Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Assuming everyone is fit.

---------------------Lewis------------
---------Stearman--Burn--Ream-------
Fredericks------------------------Husband
---------Cairney---O'Hara--Tunnicliffe----
------------McCormack--Dembele

Its pointless having Pringle, Kaca or LVC in the team.

If Ream isn't fit put Hutchinson in.

Cant see how Lewis can be dropped

God The Mechanic

O'Hara is suspended - and unfortunately probably our most irreplaceable player for the role he plays and what he brings.

Ordar

I did not know that.... well that's annoying. I guess you have to put Parker in...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ordar on October 22, 2015, 12:25:53 PM
I did not know that.... well that's annoying. I guess you have to put Parker in...

Yep - for pretty much every other player we have another who can play pretty much the same role, but O'Hara is the only one that convinces me playing the role he does.  Could be interesting to see what Mattila brings, Parker may not have the legs to start after such a long time out.  Could also have Tunnicliffe in that role with LVC replacing him - in your line up.  Or Hyndman...

AnEssexFan

After last night's invisible performance from Ross I'd like to try something like:
                             Lewis

Richards     Stearman     Burn     Husband

Parker     Tunnicliffe

Pringle           LVC          Cairney

Dembele
@leightonrw07

dannyboi-ffc

Pringle is a waste of time, a player who cannot run with the ball and is ridiculously slow should not be playing on the wing unless they are consistent at great deliveries and he only pulls those off every so often. He offers nothing else and we need to try something else.

LVC needs to be taken out just to recuperate.  He is struggling at the minute in a struggling side. O' hara is suspended so as we have Cairney back I would go for a straight swap and let Cairney show what he can offer in the middle where he wants to play.

I've been calling for Garbutt and Husband to play but I'm not that impressed by Garbutt and that was before Burn showed he needs to play. But Ream is good on the ball and hard to drop so I would play him at left back and drop Garbutt.

Kaca is just as useless as Pringle and what this team needs is pace and the direct approach. Players that can get the ball and run past someone at pace, defenders hate pace. So based on that I would try this now and I don't care what people say about defenders in midfield.  If they have pace and are good on the ball it immediately offers more than playing LVC or Cairney on the right because they drift in and make us narrow and Pringle or Kaca on the left because they are slow.

I would also find a new captain, O hara is my choice but I'd give it to Burn on Saturday.

Lewis

Jazz         Stearman         Burn (c)      Ream

Fred         Cairney  Tunni/Parker  Husband

Ross
                                   Dembele

Rodak
Hutch
Garbutt
Kaca
LVC
Tunni/Parker
Smith
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 22, 2015, 01:15:52 PM
Pringle is a waste of time, a player who cannot run with the ball and is ridiculously slow should not be playing on the wing unless they are consistent at great deliveries and he only pulls those off every so often. He offers nothing else and we need to try something else.

LVC needs to be taken out just to recuperate.  He is struggling at the minute in a struggling side. O' hara is suspended so as we have Cairney back I would go for a straight swap and let Cairney show what he can offer in the middle where he wants to play.

I've been calling for Garbutt and Husband to play but I'm not that impressed by Garbutt and that was before Burn showed he needs to play. But Ream is good on the ball and hard to drop so I would play him at left back and drop Garbutt.

Kaca is just as useless as Pringle and what this team needs is pace and the direct approach. Players that can get the ball and run past someone at pace, defenders hate pace. So based on that I would try this now and I don't care what people say about defenders in midfield.  If they have pace and are good on the ball it immediately offers more than playing LVC or Cairney on the right because they drift in and make us narrow and Pringle or Kaca on the left because they are slow.

I would also find a new captain, O hara is my choice but I'd give it to Burn on Saturday.

Lewis

Jazz         Stearman         Burn (c)      Ream

Fred         Cairney  Tunni/Parker  Husband

Ross
                                    Dembele

Rodak
Hutch
Garbutt
Kaca
LVC
Tunni/Parker
Smith

Not having a pop DannyBoi...but...

A CB playing LB.
A RB playing RW
and
A LB playing LW.

Surely you can understand some not being convinced.

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: Ordar on October 22, 2015, 12:15:46 PM

I like this idea with our squad but I just dont think Kit has it in him to train the team to do it properly. This maybe why steve bruce is being touted as he did this with hull and got them promoted. just a thought.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Ordar on October 22, 2015, 12:15:46 PM

This is what I would do with Parker or Matilla for OHara

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 22, 2015, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 22, 2015, 01:15:52 PM

LVC needs to be taken out just to recuperate.  He is struggling at the minute in a struggling side. O' hara is suspended so as we have Cairney back I would go for a straight swap and let Cairney show what he can offer in the middle where he wants to play.

