more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just stuck £150 on Middlesbrough

Started by One James stannard, October 17, 2015, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Neil D on October 18, 2015, 01:27:49 PM
To shift the emphasis away from the betting issue - some on this forum have expressed the view that they wanted the club to lose to bring about Magath's exit.  It could be argued that the bigger picture was that defeats  were necessary to rid the club of an incompetent so that the damage would not prove terminal (i.e. relegation).  Is it always treasonable to want to see your team to lose one or more matches if you have the longer term view? 

He was incompetent so we lost. To wish we lost to prove he was incompetent is illogical. Wishing your team loses so a player you don't like is dropped or a manager sacked. Is just not support. In the long run it is selfish petulance from those fans who want their own way and can see no other point of view. I disliked Jol and saw through Magath and was vocal about it and gave my reasons. But to wish the club lost so I would be proved right was never a feeling I had.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2015, 01:43:40 PM
To shift the emphasis away from the betting issue - some on this forum have expressed the view that they wanted the club to lose to bring about Magath's exit.  It could be argued that the bigger picture was that defeats  were necessary to rid the club of an incompetent so that the damage would not prove terminal (i.e. relegation).  Is it always treasonable to want to see your team to lose one or more matches if you have the longer term view? 

He was incompetent so we lost. To wish we lost to prove he was incompetent is illogical. Wishing your team loses so a player you don't like is dropped or a manager sacked. Is just not support. In the long run it is selfish petulance from those fans who want their own way and can see no other point of view. I disliked Jol and saw through Magath and was vocal about it and gave my reasons. But to wish the club lost so I would be proved right was never a feeling I had.

Points on the board are the things that can keep us up-in the long term view.

Winning helps the confidence and morale of the players and fans.
-important whoever is manager.

You can never predict future results, or that a change of manager will improve things, thus throwing away points is stupid.

The ethics of the game are that a team should try to do  well as possible in every game, and for supporters to always get behind your team - spur them on to success.

To hope your team loses is crazy and alien to the whole concept of supporting a team.