News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Revealed: Fulham owner Shahid Khan wants to buy Tottenham and relocate Jacksonvi

Started by mike_corkcity12, July 10, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egham White

Everybody hurts sometime

McBride78

Quote from: Zendra on July 11, 2015, 02:31:02 PM
I doubted the story  right from the start . Spurs have a strong Jewish connection who Ithink would be  concerned  at getting a Muslim owner. I went on the Jags site and the same denial is on there from the owners . The Jags forum were also scornful of the story saying its just not feasible for their paying fans. One chap said Fulham are a hot mess ! Interesting use of the English lanquage.

Never know which slang translates or doesnt.  If Hot Mess is not used in England - it is American slang originally for a gal you dont want to take home to mom, perhaps a mistake late night at closing time at the pub.  Slightly attractive gal who has issues that make her unattractive, ie....crazy chick.   Now it is applied to any complicated mess that you should stay away from.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on July 12, 2015, 01:18:14 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 11, 2015, 04:45:38 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on July 11, 2015, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 11, 2015, 11:24:37 AM
I am afraid it is all true. But there is one difference . Fulham Franchise is to be moved to Jacksonville. We will play 10 home games there and to help the away teams expenses, will pay a big percentage of the travel. They will try to deny it but I can quote to you an insider.

' This window looks just like normal space yet I cannot go through the invisible barrier'. says a fly on the wall, well window.

Excellent News, at least I'll get to see them 10 times a season then, it's a mere 900 miles, or 13 hours drive to the likes of you and me (Well, perhaps not you).

Great for me, I'm only 600 miles away.
If this goes through I might move down there and open a B+B so that you and Sue, HD, Jim, Chris, Andrew and Coastie, Don, Jon et al could subsidize my mortgage.
I'd call it Torremolinos B+B, paint the outside pink and stencil pretty flowers on the outside and offer English breakfast "like your mother would make it" and  Watneys Red Barrel.

The potential is enormous

There'll need to be a Thomas's Eel and Pie shop somewhere near, with almost constant drizzle and a few pea souper fogs to make it anything like the great days of yore..........

..but then again, perhaps I forgot the bronchitis and the chilblains from wearing wellies as we watched Haynes, Lawler, Black, Hill, Bacuzzi et al in those days...

Ah, but don't forget the snake & pigmy pie as well (just for info, if you like the pies like 'mother used to make' - for those whose mother did a good pie that is - then we have a great British Pie lady up here in Indy, does a roaring trade amongst the Brit community here).

Oh, and don't forget the Pie 'n' Mash as well, with that lovely sauce.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Peabody

Pie 'n' Mash, loverly  jubberly. By the way, the sauce is called liquor (no, it's not alcoholics). You surely remember Taylor's in The Broadway Logicalman? Perhaps not, they knocked it down when the built Ammersmith Flyover.

fulham traveller

On Khan first press conference he did really well, until the sky journo mentioned Jackson vile jaguars, he then became uneasy, and was lost for words, he has no interest in ffc or Spurs for that matter, all he cares about is a global stage for the jags, simple as, I would be worried if I was a spurs fan, if he bought them they would just about stay up, history tells me this

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Peabody on July 13, 2015, 04:54:57 PM
Pie 'n' Mash, loverly  jubberly. By the way, the sauce is called liquor (no, it's not alcoholics). You surely remember Taylor's in The Broadway Logicalman? Perhaps not, they knocked it down when the built Ammersmith Flyover.
There was a pie n mash shop in Lillie Rd right near the North End Road junction, back in the 60's (early 70's?). They had the big sinks in the window with Live eels in! Blooming luvverly! I remember it had queues on a Saturday.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulham traveller on July 13, 2015, 07:22:26 PM
On Khan first press conference he did really well, until the sky journo mentioned Jackson vile jaguars, he then became uneasy, and was lost for words, he has no interest in ffc or Spurs for that matter, all he cares about is a global stage for the jags, simple as, I would be worried if I was a spurs fan, if he bought them they would just about stay up, history tells me this

So Khan stumbles on a question about American football and, from that, you infer that he doesn't care about Fulham at all??

And, really, why would he give a mouse toot about Spurs? He has absolutely no vested interest in that club and they don't play in the same division as his own club.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulham traveller on July 13, 2015, 07:22:26 PM

I think the way you wrote 'Jackson Vile Jaguars" say a lot
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on July 13, 2015, 07:50:53 PM
can anyone seriously see shad turning down this  http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Vision-for-Shipyards-Development-presented-by-Shad-Khan/bb07c93d-06ac-4603-a24e-bfa70d613508  to move his team to a country he rarely visits

Nope. And that stadium will be an anchor for the development, the city will certainly have assurances from Khan about the Jaguars "permanence" in that location.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He is more than a god in Jacksonville.
The reception he received at the FFC game was 'tumultuous'
and he deserved and loved every minute of it.

Business is business but he doesn't do ridiculous business from what I can see.

valdeingruo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 13, 2015, 08:38:10 PM

I would concur, the reception he got was fantastic. There were many people who came to the match just because it was something else that he was offering, no affiliation with Fulham, just Jaguars fans out for a day. There was obvious excitement outside of the sports bar we were at when he was just walking the street. If his vision for FFC is anything like it is for Jacksonville we are in for a treat.

