryan Ruiz and a tonne of others. Funnily, should we sign Jamie O'Hara and Tom Cairney, we'd have three, including Ben Pringle, of the (statistically) most creative players in the division from last season, all three were in the top ten for key passes.

I think he'd play off of the right here, though obviously we'll learn more over pre-season. Oh, and signing him first would help that conversation. Would be a good signing, could be cheaper than it should really be given Blackburn's financial issues and it would ease the pressure on selling both Rhodes and Gestede. £3m's a good chunk of our budget (presumably) but without selling our premiere talent, it's not bad really. I'd be happy with this, and proves we're working quickly, efficiently and smartly. Happy with what's been done so far, happy with what I've heard despite no work - I'm just happy, though lets see how this goes.

Craven Mad

This would be a great signing at a really good price.

Very excited.

JackyFulham90

Very decent signing if it goes through. Cairney & Pringle are certainly an improvement

PaulJ123

Good signing.

Lets tempt Rhodes as well while we're negotiating.