watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just stuck £150 on Middlesbrough

Started by One James stannard, October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

Returns £230, the easiest £80 I've ever earned.

All my faith has gone  :016:

Kent Cassandra

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

grandad

I could never bring myself to bet against us no matter what the odds.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Blanco

H4usuallysitting

I've gone for the double.... Fulham & Villa to win £20

dannyboi-ffc

I almost put Middlesbrough in my acca today but I just couldn't do it. I might want Kit to go but money isn't just an object to me, so putting money on us to lose would mean I would be hoping we lose to justify gambling my money and I could never do that.

I don't think I've ever done more than 20 on a bet before lol. 150 is brave especially on Fulham, will you be happy if we win? If the answer is no then isn't that a bit weird? I would say good luck but I hope you lose lol.  No offence

I hoped we would lose to Brentford in the cup last year to end Magath's reign, but when I was there my attitude quickly changed. I would rather Kit win my over than hope we lose. Even though I don't think he is capable of doing so.

At least you are honest I guess lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jonaldiniho 88

Insurance. You win either way. The fact you have to put so much on to win 80 is a sign of how bad we are.

SuffolkWhite

It would be just like us to win this one as we are so inconsistant! Could be a Fulhamish result!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Blanco

I had us in an accumulator to lose 3-1 but lost the other bets so doesn't matter now.

In terms of wanting Fulham to win when gambling, I think that if it's a regular league game that I expect us to lose and especially if I had £150 I'd want to win the bet. If it was a playoff final then I'd happily lose the money.

Wearethewhites

I've learned never to bet against Fulham, regardless of how poor we are, have been. It's not my bet, so we'll prob lose anyway, but I'd never put £150.00 on it.

Oakeshott

"putting money on us to lose would mean I would be hoping we lose"

No, it would just mean you think we will lose. There is surely no inconsistency in hoping that we will win (as I do every game) and thinking, on the basis of evidence rather than the pull of one's emotions, that in some games we will probably lose.

The difference between the Premiership and Championship in this regard is that in the former there were at least a dozen games each season where one could only hope, while acknowledging the probability was we would lose. In the Championship, I think that one our day we could beat any other team, home or away. Sadly, the way we play we could also lose to almost every other team, home or away!

As things stand, today's game is probably the hardest of the season to win, but I am not without hope and certainly don't regard Middlesborough as the kind of certainty that, for example, Arsenal used to be when playing us at their ground.

SP

Travel in hope but Downing & Nugent against our creaking defence is a serious worry.

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on October 17, 2015, 12:31:10 PM
I could never bring myself to bet against us no matter what the odds.
:plus one: :plus one: no decent fan would

GrahamG

Tony

I remember a couple of Australian cricketers betting on England to win a particular test match (I think it was the game when Botham scored a century and Willis bowled out of his skin)
The odds were really attractive but I found that absolutely incredible. We are not talking about fans but about the actual players.
Imagine your reaction if you found out that a Fulham player had put money on a Middlesbrough win

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: One James stannard on October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM

All my faith has gone  :016:

LOL

fiveclack

Blanco

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on October 17, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: One James stannard on October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM

All my faith has gone  :016:

LOL

If you laughed at me after losing £150 I'd have something to say to you. Why don't you just keep quite and be glad we got a result?

RaySmith