https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Reading

Started by Ordar, October 22, 2015, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Quote from: epsomraver on October 23, 2015, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on October 23, 2015, 09:18:29 AM
IMO, I think that so far this season, we've only had a couple of exceptional players. McCormack should be, but never will be, dropped. This is a problem. He needs to know he's not invincible. Until that happens, he'll be stuck in this inconsistent run of form. Since he's Kit's first name on the team sheet, I think we'll line up as:
                         Lewis
Richards   Stearman    Ream(if fit, Burn if not) Garbutt
Cairney    Tunnicliffe    Parker     Pringle
              Dembele     McCormack

Rodak, Fredericks, Husband, Matilla, Kacaniklic, LVC, Smith 

I'm not a big Dembele fan, and I'd like Ross to be an impact sub. So, I would go for:
                        Lewis
Richards    Stearman   Burn    Husband
                          Parker
                 Cairney       Tunnicliffe
Fredericks                            Kacaniklic
                          Smith

Rodak, Garbutt, Hutchinson, Matilla, Pringle, McCormack, Woodrow

Why drop Burn, only player worth his wages on the pitch apart from Lewis Wednesday night

Reasons to drop Burn:
He's slow,slow, slow
Gets turned over time and time again
Despite his height can't defend corners
Has heart but was dropped for a reason
Some people have short memories!

ffc73

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2015, 05:21:18 PM
352/532
Lewis
Fredericks Stearman Ream Burn Husband
Cairney Tunniclffe LVC
Dembele Woodrow

I am undecided on Richards -v- Fredericks but if we started a 3-5-2 I would try Richards in the right wing back role first simply because that is the position he has been outstanding in with Wales.  Maybe then we would see that level of performance from him for us.  If not then try Fredericks

epsomraver

Quote from: TerryR on October 23, 2015, 01:24:43 PM
IMO, I think that so far this season, we've only had a couple of exceptional players. McCormack should be, but never will be, dropped. This is a problem. He needs to know he's not invincible. Until that happens, he'll be stuck in this inconsistent run of form. Since he's Kit's first name on the team sheet, I think we'll line up as:
                         Lewis
              Dembele     McCormack

I'm not a big Dembele fan, and I'd like Ross to be an impact sub. So, I would go for:
                        Lewis
                          Parker
                          Smith

Why drop Burn, only player worth his wages on the pitch apart from Lewis Wednesday night

Reasons to drop Burn:
He's slow,slow, slow
Gets turned over time and time again
Despite his height can't defend corners
Has heart but was dropped for a reason
Some people have short memories!

Were you there Wednesday night then Terry?

FPT

I wouldn't complain with a 433: Lewis, Richards, Stearman, Burn, Husband; Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Cairney; Fredericks, Dembele, Kacaniklic.

Lets sit back, and counter quickly. We've got no O'Hara meaning controlling the midfield will likely become difficult. Christensen can support attacks box-to-box, Cairney can pick out passes out wide. Fredericks and Kacaniklic hug the touchlines and make penetrative runs. If we're gonna go down, lets do it in a blaze of ferocious counter attacking glory.

MJG

FPT there is something about that team I like,  we will never see it,  but it could have been fun to watch.

epsomraver

Quote from: FPT on October 23, 2015, 01:30:31 PM
I wouldn't complain with a 433: Lewis, Richards, Stearman, Burn, Husband; Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Cairney; Fredericks, Dembele, Kacaniklic.

Lets sit back, and counter quickly. We've got no O'Hara meaning controlling the midfield will likely become difficult. Christensen can support attacks box-to-box, Cairney can pick out passes out wide. Fredericks and Kacaniklic hug the touchlines and make penetrative runs. If we're gonna go down, lets do it in a blaze of ferocious counter attacking glory.

At last, some sense, good thinking Batman, we can do the sitting back superbly but the other.............give it more time

Sheepskin Junior

Lewis
              Dembele     McCormack

Lewis
                          Parker
                          Smith

I'm not suggesting he should be dropped, as stated above, I think that's what Kit will do
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Bill2

Quote from: nose on October 22, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
i cannot ageree dembele should start.. he scored a good goal v leeds but everything else was wrong, his attitude and application in particular were dreadful. did he win a header, did he even try?
he still plays like a boy, and he is young, to reward such lack of application is simply scandalous.
Lots of abuse about this post but he does have a point. Moussa is the marmite of the team at the moment, but lets not get silly about it all.

He was weak in the air on Wednesday but chucking long balls against a large centre half was never going to work, so don't blame the lad it was the tactics. Lets be fair he scored his goal when we played the ball on the floor and went past several players. Also if he did win any balls in the air where would they end up, back with the opposition.

He isn't the finished article and he needs to get sharper but he is getting better and if you play football to the feet or cross it into the box I believe you will see a far more effective player. If you want to lump it forward play Matt Smith, who will do the business for you and sometimes that is a good tactic. However, that will only work if you have a high midfield to pick up any knock downs and I don't feel we have that.

So in my mind give Moussa a chance and play him again, but keep the ball to his feet and chest when playing it forward.

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 23, 2015, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: Chutney on October 23, 2015, 12:06:34 PM
i cannot ageree dembele should start.. he scored a good goal v leeds but everything else was wrong, his attitude and application in particular were dreadful. did he win a header, did he even try?
he still plays like a boy, and he is young, to reward such lack of application is simply scandalous.
is this meant to be a joke?
I can assure you it is not

thank you MJG for your concise response. I have argued my case and a couple of people have agreed I am pleased to say.
in Kit's interview on the main site the lady said demblel was now becoming prolific... i never three goals in a season was prolific. perhaps that is my problem, i though prolific was at least one every other game as an average.... or similar.

nose

Quote from: Bill2 on October 23, 2015, 03:41:36 PM
Lots of abuse about this post but he does have a point. Moussa is the marmite of the team at the moment, but lets not get silly about it all.

