watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Oscar Garcia linked as per sky at 20:08 not sure about this as didn't he have health issues?

Also at 18:28 Curbs doesn't rule himself out
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

Has Danny Murphy been on radio yet flapping his gums about something being rotten at the club? Must be due any minute

Luffy86

Hopefully we get Brendan Rogers... Would be a massive coup for us!!

snarks

If the club go up and coming, I wouldn't mind justin Edinburgh, got Newport back into the football league and now doing well at his current club

westcliff white

Quote from: Luffy86 on November 10, 2015, 09:22:43 PM

Not sure our ground is big enough for his ego

Wimbledon_White

Hopefully we don't

spikey norman

Quote from: westcliff white on November 10, 2015, 08:56:28 PM
Oscar Garcia linked as per sky at 20:08 not sure about this as didn't he have health issues?

Also at 18:28 Curbs doesn't rule himself out

Brightons Argus newspaper also reporting us being linked to Garcia with sources close to him saying that he is under consideration.He prefers title of head coach to manager and has good credentials  having led Brighton to semi final playoffs in 13/14 season.He has already turned down offers this season to manage two Championship clubs as he would need convincing that wherever he goes he would have major say in areas such as player recruitment.

Neil D

Quote from: spikey norman on November 10, 2015, 09:57:05 PM
Brightons Argus newspaper also reporting us being linked to Garcia with sources close to him saying that he is under consideration.He prefers title of head coach to manager and has good credentials  having led Brighton to semi final playoffs in 13/14 season.He has already turned down offers this season to manage two Championship clubs as he would need convincing that wherever he goes he would have major say in areas such as player recruitment.
He won't get that as head coach...

YankeeJim

I'm sure any coach, manager or OPS (official player selector) will negotiate not only wages but duties as well. The title is insignificant. If we could get Moyes, I'd be happy to call him Sir David or Princess Lighthouse (if he does take advantage of that chiffon).
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Snibbo

Quote from: Nero on November 10, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
Bowyer sacked at Blackburn another club looking for a manager

And Lambert 1/5 to get the job there.

Looks like we can cross him off the list.

Samsara

I'd like to see it. He has solid championship experience and plays attractive football. I think he'd fit well with us.

westcliff white

HITC Sport understands former Newcastle manager John Carver has applied for the Fulham job.

Former Newcastle United boss John Carver has thrown his hat into the ring the vacant manager's job at Fulham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

I have two words for that NO THANKS

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on November 11, 2015, 07:42:55 AM
HITC Sport understands former Newcastle manager John Carver has applied for the Fulham job.

Former Newcastle United boss John Carver has thrown his hat into the ring the vacant manager's job at Fulham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

I have two words for that NO THANKS

That's a much nicer two words than I would use
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

On Talksport breakfast show Alan Brazil asked Co host Stuart Pearce about the fulham and Qpr jobs.

Alan said "these are two great clubs, sorry to ask Stuart but would you be interested in these jobs?"

Stuart's response "Yes both great clubs and the fulham one definitely interests me"  :58:  090.gif

Although scary talk it was nice hearing him be so much keener on us. Always nice to be complimented in that way but sorry Stuart, I'm hoping for a stronger candidate

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Ditto Danny, Pearce has a 3-6 month impact and thats it

Chutney

if its John Carver we may as well start recruiting for league 1 now.
C O Y W

Wimbledon_White

Oscar Garcia now being tipped too.

I'd be happy with him. He did well at both Watford and Brighton right? Got them both into the play-offs anyway.

What was his ill-health about?

Burt

He has a heart condition and the medical advice was to avoid putting himself in stressful situations, which is why he quit Watford.

Given everything here is a bed of fluffy cotton-wool and as stress-free as could be, I am sure he would be a great appointment  :HD: :dft011:

Hoppus

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 11, 2015, 08:49:37 AM

I'd be happy with him. He did well at both Watford and Brighton right? Got them both into the play-offs anyway.

He was treated for 'minor chest pains'.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 11, 2015, 08:49:37 AM

Don't think they got to the playoffs under Garcia, but I could be wrong. Wasn't their last playoffs the losing semi v palace under poyet?
I did see Brighton a bit under Garcia and they seemed very organised and good going forward too. I'd be happy with him, though the heart condition is a worry.
Follow me: @mattdjourno