watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

This is my 1000th post.  In keeping with its 999 predecessors it has nothing useful or interesting to say about this thread or any others.

alexmur

Quote from: Neil D on December 27, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
This is my 1000th post.  In keeping with its 999 predecessors it has nothing useful or interesting to say about this thread or any others.
lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ron

A totally honest and unpretentious post. By that alone it beats a lot of posts on here out of sight!

Here's to the next thousand!   :54:

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Neil D on December 27, 2015, 03:43:20 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 27, 2015, 03:31:24 PM

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets.
Sometimes even platitudes would be appreciated.  How about:

'The Club is aware of the frustration and concern currently being experienced by our fans over the delay in securing a new head coach.  It was never our intention that it would take this long but we are actively following several avenues and believe that we will be able to make an appointment very soon.  In the meantime, we hope the fans will be patient for just a little bit longer as this appointment needs to be one able to take us forward in our bid to return to the Premier League.'  Blah blah.

So you would be content with platitudes?

That hardly seems to justify the fuss.

I think we would assume the above and, as such, do not feel the need for this touchy-feelly stuff or  anything until we get "Fulham FC is pleased to announce . . .".

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 01:47:46 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: alexmur on December 27, 2015, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 27, 2015, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM
From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.
it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that

They aren't going to tell us who they are looking to appoint & im not suggesting they should. But don't you think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation as to what's happening? I certainly do & so do many more fans.

It is very possible for the club to talk to its fans without giving out specific details. It would have been appreciated if they had acknowledged the delay & reassured the fans that they were trying their hardest to make the right appointment for the club. Instead all we've heard is rumours from the media & 2nd hand information that fans have managed to dig out.

For all we know the board are sitting on their arses enjoying the run up to Christmas & Christmas break. How do we know they are trying? I'm sure they are but I get the impression they're not!

So I don't think you've missed other clubs behaving in a different way when they've been without a manager but what other clubs leave it so long to appoint a new man after dumping the last?

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets?

They haven't even said that much though have they?

Have a look at the other thread about Mike Rigg being out on Christmas Eve, if that's true, that is all most fans would have wanted to hear, rather than sitting on their arse doing nothing. Which I'm sure isn't the case by the way, but how do we know any different???

They said we are searching for a Head Coach. Are you saying that you need to be reassured that is still the case and that they haven't just stopped for a long Christmas holiday?

Apart from the revelation about FFP what did Rigg say that wasn't obvious?

Quote from: SG on December 27, 2015, 03:44:10 PM
I would like them to say whatever a well run, efficient, competent service based, customer facing organisation would say.
For example -
We recognise that the international break by which we hoped to have appointed somebody is long gone
We recognise that we are now in our 8th week without a manager and that is disappointing for everyone
We can reassure you that we have held discussions with several people but do not feel they are suitable for the role
We recognise that this is unacceptable and disruptive to the players although Stuart is doing his very best on behalf of us all
We can assure you all that we are working night and day, leaving no stone unturned to secure the person we think is best to lead the club back to the Premier League
As soon as that person is secured you will be the first to be know.

That would do for starters. Actually tells us nothing but at least is a communication to the people who actually care the most.

Really?

This is all stuff that we know except the bit about "this is unacceptable and disruptive to the players although Stuart is doing his very best on behalf of us all" because it should be that disruptive to professional players and no sensible PR person would let that sort of statement through.

PokerMatt

Haha brilliant.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

filham

After all this time are we going to believe the Sun ???

Lighthouse

The big question is whoever is eventually our manager. Will he last longer than it took to employ him?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 04:11:46 PM
From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.
it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that

They aren't going to tell us who they are looking to appoint & im not suggesting they should. But don't you think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation as to what's happening? I certainly do & so do many more fans.

It is very possible for the club to talk to its fans without giving out specific details. It would have been appreciated if they had acknowledged the delay & reassured the fans that they were trying their hardest to make the right appointment for the club. Instead all we've heard is rumours from the media & 2nd hand information that fans have managed to dig out.

For all we know the board are sitting on their arses enjoying the run up to Christmas & Christmas break. How do we know they are trying? I'm sure they are but I get the impression they're not!

So I don't think you've missed other clubs behaving in a different way when they've been without a manager but what other clubs leave it so long to appoint a new man after dumping the last?
I think football as a the business it is today that just doesn't happen, moreover Rigg isn't going to update us every day or so or every week to let us know whats what otherwise it wouldn't stop at just manager appointments. So for me as much as I would like to know I don't fell the club have to tell me anything as that's just how clubs are run today.

Not saying they are run right just saying as I think it is today

It is not just football clubs or today.

When in the past have the club said anything between announcing that they were looking for a new manager and the appointment (and, yes, I know this gap is a little longer than usual)? They are not going to announce who we have spoken to and why those talks failed. The search simply goes on until a deal is signed.

Businesses, organisations and even most individuals don't announce anything until matters are settled. I know that it is a bit of a fashion with social media like Facebook to broadcast everything you do, like what you had for breakfast, or anything that frustrates you But in the real world most are a bit more restrained.

SG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 27, 2015, 05:09:07 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 04:11:46 PM

Disgraceful

I think football as a the business it is today that just doesn't happen, moreover Rigg isn't going to update us every day or so or every week to let us know whats what otherwise it wouldn't stop at just manager appointments. So for me as much as I would like to know I don't fell the club have to tell me anything as that's just how clubs are run today.