He was weak in the air on Wednesday but chucking long balls against a large centre half was never going to work, so don't blame the lad it was the tactics. Lets be fair he scored his goal when we played the ball on the floor and went past several players. Also if he did win any balls in the air where would they end up, back with the opposition.

He isn't the finished article and he needs to get sharper but he is getting better and if you play football to the feet or cross it into the box I believe you will see a far more effective player. If you want to lump it forward play Matt Smith, who will do the business for you and sometimes that is a good tactic. However, that will only work if you have a high midfield to pick up any knock downs and I don't feel we have that.

So in my mind give Moussa a chance and play him again, but keep the ball to his feet and chest when playing it forward.

thank you for your comment. I think he has had a very good chance and now it is time to see what woodrow can do because he has not. the few moments we have seen he seems to be the superior player and I am afraid he will hand in his transfer request if he doesn;t and that will be a crime... if i was woodrow's dad I would certrainly be urging him to go elsewhere.

Asotosyios

Quote from: nose on October 23, 2015, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on October 23, 2015, 03:41:36 PM

thank you for your comment. I think he has had a very good chance and now it is time to see what woodrow can do because he has not. the few moments we have seen he seems to be the superior player and I am afraid he will hand in his transfer request if he doesn;t and that will be a crime... if i was woodrow's dad I would certrainly be urging him to go elsewhere.

Are you sure you are not Woodrow's dad?? :)

MJG

So Nose you obviously are in the camp that youngsters should just jump ship if they are not playing. So agree with Roberts leaving,  Hyndman going and now Woodrow?

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 23, 2015, 05:34:02 PM
So Nose you obviously are in the camp that youngsters should just jump ship if they are not playing. So agree with Roberts leaving,  Hyndman going and now Woodrow?

I have answered this elsewhere
BUT
Woodrow has not been given a chance. he played brilliantly V derby, scored and was dropped. He sits and watches others play not that well, fail to score and keep their place...how long should he wait for his opportunity. in such a limited playing career how long would you wait?
roberts was a special case because he was clearly physically not quite developed enough and the club felt they could cash in, I was not in agreement but I did think we could have seen a bit more of him last season. hyndman, has had a few games but when I have seen him does not look quite physically ready, but we have players that are better.

i do not know what you want me to say beyond that.

I can see the team is not playing well, i can see certain players not performing yet not being dropped, and a level of fiction being written on this MB. When I say what i think a few of you on here seem not to like me stating something different to the norm (and by that I mean the norm on the MB).

Do you think dembele deserves to keep his place based on his last four perfomances?

God The Mechanic

You keep mentioning his performance against Derby - it was 8 months ago!  We played 12 league games after that and he featured in over half of them, starting in three of them.  He even started the following game which we lost at home to Watford.  He didn't score again.

MJG

I believe he does deserve to start yes. Unlike your view of the Boro game I thought he led the line well against a tough defence.
I don't think he was helped on Wednesday by Ross and his sulky performance.  Now there is a player underperforming...but of course he's exempt from usual rules.

filham

Oh there are some selection problems,
1. Who can possibly replace O'Hara, he has beeb so good all season. Parker hasn't kicked a championship ball in anger this season so needs a few 15 minute end of match run outs.

2. Wide men, LVC, Pringle Kaca all looked poor on Wednesday, will kit give Frederick a chance.

3. Burn looked so good on Wednesday, surely he can't be left out.

4. Oh we do need a target man, is Smith match fit and ready for an hours play play.

Hard to see us pulling a win out of the bag for this one.

twang

Lewis
Richards - Stearman - Burn - Ream
Fredericks - Cairney - Tunnicliffe - Husband
McCormack - Dembele

Subs: Lonergan/Rodak, Hutchinson, Parker, Mattila, Williams, Smith, Woodrow

Pluto

Quote from: Ordar on October 22, 2015, 12:15:46 PM
Assuming everyone is fit.

---------------------Lewis------------
---------Stearman--Burn--Ream-------
Fredericks------------------------Husband
---------Cairney---O'Hara--Tunnicliffe----
------------McCormack--Dembele

Its pointless having Pringle, Kaca or LVC in the team.

If Ream isn't fit put Hutchinson in.

Cant see how Lewis can be dropped

With the squad we have this formation makes complete sense. With o'Hara out Hyndman should be the one to come in

nose

Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 23, 2015, 06:13:41 PM
You keep mentioning his performance against Derby - it was 8 months ago!  We played 12 league games after that and he featured in over half of them, starting in three of them.  He even started the following game which we lost at home to Watford.  He didn't score again.
actually as i remember it (and I haven't checked) he was dropped for the game after derby becuase, in kit's words, Hugo was so busting to playing, woodrow has not been given a run of starts and only appeaerd as an infrequent substitute. He has absolutely not been given a proper chance to show what he can do and to settle into the team without fear of being left out thereafter.

rubbernecca

I would go with Ordar's original formation with Parker in for the suspended O'Hara:

---------------------Lewis------------
---------Stearman--Burn--Ream-------
Fredericks------------------------Husband
---------Cairney---Parker--Tunnicliffe----
------------McCormack--Dembele

Without O'Hara, Parker is the only one who can provide sorely needed leadership.  As long as he doesn't revert to a bout of pirouetting, which can spring up unexpectedly at any give time!