I cant see him making a loss on us just to move to spuds new location. It just doesn't make sense.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

St Eve

I guess a simple statement from Kahn would put an end to this thread

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on July 12, 2015, 08:58:39 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 11, 2015, 01:53:00 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a while but I wish I had. This is the funniest thing I have seen for years. Khan buys us then sells to buy a better team because of what! He could afford any team! Khan builds the biggest screen in existence in Jacksonville so he can move the franchise to the uk and create the biggest drive in. Yes that makes sense. If people still think khan is a James Bond villan then fair enough but the reality is that he wants us to do well and if we are in the top flight in five years time he will earn more money than he would've paying tax off his original investment.

Let me put it to you like this.; if he invested his money in an English bank he would get 0.05% interest. He bought a PL team that then flopped. If we get back to the PL he could sell us and get more than he paid. More than the banks would give him interest. He won't walk away worse off IF we get promoted. Good bussiness for a bussiness man. Mof, great man he is walked away with a profit on FFc. Mainly down to him taking a risk but he got more than he gave. That isn't to say when he gave it wasn't a risk. It was a big risk but it paid off and he took more money than he gave fulham. Nine times out of ten he would be poorer but that isn't what happened. Khan is guessing the right to English football will rise and if he has a team for ten years he will get better than 0.05% on his investment. If we are a PL team he will get a better return on his money than 0.05%. We better all hope he does or we will be a championship team if not worse for a while.

I hope you're not looking for a career as a fnancial advisor!

Of course the story is rubbish, but so are some of the comments on here. 0.05% percent interest!! And how much did the Glazers put into ManU when they bought the club? Spurs may be worth £1b but that doesn't mean a buyer has to come up with £1b.

Of course I was hammered when posting this but I think there is merit in the argument. Obviously while the Bank of England gives common people 0.05% they give rich people a lot more. Reading what I said it doesn't make that much sense however why build the biggest screen and a marina in Jacksonville to sell?  I think khan will be a better owner than mofo but have nothing to back it up. Who knows? Those who pretend they do are often the least trustworthy of the lot.

ToodlesMcToot

Would sure love to see him do another "start of the season" interview with Russ G

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on July 14, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

Nah, nothing can stop this particular bit of nonsense. I've stopped posting why this would never happen; it does no good.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on July 14, 2015, 02:11:16 AM
Quote from: St Eve on July 14, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

Nah, nothing can stop this particular bit of nonsense. I've stopped posting why this would never happen; it does no good.

Is a statement from the club not good enough? Football fans are fickle.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 14, 2015, 01:39:16 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on July 12, 2015, 08:58:39 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 11, 2015, 01:53:00 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a while but I wish I had. This is the funniest thing I have seen for years. Khan buys us then sells to buy a better team because of what! He could afford any team! Khan builds the biggest screen in existence in Jacksonville so he can move the franchise to the uk and create the biggest drive in. Yes that makes sense. If people still think khan is a James Bond villan then fair enough but the reality is that he wants us to do well and if we are in the top flight in five years time he will earn more money than he would've paying tax off his original investment.

Let me put it to you like this.; if he invested his money in an English bank he would get 0.05% interest. He bought a PL team that then flopped. If we get back to the PL he could sell us and get more than he paid. More than the banks would give him interest. He won't walk away worse off IF we get promoted. Good bussiness for a bussiness man. Mof, great man he is walked away with a profit on FFc. Mainly down to him taking a risk but he got more than he gave. That isn't to say when he gave it wasn't a risk. It was a big risk but it paid off and he took more money than he gave fulham. Nine times out of ten he would be poorer but that isn't what happened. Khan is guessing the right to English football will rise and if he has a team for ten years he will get better than 0.05% on his investment. If we are a PL team he will get a better return on his money than 0.05%. We better all hope he does or we will be a championship team if not worse for a while.

I hope you're not looking for a career as a fnancial advisor!

Of course the story is rubbish, but so are some of the comments on here. 0.05% percent interest!! And how much did the Glazers put into ManU when they bought the club? Spurs may be worth £1b but that doesn't mean a buyer has to come up with £1b.

Of course I was hammered when posting this but I think there is merit in the argument. Obviously while the Bank of England gives common people 0.05% they give rich people a lot more. Reading what I said it doesn't make that much sense however why build the biggest screen and a marina in Jacksonville to sell?  I think khan will be a better owner than mofo but have nothing to back it up. Who knows? Those who pretend they do are often the least trustworthy of the lot.

My contact in Jacksonville confirms it's absolute nonsense.
The same contact that told me that we would be broadcasting replays and I was the first to post.

And I'm not pretending

Logicalman

Quote from: Peabody on July 13, 2015, 04:54:57 PM
Pie 'n' Mash, loverly  jubberly. By the way, the sauce is called liquor (no, it's not alcoholics). You surely remember Taylor's in The Broadway Logicalman? Perhaps not, they knocked it down when the built Ammersmith Flyover.

Not too certain about Taylors, but there was still a P&M shop there in the 60's & perhaps early 70's opposite the Odeon (as it was). We used to go to Saturday Morning pictures, scream our heads off at the Lone Ranger and Tom & Jerry, and then off to the P&M for lunch, if I recall it was about a shilling apiece, I helped a local milkie delivering early saturday mornings in the mid-60's so I could afford to go, I got a bare over thruppence for pocket money in those days.

I'll have to do a little research and find out what the same was then, I know the flyover was built just after I moved in Peabody's there though from Lillie Road and the P&M shop was still there following that.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 13, 2015, 08:38:10 PM

Yep, good times, good times, he was the most personable of club owners I could ever want to meet. Very sincere when chatting with each and every Fulham fan that day.