more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just stuck £150 on Middlesbrough

Started by One James stannard, October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Quote from: One James stannard on October 17, 2015, 05:42:23 PM
I knew that posting on here that I had placed a bet on Fulham losing that I would come in for some stick, whether the bet was won or lost. I'm a big boy and can take it.

I guess I had the bet out of frustration more than anything else, I honestly couldn't see us get anything out of the game.
'They' say only bet on what you can afford to loose and that's what I did.
I honestly look at the result as a very good point earned against a very good team opposed to a £150 bet lost.

I certainly never wanted Fulham to lose, NEVER have and never will. I would also like to think of myself as a decent fan.

Did I make an error today yes, a £150 error but I always want our team to win.
Fair play for coming on and accepting the expected stick,and explaining your thoughts after the match.
Certainly better than Blanco's effort on your behalf.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

LBNo11

...all contributions to the bookies benevolent fund are gratefully received...
086.gif  :028:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

westcliff white

could never back against us as that would indicate I want them to lose and that has never happened and never will
Every day is a Fulham day

Blanco

There's wanting a team to lose then there is expecting a team to lose. Some don't seem to be able to tell the difference.

Adam87

Also had fulham to lose in one of my accumulators today as well.......the only one that let me down to have £400......oh dear....

terryr

Quote from: One James stannard on October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM
Returns £230, the easiest £80 I've ever earned.

All my faith has gone  :016:
Anytime you want to throw away £125......just drop me a line. I'll take it off your hands without you listening to GJ and hoping we lose.....
No problem

westcliff white

I can tell the difference blanco but for me a fan never backs against his club.
Every day is a Fulham day

Sir Alec of good Stock

To bet against the team that you support is, to say the least, strange, but to go on to a forum to proudly tell everybody about it seems even stranger.

DJinNJ

I don't think you can be sure of too many results in the Championship. In this league a midtable team is always capable of getting something from a top team.

bill taylors apprentice

Look! there's plenty to be fed up about when you support FFC.

Betting against your team ?

Your hearts clearly not in it !

One James stannard

I said I've lost faith.

Faith..... Noun 'complete trust or confidence in someone or something'.

Jem

Quote"
Did I make an error today yes, a £150 error but I always want our team to win."

Can you honestly say that part of you would not be happy if you won the bet?  If  not why did you make it?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

copthornemike

We live in a democracy so you have a right to say you placed a £150 bet - but irrespective of whether you win or lose I cannot for the life of me see what anyone gets out of announcing it publicly!!!

£150 is a serious amount of money for a lot of people.

jarv

Reverse psychology, well done. You sacrificed your money to earn us a point. 049:gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: Jem on October 17, 2015, 08:46:14 PM
Quote"
Did I make an error today yes, a £150 error but I always want our team to win."

Can you honestly say that part of you would not be happy if you won the bet?  If  not why did you make it?
This post answers Blanco's point. Yes,if you put a sizeable bet on your team to lose, clearly you are then happy for them to lose because you make money. And if you are "happy" to lose £150 to see your team get a point, then fine, but give it away to someone or something more meaningful. And as for easy money some of us on here said before the game that we seriously thought we could get a point (or perhaps even more) so the comment that it was easy money was ill-judged, even without hindsight. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Blanco on October 17, 2015, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on October 17, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: One James stannard on October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM
Returns £230, the easiest £80 I've ever earned.

All my faith has gone  :016:

LOL

If you laughed at me after losing £150 I'd have something to say to you. Why don't you just keep quite and be glad we got a result?

I would make a very loud point at laughing at you, or anyone else that lost big betting against Fulham.

There's one thing to think it, another thing to do it, but to come on the Fulham board and brag about it? Sorry mate, beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned, and I hope whomever does that loses their shirt.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I knew that posting on here that I had placed a bet on Fulham losing that I would come in for some stick, whether the bet was won or lost. I'm a big boy and can take it.

I guess I had the bet out of frustration more than anything else, I honestly couldn't see us get anything out of the game.
I honestly look at the result as a very good point earned against a very good team opposed to a £150 bet lost.

I certainly never wanted Fulham to lose, NEVER have and never will. I would also like to think of myself as a decent fan.

Good job standing tall and accepting the loss mate, still not my cup of tea at all, I'd never want to profit from Fulham's loss, just wouldn't sit right somehow, but everyone to their own, fortunately we didn't lose or you might have got some death threats!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RolandAJ

Quality response.
I hope you've learned your lesson!

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

epsomraver

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on October 17, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
People can do what they like. The general anti club and anti manager feeling that fills up these pages now is a mystery to me after all the frustrations of the past. Still I have a choice not to go on these pages as much as I used to.

I have never done it but some of the posts about wanting to lose and betting against the club just makes no sense. Frustration is one thing. We have all been there and said things criticising Fulham or the players and the way the club was going.  But what a depressing place this MB has become when fans want us to lose.

I agree. Some people don`t seem to understand what being a supporter of a club means. The clues in the name.
0001.jpeg

Neil D

To shift the emphasis away from the betting issue - some on this forum have expressed the view that they wanted the club to lose to bring about Magath's exit.  It could be argued that the bigger picture was that defeats  were necessary to rid the club of an incompetent so that the damage would not prove terminal (i.e. relegation).  Is it always treasonable to want to see your team to lose one or more matches if you have the longer term view?