watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How about this team and formation.

Started by Tooting legend, August 02, 2015, 11:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

If we get Dunk and Gayle how about this team for me its a promotion team. Thoughts.

Lonergan

Richards                   Dunk                Burn                  Garbutt

Cairney                    O'Hara           McCormack             Pringle

Mitroglou           Gayle

@jolslover

Too attacking, Mccormack doesnt put enough shift (defensively) in
STH H3

Tooting legend

Oh hello Kit didn't know you were on the message board. Welcome   076.gif

Jonaldiniho 88

If our wingers were leaving our defence unprotected last season our centre midfield would be walked through with this. I'm not kit btw. Kit would probably like this formation.

Bronaldinho

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Craven Mad

Gayle - like Ross - isn't a typical CF, and has been often used as a wide forward on the right for Palace, just like Ross on the left for us.

So, using your players, I think this is a more likely way that squad would line up:

leonffc

Far too many teams with Lonergan in on this post. Did no one see him dropping catches and kicking it out of play on Saturday?

Craven Mad

Quote from: leonffc on August 03, 2015, 08:53:22 AM
Far too many teams with Lonergan in on this post. Did no one see him dropping catches and kicking it out of play on Saturday?

Well, there are only two posts here with Lonergan in them, one of them mine - which only has Lonergan as I was reorganising OP's lineup into a different formation...

Plus, with Betts "injured" (*cough ishegoing? cough*) Lonergan is really the only starting option we have right now.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Deeping_white

This formation depends on a few transfers, as well as a few staying but I wondered what people would think about this as a team?

Betts (Lonergan)
              Burn    Turner (Hutch/Bod) Dunk
  Richards                                             Garbutt

O'Hara       Cairney

Gayle (LVC)                                     RMC (Pringle)
                           Trog (RMC)

I've left alternatives in brackets in case we don't sign the players, or they leave us. As we're apparently going to sign Dunk i'll just leave him there but this is all hypothetical. For the record I probably wouldn't try this with both hutch and Burn starting because it wouldn't end well. It would be more of a 5-2-3 but defensively you would look for RMC and Gayle to drop and it would turn into a 5-4-1. Even if they didn't then I don't think we would be caught too short as you'd still have 7 defenders as a back 5 with O'Hara and Cairney in front.

Offensively I think that would make us one of the best teams in the league and I'd like to think we wouldn't have trouble scoring with that front 3.

Thoughts would be welcome as I'm just throwing an idea out there. Personally I'd stick with something more along the lines of 4-2-3-1 but it would be interesting to see if we could work this in any shape or form.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 03, 2015, 10:22:49 AM
. . . And where is LVC?

THIS. Any team that gets us promoted will have him as the driving force, his form just after Kit took over proves that
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

PaulJ123

Betts
Richards Dunk Burn Garbutt
O Hara
Cairney LVC
Mccormack
Mitroglou Gayle

Can't defend so lets just score more

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 02, 2015, 11:23:23 PM
If we get Dunk and Gayle how about this team for me its a promotion team. Thoughts.

Lonergan

]

McCormack is certainly not a centre-midfielder. Maybe if you were playing FIFA15 this might work, but not in real life.

Just because we have made some pre-season signings it doesn't mean they all have to go in the team straight away.

Personally I'd have:

Lonegran (Betts has a hamstring injury)

Richards                         Burn                         Hutchy                      Garbutt

O'Hara

LVC           
                                                                               Cairney

Kaca                                                                              Pringle (Drifting in)

McCormack

Think Mitroglou will be gone and/or not play before the start of the season.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 02, 2015, 11:23:23 PM

Lonergan

Frighteningly good on paper.