Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkras99

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 27, 2015, 02:36:55 PM
Fulham agree compensation over new boss

DEC 27, 2015 CHAMPIONSHIP, FEATURED, FULHAM, NEWS

Fulham have agreed compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv over making Slavisa Jokanovic the London club's new boss, according to a report.

It is understood that Fulham have been in talks with Jokanovic about taking over at the club for the past few days.  With around £250,000 compensation now having been agreed with Tel Aviv, the deal looks set to go ahead.

Fulham have been without a manager since they sacked Kit Symons in early November so have taken their time in appointing a new man.  Several names have been linked with the job, such as Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert, but moves for most failed to materialise.

It now looks as if Fulham have finally got their man however, after nearly two months of looking.  Jokanovic has been identified as the man with the ability to take Fulham back up to the Premier League.  This is in part due to his achievement with Watford last season, when he took the club up.

http://the72.co.uk/42825/fulham-agree-compensation-over-new-boss/

This is the report - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6524746/SunSports-daily-transfer-round-up.html

FULHAM are moving closer to making Slavisa Jokanovic their boss.

¿The Cottagers have agreed £250,000 compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Serb Jokanovic, 47, led Watford to the Premier League last season.

LBNo11

...hot off the press:-

BY TOM ALLEN ON    DEC 27, 2015 CHAMPIONSHIP, FEATURED, FULHAM, NEWS

Fulham have agreed compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv over making Slavisa Jokanovic the London club's new boss, according to a report.

It is understood that Fulham have been in talks with Jokanovic about taking over at the club for the past few days.  With around £250,000 compensation now having been agreed with Tel Aviv, the deal looks set to go ahead.

Fulham have been without a manager since they sacked Kit Symons in early November so have taken their time in appointing a new man.  Several names have been linked with the job, such as Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert, but moves for most failed to materialise.

It now looks as if Fulham have finally got their man however, after nearly two months of looking.  Jokanovic has been identified as the man with the ability to take Fulham back up to the Premier League.  This is in part due to his achievement with Watford last season, when he took the club up.
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 27, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

I don't believe sites like this, not legitimate journalism. It's basically a glorified blog
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LBNo11

...I don't disagree RL63, but we are all living in desperation hope. Not even convinced he will be with us long enough to do any good, but we need any coach/manager to bring some stability, and whoever we get we'll have to back...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alexmur

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: alexmur on December 27, 2015, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 27, 2015, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM
From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.
it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful
http://the72.co.uk/42825/fulham-agree-compensation-over-new-boss/ aparantly we have settled on compensation

bobby01

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2015, 08:58:24 AM
Quote from: grandad on December 27, 2015, 08:56:15 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2015, 07:54:52 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 27, 2015, 07:31:37 AM
If we don't land Joka after getting so very close, and given that it would appear to have come down to a a failure to agree relatively minor compensation, then that is it for me.  I will return to the UK next year after retiring from my job in Dubai and had planned to get season tickets for myself and my wife.  With this shower in charge and this useless owner; FORGET IT.

The way things are going, by the time you return to England, you will be able to turn up on match day, and pay through the Turnstile, and then select where you wish to sit, at your leisure.

Ahh those were the days. I remember them well. Very civilized.
And you can swap ends at half time

Oh those were the days, lol, a stroll down the river side to totally wake you up as a bonus
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 01:47:46 PM
From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.
it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that

They aren't going to tell us who they are looking to appoint & im not suggesting they should. But don't you think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation as to what's happening? I certainly do & so do many more fans.

It is very possible for the club to talk to its fans without giving out specific details. It would have been appreciated if they had acknowledged the delay & reassured the fans that they were trying their hardest to make the right appointment for the club. Instead all we've heard is rumours from the media & 2nd hand information that fans have managed to dig out.

For all we know the board are sitting on their arses enjoying the run up to Christmas & Christmas break. How do we know they are trying? I'm sure they are but I get the impression they're not!

So I don't think you've missed other clubs behaving in a different way when they've been without a manager but what other clubs leave it so long to appoint a new man after dumping the last?

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets?

Twig

Quote from: alexmur on December 27, 2015, 03:05:31 PM

Disgraceful
http://the72.co.uk/42825/fulham-agree-compensation-over-new-boss/ aparantly we have settled on compensation

Dear god but I hope this is true. He was always my number 1 choice.  I would even (just about) forgive the delay and the loss of a season.

mkras99

Unfortunately that latest report links to a 12/23 article from the Sun.

Fulham76

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 27, 2015, 03:31:24 PM

Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that

They aren't going to tell us who they are looking to appoint & im not suggesting they should. But don't you think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation as to what's happening? I certainly do & so do many more fans.

It is very possible for the club to talk to its fans without giving out specific details. It would have been appreciated if they had acknowledged the delay & reassured the fans that they were trying their hardest to make the right appointment for the club. Instead all we've heard is rumours from the media & 2nd hand information that fans have managed to dig out.

For all we know the board are sitting on their arses enjoying the run up to Christmas & Christmas break. How do we know they are trying? I'm sure they are but I get the impression they're not!

