more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2015, 10:28:36 PM
If we have to go for a cheap alternative, how about Derek Adams.
Took Ross County up to the Premier from 2 divs below,and has now turned
Plymouth round taking them to top..Good young  Coach,and  Fergie has spoken
well of him..Just a thought,give a good young coach a chance..

very good suggestion, the type of imaganitaive thinking lacking by our owner/board/rigg

clarkey

Great idea Mince

I agree there has been a complete lack of orignal thinking at FFC this last few months.

The problem we now have is with the wheels off the team we are in free fall.What's more with each week going past we have a diminishing chance of getting a good manager in.

Let's face it they look at two things- how well supported our most recent coaches have been and how well treated they were, and secondly the quality of the people at the top of the club. Do I need to say more ? Would you shorten your life expectancy for Mr Rigg ?

The only coach we are likely to attract is either one from the lower divisions or overseas who senses an opportunity, someone who is short of cash or an old lag on the way down who sees once last payday.  We are going to get another Magath if we are unlucky...

clarkey

By the way as a point of information what is the longest a Club like FFC has gone without a proper full time manager in charge ?

LBNo11

...the only coach we have attracted so far is a 52 seater Leyland, 100,000 miles on the clock with no MOT and bald tyres, we could have got it cheap but the deal fell though over the cost of the new tyres (tires if you're reading this Shahid)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Domino1879

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2015, 10:28:36 PM
If we have to go for a cheap alternative, how about Derek Adams.
Took Ross County up to the Premier from 2 divs below,and has now turned
Plymouth round taking them to top..Good young  Coach,and  Fergie has spoken
well of him..Just a thought,give a good young coach a chance..

Ah but that would mean thinking, which is beyond the current Board.  Besides the cheapest option is not to employ anyone............

bill taylors apprentice

Having a lack of imaginative thinking at the club is sadly due to er.................

The lack of any imaginative people running the club!

Tonywa

There's been some extraordinarily imaginative thinking on this board though.

Twig

If we don't land Joka after getting so very close, and given that it would appear to have come down to a a failure to agree relatively minor compensation, then that is it for me.  I will return to the UK next year after retiring from my job in Dubai and had planned to get season tickets for myself and my wife.  With this shower in charge and this useless owner; FORGET IT.

Slaphead in Qatar

joks odds have drifted out now. so not looking good.

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2015, 07:54:52 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 27, 2015, 07:31:37 AM
If we don't land Joka after getting so very close, and given that it would appear to have come down to a a failure to agree relatively minor compensation, then that is it for me.  I will return to the UK next year after retiring from my job in Dubai and had planned to get season tickets for myself and my wife.  With this shower in charge and this useless owner; FORGET IT.

The way things are going, by the time you return to England, you will be able to turn up on match day, and pay through the Turnstile, and then select where you wish to sit, at your leisure.

Ahh those were the days. I remember them well. Very civilized.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on December 27, 2015, 08:56:15 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 27, 2015, 07:31:37 AM

The way things are going, by the time you return to England, you will be able to turn up on match day, and pay through the Turnstile, and then select where you wish to sit, at your leisure.

Ahh those were the days. I remember them well. Very civilized.
And you can swap ends at half time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neil D

And don't forget to bring your boots...

Wearethewhites

From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM
From a pretty reliable source, Jokanovic is now likely to stay with Maccabi. Unsure of the real reasons, I'm sure they'll come to light after today's game, but that's the current state of play anyway. If true, which I think is the likely outcome now, I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted in Fulham's professionalism over this. 48 days and counting and to leave every Fulhsm fan hanging like this is not acceptable.

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.

alexmur

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 27, 2015, 12:35:10 PM

When negotiations drag on like this it means there are serious differences - I expect the jok thing to fall through. I fear of who we now end up with.
it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fulham76

Quote from: alexmur on December 27, 2015, 01:12:26 PM

it could just mean we are waiting for them to get a replacement, he could also have changed his mind because of the embargo, it could be that if we wait till the new year we might pay less compensation, there is one thing we do know and that's we don't know what's going on.

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful

Fulham76

We will end up with Gray. He'll be cheap enough & do as he's told by Rigg & Macintosh.
We already have our man.

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 01:18:21 PM

The fact we dont know what is going on is pretty disgraceful from the club. Haven't heard a word from them, not even a one line comment on the website to reassure the fans!
The least they could do is make a little comment & acknowledge the fans frustrations, reassure us that they are doing their best to get someone in place, yet we hear nothing at all.
Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that
Every day is a Fulham day

Friendsoffulham

Fulham agree compensation over new boss

DEC 27, 2015 CHAMPIONSHIP, FEATURED, FULHAM, NEWS

Fulham have agreed compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv over making Slavisa Jokanovic the London club's new boss, according to a report.

It is understood that Fulham have been in talks with Jokanovic about taking over at the club for the past few days.  With around £250,000 compensation now having been agreed with Tel Aviv, the deal looks set to go ahead.

Fulham have been without a manager since they sacked Kit Symons in early November so have taken their time in appointing a new man.  Several names have been linked with the job, such as Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert, but moves for most failed to materialise.

It now looks as if Fulham have finally got their man however, after nearly two months of looking.  Jokanovic has been identified as the man with the ability to take Fulham back up to the Premier League.  This is in part due to his achievement with Watford last season, when he took the club up.

http://the72.co.uk/42825/fulham-agree-compensation-over-new-boss/

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2015, 01:47:46 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 01:18:21 PM

Disgraceful
I have not been expecting them to tell us who they are going for and how the talks are going, maybe that's just me though. I don't remember other clubs doing it wither but perhaps I missed other teams doing that

They aren't going to tell us who they are looking to appoint & im not suggesting they should. But don't you think the fans are entitled to some sort of explanation as to what's happening? I certainly do & so do many more fans.

It is very possible for the club to talk to its fans without giving out specific details. It would have been appreciated if they had acknowledged the delay & reassured the fans that they were trying their hardest to make the right appointment for the club. Instead all we've heard is rumours from the media & 2nd hand information that fans have managed to dig out.

For all we know the board are sitting on their arses enjoying the run up to Christmas & Christmas break. How do we know they are trying? I'm sure they are but I get the impression they're not!

So I don't think you've missed other clubs behaving in a different way when they've been without a manager but what other clubs leave it so long to appoint a new man after dumping the last?