Kaca is just as useless as Pringle and what this team needs is pace and the direct approach. Players that can get the ball and run past someone at pace, defenders hate pace. So based on that I would try this now and I don't care what people say about defenders in midfield.  If they have pace and are good on the ball it immediately offers more than playing LVC or Cairney on the right because they drift in and make us narrow and Pringle or Kaca on the left because they are slow.

Lewis

Jazz         Stearman         Burn (c)      Ream

Fred         Cairney  Tunni/Parker  Husband

Ross
                                   Dembele

Rodak
Hutch
Garbutt
Kaca
LVC
Tunni/Parker
Smith

Not having a pop DannyBoi...but...

A CB playing LB.
A RB playing RW
and
A LB playing LW.

Surely you can understand some not being convinced.

Well Ream plays left back for USA so he is actually someone that plays both positions. Cairney and LVC are not right wingers anyway so what difference does it make trying someone else there. At least Fred has lightning pace and I'm not having it that Pringle is a proper winger either. He is a left sided midfielder who makes us narrow and delivers the odd decent cross. But when Smith isn't there to win the headers what purpose does Pringle serve?

I realise people will raise eyebrows but at least it has pace and a bit of umph about it.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Southcoastffc

Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 22, 2015, 12:19:43 PM
O'Hara is suspended - and unfortunately probably our most irreplaceable player for the role he plays and what he brings.
Given his poor game last night (I know he wasn't the only one) it's probably not a bad thing that O'Hara is suspended. I do like the look of 5 3 2 though - what about Cairney centre mid, Fredericks wide right and Jazz Richards behind him?  I suspect Parker would be too pedestrian for Reading.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 22, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 22, 2015, 12:19:43 PM
Given his poor game last night (I know he wasn't the only one) it's probably not a bad thing that O'Hara is suspended. I do like the look of 5 3 2 though - what about Cairney centre mid, Fredericks wide right and Jazz Richards behind him?  I suspect Parker would be too pedestrian for Reading.

I'd prefer Fredericks as the right wing back and then have Tunnicliffe playing a "destroyer" role with Cairney and probably LVC (Hyndman would be another option, but I doubt we'll see him hit double figures in terms of minutes let alone games from now until the end of the season).  Mattila could also play the deeper role, if LVC is dropped, giving Tunnicliffe one of the roaming roles - it would be more blunt force over guile though.  We have plenty of options, just not that many tested ones and even fewer success stories this season.

Not sure Reading (at home, especially after our recent run) would be the game to gamble and test all this on though ;)

epsomraver

Drop Ross, it is just useless at the moment,has been for a few matches looks not interested and useless as a captain

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on October 22, 2015, 03:42:40 PM
Drop Ross, it is just useless at the moment,has been for a few matches looks not interested and useless as a captain

I'm not a fan either and he is a useless captain. But if we drop him who comes in? Dembele can't cope up top on his own and Woodrow isn't good enough imo.  So do we try Smith and Dembele? That's the only reason  I think Ross gets away with it. Because we don't have much else to drop him for

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

God The Mechanic

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 22, 2015, 04:02:28 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 22, 2015, 03:42:40 PM

I'm not a fan either and he is a useless captain. But if we drop him who comes in? Dembele can't cope up top on his own and Woodrow isn't good enough imo.  So do we try Smith and Dembele? That's the only reason  I think Ross gets away with it. Because we don't have much else to drop him for

Smith and Dembele could be interesting from a flick on perspective.  I'd like to see Woodrow and Dembele - but I'm not sure this is the game for it, probably only worth the final 20-30 or so of a game as a starting point too.

AnEssexFan

If Smith is fit then he and Dembele would be good. But Kit will never ever drop Ross.
@leightonrw07

love4ffc

At this point I am willing to try any of the above.  Not like we are knocking them dead with what we are currently doing.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Chutney

Love the team that doesn't even have Pringle on the bench, he's a waste of space.
C O Y W

J.Perkins

Lewis;

Richards, Stearman, Ream, Husband;

Cairney, Tunnicliffe, O'Hara;

Fredericks, Dembele, McCormack

MJG

352/532
Lewis
Fredericks Stearman Ream Burn Husband
Cairney Tunniclffe LVC
Dembele Woodrow