watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

valencia tournament u16s

Started by TheDaddy, July 21, 2010, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Just to get away from the manager bull, thought i would share with you what my 15 year old son Ben is doing.

Hes in spain playing an under 16 tournament in valencia.
so far the team of lads have played a Valencias u16 academy and beat them 6-1 and Tel Habib academy  winning 3-1. I don't know who there playing next but its just a formality as there through to the semi finals regardless of the result.

Not bad for a team of street kids from the estates of Fulham and Chelsea no academy just a hard working manager and a very nice sponsor in Sir Frank and a Mr M Caine not a lot of people know that !

Sorry i cant give you the full reports you no what kids are like on there mobile phones, just get the basics and" i love you dad " before the phone goes dead.Has promise to call tomorrow to tell me how he and team got on.
Oh dare i forget he scored two in the first match and one in the second .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

White Noise

Outstanding stuff The Daddy. You kept it quiet that there was any talent in your family!! :005:

What an experience for the lad. I hope the rest of the tour goes well for him. :54:

HatterDon

Thanks for posting this, Mr. Daddy. That's just the kind of good football news I click on to FofF for.  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Hazey

That's awesome mate.  Can I sense a movie based on their exploits in the air?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Fernhurst

Brillant......you should be dead chuffed Mr Daddy...... please keep us up to date with his progress.

If we don't get a manager before all those first team contracts run out he should keep his boots clean and stay by the phone!

LRCN

they beat valencia 6-1? that's mental impressive mate, they must be good!

TheDaddy

Played their last group game and won 9-0 ben scored another brace making it 5 in 3 games.
Topped there group Pld 3 won 3 GF 18 GA 2.

Progress to the semis today, Haven't been told who their playing as yet.

Ben was released/let go by Fulham when he was 9 .Took 18 months to get him back into football it was a good learning curve for him now at 15 he knows just how difficult getting into the game is.last season he and the team played Fulhams under 15s and drew 1 1 ben scoring the penalty.Also played QPR winnig 3 1 and all the QPR boys wanted to do after he match was fight Stevenage  didn't fair to well either they hammered them 6-1.

One of our teams coaches a certain ex spurs/stoke player now a football pundit belives ben will/could make it in the premiership or championship so watch this space.

AlFayedsChequebook

What is the name of the team your son plays fo

TheDaddy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 23, 2010, 01:53:18 PM
Redbrick FC
play in the Surrey youth league home games are played at Colliers Wood.Did the double last year went through the season unbeaten in the league dropped only 6 points Ben taking the Golden boot home with 53 goals in 36 games .

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 23, 2010, 02:05:13 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 23, 2010, 01:53:18 PM
Redbrick FC
play in the Surrey youth league home games are played at Colliers Wood.Did the double last year went through the season unbeaten in the league dropped only 6 points Ben taking the Golden boot home with 53 goals in 36 games .

Sounds great! What are his prospects professionally? Will he have to make the long slog up through non-league or is there still the option to join a club academy?

TheDaddy

There are a few clubs sniffing around but Ben is enjoying hes football at Redbrick, hes pretty level headed and has said "Dad they can wait im in no hurry" I think hes worried that they will try and  do what Fulham did which was to stop him showing his natural skills and abillity and get him to play in a more uniformed fashion.

AlFayedsChequebook

Always good to hear a level headed youngster.

Good luck to him in the future, hopefully his name will be up in lights before too long.

Chopper

Quote from: Lork on July 21, 2010, 10:11:24 PM

Absolutely.

It's great to hear of a British success when all we get is how far advanced teams in Spain and the continent are. I don't know what goes wrong with our development system but we've surely got the talent there if only we could find a way to ensure it came through.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

TheDaddy

Quote from: Chopper on July 23, 2010, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Lork on July 21, 2010, 10:11:24 PM

Absolutely.

It's great to hear of a British success when all we get is how far advanced teams in Spain and the continent are. I don't know what goes wrong with our development system but we've surely got the talent there if only we could find a way to ensure it came through.

The talent is being stifled by clubs training methods. My son Ben loves training but the coaches at fulham tried to stop him using his skills and flair and tried to groom him into a general player.With Redbrick hes given a free role and is encouraged to express himself both on the pitch and training.

SouthfieldWhite

Well done Ben and RedBrick FC flying the flag for England, i scout for the academy and im also on the committee of the Surrey youth league, i think youll find that the academy at Fulham now is a lot different to the one your son was in, its far more professional now with some top people running it.

Let me know when their next friendly in England is and i will see if i can make it over to have a look.

If hes serious of wanting to make it in the professionalgame,id say hes at the right age to go for it

TheDaddy

Redbrick finally bowed out to the dreaded penalty shoot out in the semis against a team from Tenerife after a goalless draw losing 4-2 .

The team arrived home 2 hours ago and were a little disappointed.However there sprits undamped are looking forward to the start of the season also the promise of a return trip next year.

BarryP

Congratulations to your son and his teammates for what sounds like an excellent performance.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Fernhurst

No need to be disappointed....   :clap_hands: they can be very proud of stage they reached... :54: I bet they had a cracking time and the team spirit will have received a timely boost for the forthcoming season..... Good Luck lads.........Daddy please keep us updated on their progress.......

blingo

Sounds like your boy has some serious talent there Daddy. Excellent performance by the "Brickies" as I know that some of these Spanish kids really can play. WELL DONE GUYS.  :sir_roy: :clap_hands: :sir_roy: :clap_hands:

I will watch this space to see what SW thinks of Ben when he goes to watch him.