Started by Julius Geezer, August 09, 2015, 11:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Lonergan

Grimmer    Hutch      Bodurov    Kavanagh

Hyndman   Matilla

Kaca                                                       Pringle

Woodrow    Dembele

Saturday is a big game, it's important to get off to a good start and I wouldn't risk anyone getting injured or fatigued. Other than Pringle just because George Williams won't be available and I really don't rate Eisfield.  Bettinelli seems to have one foot out the door so I would stick with Lonergan and Hutch because I don't think Burgess is ready for mens football

If we win we win but I would rather win Saturday.  Looking forward to this one, it's my daughters first away game and I haven't been to this ground so it's another to tick off the list
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Barrett487

I think Voser, Burn & Hutch need to play again, but Betts & Grimmer also need a game. Matilla, being a left-sided DM, should add cover on that side for Voser, and Hyndman on the right. The rest of them just need to impress and push for a place.

Betts
Grimmer   Hutch   Burn      Voser
         Hyndman   Matilla
Eisfield                          Kaca
         Cauley
                 Moussa

earlbeatty

Quote from: Gloss White on August 09, 2015, 06:37:25 PM
I was hoping to pay on the gate. That end holds 2000- surely we have not sold that many?

Gloss White/All - apologies, but on the club website last night coming back from Cardiff it showed "sold out" against tickets, but now it shows tickets available............!!

EB

Gloss White

JackyFulham90

I agree we should make changes to be fresh for Saturday & give some youngsters a chance to stake a claim I would like to see

Bettenelli
Grimmer   Hutchinson   Burn   Richards
Cole        Hyndman    Matilla      Kacaniklic
                    Woodrow Dembele

Subs - Lonergan,  Bodurov,  O'Hara, Cairney, Eisfield, Taggart, Smith

cmg

At first glance seems straightforward. Match of lesser importance: Send in the second stringers. Especially as all our subs yesterday (except the unknown Matilla) have fairly legitimate claims to a place - on paper the team would not be much weakened.

However...

Yesterday we seemed to have something going in midfield. It seemed to me that cohesion improved through the game and that the quartet would gain considerably from further game time together.
I stand second to nobody in my admiration of and enthusiasm for Hyndman but, as with Roberts, I don't think we should try to keep him sweet to the detriment of our immediate prospects. Short-termism that may be, but, unfortunately, the short-term is what we've got.

We could, and should, slot in Dembele without fundamentally altering the balance of the side.

Riversider

Quote from: earlbeatty on August 09, 2015, 05:28:04 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 09, 2015, 01:40:43 PM
As an aside, I'm in block B on Tuesday along with two others, anybody on here in a block other than A or B ?
Hopefully we have a 1000 their for such a local trip.

From what I was told at the ticket office, it is a case of sitting where you like and we have sold out our allocation, so should have a good following!!

EB
Why would they say that, don't see the point, that's guaranteed to cause problems, especially with all the people that turn up late.

earlbeatty

Quote from: Riversider on August 09, 2015, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: earlbeatty on August 09, 2015, 05:28:04 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 09, 2015, 01:40:43 PM
As an aside, I'm in block B on Tuesday along with two others, anybody on here in a block other than A or B ?
Hopefully we have a 1000 their for such a local trip.

From what I was told at the ticket office, it is a case of sitting where you like and we have sold out our allocation, so should have a good following!!

EB

Riversider - I'm pretty sure this is what I was told - It was the case at Cardiff yesterday, we were told to sit where we liked, even though we all had tickets with seat numbers etc...no doubt we'll find out on Tuesday.

EB
Why would they say that, don't see the point, that's guaranteed to cause problems, especially with all the people that turn up late.

DevonFFC

I'd play like Mourinho and play a team thay will win.  no gambles get  the job done and then at 50 mins make changes but no to whole sale changes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Scrumpy

I don't want to see too much rotation. Those calling for a second string to take the pitch will all disappear if we lose and Kit takes a battering.

I'd make 3 or 4 changes, with McC, Smith and O'Hara all on the bench ready to come on if things get a bit squeaky. This won't be a push over.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

J.Perkins

Would like to see decent rotation

Bettinelli

Grimmer Bodurov Burn Kavanagh

Cole Matilla Hyndman Kaca

Woodrow Dembele

love4ffc

Quote from: FPT on August 09, 2015, 01:11:37 PM

-------------------Bettinelli------------------
Grimmer---Hutchinson---Burn---Kavanagh
Eisfeld-----Hyndman----Mattila---Kacaniklic
------------Dembele----Woodrow-----------

Personally I like this and would not mind seeing this as our first XI.  It would show that we do have faith in or youth. 

If we loose so what.  I think we should be more concentrated on the league then any other competition. 

For me on the bench I would have McCormack, Burgess, Cairney, Pringle, Plumain, Smith, just in case things get a little dicey. 

Again, for me the league is the most important so I have no problem with the youth have a go at this. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Riversider

Still no advance on Block B then ?
Tickets available on the gate priced at £15
Wycombe away has always been a decent trip,
"Conroy, from the half way line"

MarryMeWRoy

Will Taggart be fit - be nice for him to get his debut

McBride78

I would like to see Taggart.  We really don't know what we have with him, and I would feel better if we had cover for Ross....if he goes down who steps in.  As it is right now I think you would have to put Cairney in his place behind Smith/Dembele, and Cairney is not suited for that role.  Not saying taggart is either, but who would know until we see him. 

SKSW6

Good opportunity to put in Dembele and Hyndman from the start, let them know we want them to stay.

Black, White and Fred

After watching the replay of Cardiff, I thought Ross looked a bit rusty still. Maybe letting him torment a lower league defence will help sharpness and improve his confidence.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Chesh

Quote from: Riversider on August 10, 2015, 09:09:51 AM
Still no advance on Block B then ?
Tickets available on the gate priced at £15
Wycombe away has always been a decent trip,
"Conroy, from the half way line"

? Well I'm in C block and got tickets over a week ago....ticked 'best available'
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Riversider

? Well I'm in C block and got tickets over a week ago....ticked 'best available'
[/quote]
I think the lettering goes up to Block F , so looks like plenty of space then

Riversider

Quote from: MarryMeWRoy on August 10, 2015, 10:18:54 AM
Will Taggart be fit - be nice for him to get his debut
I've read át least two interviews with Taggart in which he has declared himself 100% fit and raring to go! for some reason Symons just doesn't like the look of him, I'd be surprised if he didn't return to Australia before the month is out.