So I don't think you've missed other clubs behaving in a different way when they've been without a manager but what other clubs leave it so long to appoint a new man after dumping the last?

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets?

They haven't even said that much though have they?

Have a look at the other thread about Mike Rigg being out on Christmas Eve, if that's true, that is all most fans would have wanted to hear, rather than sitting on their arse doing nothing. Which I'm sure isn't the case by the way, but how do we know any different???

Neil D

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets.
Sometimes even platitudes would be appreciated.  How about:

'The Club is aware of the frustration and concern currently being experienced by our fans over the delay in securing a new head coach.  It was never our intention that it would take this long but we are actively following several avenues and believe that we will be able to make an appointment very soon.  In the meantime, we hope the fans will be patient for just a little bit longer as this appointment needs to be one able to take us forward in our bid to return to the Premier League.'  Blah blah.

SG

I would like them to say whatever a well run, efficient, competent service based, customer facing organisation would say.
For example -
We recognise that the international break by which we hoped to have appointed somebody is long gone
We recognise that we are now in our 8th week without a manager and that is disappointing for everyone
We can reassure you that we have held discussions with several people but do not feel they are suitable for the role
We recognise that this is unacceptable and disruptive to the players although Stuart is doing his very best on behalf of us all
We can assure you all that we are working night and day, leaving no stone unturned to secure the person we think is best to lead the club back to the Premier League
As soon as that person is secured you will be the first to be know.

That would do for starters. Actually tells us nothing but at least is a communication to the people who actually care the most.

Fulham76

Quote from: Neil D on December 27, 2015, 03:43:20 PM

So what exactly are you expecting the club to say? What could they say to explain what is happening beyond we are talking to potential targets.
Sometimes even platitudes would be appreciated.  How about:

'The Club is aware of the frustration and concern currently being experienced by our fans over the delay in securing a new head coach.  It was never our intention that it would take this long but we are actively following several avenues and believe that we will be able to make an appointment very soon.  In the meantime, we hope the fans will be patient for just a little bit longer as this appointment needs to be one able to take us forward in our bid to return to the Premier League.'  Blah blah.

Exactly this would have been perrfect but unfortunately seems the club think that little of their fans they couldn't be bothered to address the situation, something that probably took you no more than a minute or 2 to write.

Fulham76

Quote from: SG on December 27, 2015, 03:44:10 PM
I would like them to say whatever a well run, efficient, competent service based, customer facing organisation would say.
For example -
We recognise that the international break by which we hoped to have appointed somebody is long gone
We recognise that we are now in our 8th week without a manager and that is disappointing for everyone
We can reassure you that we have held discussions with several people but do not feel they are suitable for the role
We recognise that this is unacceptable and disruptive to the players although Stuart is doing his very best on behalf of us all
We can assure you all that we are working night and day, leaving no stone unturned to secure the person we think is best to lead the club back to the Premier League

That would do for starters. Actually tells us nothing but at least is a communication to the people who actually care the most.

Another good example of what the club should have said.

Don't know why it's so hard for a lot of our fans to understand that zero communication is an appalling way to treat its fans considering the mess we are in with the no new manager scenario & now the transfer embargo.

HV71

Quote from: SG on December 27, 2015, 03:44:10 PM
For example -

Very good post. The problem is that most businesses today are scared of ever releasing statements like this which is a pity. In this highly litigious world - the norm is not to accept responsibility - so you cannot say sorry as it implies it is your fault. Whilst this is not a litigious situation it is hard to ever break the habit - however a statement along those lines along with the words ' sorry fans ' would not hurt and would go some small way to improving customer relations

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 27, 2015, 02:53:43 PM

I don't believe sites like this, not legitimate journalism. It's basically a glorified blog
Tell the truth RL63, you just don't want this thread to ever end. These records have gone to your head. You will need to let it go at some point. Better come to terms with the inevitable sooner rather than later. Happy New Year!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 27, 2015, 03:51:53 PM

Tell the truth RL63, you just don't want this thread to ever end. These records have gone to your head. You will need to let it go at some point. Better come to terms with the inevitable sooner rather than later. Happy New Year!

It's a little from Column A and a little from Column B.
A) I legitimately don't believe anything these kind of sites say
B) This thread has broken the replies record, once it breaks the views record, then I'll be undisputed king of the mountain (instead of sharing it)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alexmur

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 27, 2015, 03:54:07 PM

It's a little from Column A and a little from Column B.
A) I legitimately don't believe anything these kind of sites say
B) This thread has broken the replies record, once it breaks the views record, then I'll be undisputed king of the mountain (instead of sharing it)
I dont want to take away from your glory, but is this thread not lots of threads merged together?

Neil D

I dont want to take away from your glory, but is this thread not lots of threads merged together?

That's correct - including mine so I want a share of the fame...

westcliff white

Disgraceful

I think football as a the business it is today that just doesn't happen, moreover Rigg isn't going to update us every day or so or every week to let us know whats what otherwise it wouldn't stop at just manager appointments. So for me as much as I would like to know I don't fell the club have to tell me anything as that's just how clubs are run today.

Not saying they are run right just saying as I think it is today
Every day is a Fulham day