Not saying they are run right just saying as I think it is today

It is not just football clubs or today. When in the past have the club said anything between announcing that they were looking for a new manager and the appointment (and, yes, I know this gap is a little longer than usual)? They are not going to announce who we have spoken to and why those talks failed. The search simply goes on until a deal is signed.

A little longer than usual, it's approaching 8 weeks. Clearly some are more patient and tolerant of failure than I am.

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 05:08:12 PM
The big question is whoever is eventually our manager. Will he last longer than it took to employ him?

I found this funny and sad at the same time..... :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham76

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 27, 2015, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 03:42:24 PM

Disgraceful

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets?

They haven't even said that much though have they?

Have a look at the other thread about Mike Rigg being out on Christmas Eve, if that's true, that is all most fans would have wanted to hear, rather than sitting on their arse doing nothing. Which I'm sure isn't the case by the way, but how do we know any different???

They said we are searching for a Head Coach. Are you saying that you need to be reassured that is still the case and that they haven't just stopped for a long Christmas holiday?

Apart from the revelation about FFP what did Rigg say that wasn't obvious?

You're obviously hanging out for an argument which I can't be bothered with so feel free to go for the last word after this.

I don't need constant reassurance but noting the time it's taken to get where we are, which could be absolutely nowhere, because we've been told nothing I think a statement of some sort would be the professional way to go.

Over to you...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 27, 2015, 03:01:39 PM
...I don't disagree RL63, but we are all living in desperation hope. Not even convinced he will be with us long enough to do any good, but we need any coach/manager to bring some stability, and whoever we get we'll have to back...

Would anyone reasonably expect any manager to be with us for very long??? He could be furry, have three toes on each paw, spend most of his life slowly lumbering around in trees, and have the last name Sloth and I'd still expect him to be quick out the door at this point.

Seriously though, any manager coming into this job at this juncture would be foolish not to have some plan in place beyond Fulham.

The club are going to have to rebuild trust amongst the managers that they are a place of stability. Same with players. Same with fans. We come across like children wearing out some flavor of the month toy and moving on to the next. We've got to bring someone in and stick with them through bad results and try to come out better for it on the other side.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Its a business, I don't think any business that any of us work for tell us when they are looking for a new CEO and who they are interviewing or how long it will take.

That's just the way it is, not looking for an argument just saying they don't have to tell us anything
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 27, 2015, 04:50:01 PM
Quote from: Neil D on December 27, 2015, 03:43:20 PM

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets.
Sometimes even platitudes would be appreciated.  How about:

'The Club is aware of the frustration and concern currently being experienced by our fans over the delay in securing a new head coach.  It was never our intention that it would take this long but we are actively following several avenues and believe that we will be able to make an appointment very soon.  In the meantime, we hope the fans will be patient for just a little bit longer as this appointment needs to be one able to take us forward in our bid to return to the Premier League.'  Blah blah.

So you would be content with platitudes?

That hardly seems to justify the fuss.

I think we would assume the above and, as such, do not feel the need for this touchy-feelly stuff or  anything until we get "Fulham FC is pleased to announce . . .".

I would certainly appreciate some communication from the club. Just the recognition of the frustration and some official explanation (no need to get into privileged info) why the search has not progressed as expected.

Call it "touchy-feely" if you must but, it's communication and that has been sorely lacking lately. Personally, all the charming Christmas videos and articles, even some of what's been said about recent performances by the players and caretaker, come across as diversionary and less than genuine without the acknowledgement of the elephant in the room.

Just fess up to the shortcomings in the managerial/head coaching search and talk about it. It's not difficult and it's not a secret. Why avoid talking about it with those who care most?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 05:33:36 PM
Its a business, I don't think any business that any of us work for tell us when they are looking for a new CEO and who they are interviewing or how long it will take.

That's just the way it is, not looking for an argument just saying they don't have to tell us anything

But that's kind of the point isn't it??? I'm not looking for a fight either. But, the image that Fulham want to project ( I believe anyway ) is that of a family club and that requires a less corporate approach. They don't have to do anything really other than generally address concerns.

And for the benefits of something like that, there's plenty of evidence already that it relieves supporter frustration greatly. They need only look at this site and the change in attitude after released videos of Rigg/Kit/AliMac, after Khan's interview with Russ, after they began the pre-game video interviews w Sarah.

Currently, we have supporters begging other supporters via social media to put aside frustrations and attend the Jimmy Hill tribute on Tuesday. My impression is that this has never been necessary since I've been a supporter which is admittedly not that long (05/06). Better use of their communication tools I think would alleviate some pretty harsh feelings toward the club at the moment.

westcliff white

toodles I get your point, but they don't have too as much as they are a family club, I cannot remember ever we have done that.

My local club Southend do the same promote as a family club and they do exactly the same. Just the way clubs are

Our communications team can only release what they are allowed too, and yes it would be bteer if there were more, but If they came out and said we are after QA or talking to B and then they do not come then its stupid. We did that once with Claudio Reyna had it online saying he had sign, only for a few hours to see him paraded as an Citys new singing.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Latest communication from the club -

We have received many requests asking us to keep the fans up to date about what is happening at the moment. We are only too happy to oblige.

We have no idea what we are doing.

Thanks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 05:58:52 PM
Latest communication from the club -

We have received many requests asking us to keep the fans up to date about what is happening at the moment. We are only too happy to oblige.

We have no idea what we are doing.

Thanks.

Probably spot on