more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 07:47:48 AM
Rigg mentioned experience surely this would not include this gentleman from France?

I got the impression he was contrasting with Mr Symons who did not have first-team experience, nor of promotions.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on November 12, 2015, 07:52:28 AM
Rigg mentioned experience surely this would not include this gentleman from France?

I got the impression he was contrasting with Mr Symons who did not have first-team experience, nor of promotions.
I took it as experience of the leagues we are in.
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 07:56:40 AM

This would severely limit our options to a hand full of unexciting candidates.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on November 12, 2015, 08:11:50 AM

If my understanding is correct (no guarantee there thats for sure), it may be an uninspiring list but it may give us the best chance. Think back to Roy how many on ere said Christ no, he was as some still saying gray and boring, but he kept us up when all looked lost.

I look at making the playoffs in the same light as staying up back then, its hard, maybe improbable but not impossible with the right man, grey and uninspiring it maybe but Roy was the right man, not saying it will happen / work this time though

Holders

I agree. I think we should be open-minded to overseas candidates. Tigana had no experience of English football yet got us promoted with the best football I've seen us play.

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 08:15:58 AM

If my understanding is correct (no guarantee there thats for sure), it may be an uninspiring list but it may give us the best chance. Think back to Roy how many on ere said Christ no, he was as some still saying gray and boring, but he kept us up when all looked lost.

I look at making the playoffs in the same light as staying up back then, its hard, maybe improbable but not impossible with the right man, grey and uninspiring it maybe but Roy was the right man, not saying it will happen / work this time though
Roy was an exciting candidate with a wealth of experience abroad, he had managed inter milan, Grasshopper, Switzerland, viking etc... He was hardly grey and uninspiring. We were punching well above our weight by appointing him and look at the great end result. We need this attitude again, it doesn't matter what league the manager comes from, its a track record of success that matters.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on November 12, 2015, 08:38:08 AM

Roy was an exciting candidate with a wealth of experience abroad, he had managed inter milan, Grasshopper, Switzerland, viking etc... He was hardly grey and uninspiring. We were punching well above our weight by appointing him and look at the great end result. We need this attitude again, it doesn't matter what league the manager comes from, its a track record of success that matters.
Chutney I am not disagreeing with you at all, and while I liked the appointment of Roy he was seen by many on this and other forums as a "Dull" appointment. After his first few games people were very gloomy, but, it all turned out well which is my point. We do not necessarily need and exciting over the top appointment, if the manager coming in is perceived by the majority to be dull but he gets results who cares, all that matters is that he is the right man. The only people I would hate to see her eoff the top of my head are Redknapp, Warnock and Pearson

PokerMatt

Dick Simmons really has me chuckling
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Holders

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 11, 2015, 09:48:56 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 11, 2015, 08:14:33 PM
From TIFF, Serbian media RE Jokanovic talking to Fulham

http://www.mozzartsport.com/vesti/slavisa-jokanovic-se-vraca-u-cempionsip/120368

Nogood "Fulama the Serbish for Fulhamish, isit" Boyo

"..the question is how the English thought to seize Serbian experts when he was contracted to the Israelis".

Is problem.

snarks

I just want someone to be appointed now, be it Curbs, JFH, Jokanovic, Garcia, Lambert or Moyes

I don't give the Club any chance of Moyes or Lambert, but not really that keen on the other names being mentioned. Still whoever it is I will support them (until they're sacked).

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 08:44:13 AM
Quote from: Chutney on November 12, 2015, 08:38:08 AM

Chutney I am not disagreeing with you at all, and while I liked the appointment of Roy he was seen by many on this and other forums as a "Dull" appointment. After his first few games people were very gloomy, but, it all turned out well which is my point. We do not necessarily need and exciting over the top appointment, if the manager coming in is perceived by the majority to be dull but he gets results who cares, all that matters is that he is the right man. The only people I would hate to see her off the top of my head are Redknapp, Warnock and Pearson

Completely agree with you on those names, they don't suit us as a club
C O Y W

bog

As has been said i wonder of we have another Tigana here....

092.gif

epsomraver

Vincenzo Montella  has been seen in town also, doing well for  Fiorentina, and I understand still has Fulham connections

nose

One thought that keeps recurring.
It is easy to spot the wrong candidate... or wrong man when appointed such as  branfoot jol and magath..branfoot and jol in particular were wrong appointments, I said so at the time, and they more than exceeded my expectations of being hopeless.
What is harder is to spot the right man prior to engaging them. unlike other businesses, successis measured by promotion or at least being in contention. If in the prem, staying there and being competitive for most teams other than the elite few.

I do not know this frenchman as such but was aware of the small french team that have risen. could he do the same here? who knows. Is h worth a look and a discussion, absolutely.  Tigs was off our radar until he turned up. macdonald was an unknown and to this day that football was the best i have seen at football with the same squad that was previously failing.

This one and JFH must surely be on the list of people to consider if they are available and willing.

Airfix

He does sound interesting, I grant you.  Anyone know his style?  I'd prefer attractive football over hoofing our way into the Premier League, any day.

I firmly believe that the best managers were not always the best players.  Look at Hodgson (:Haynes The Maestro:), Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho (yeah, I know)... the list of 067.gif journeymen 067.gif footballers who went on to be great managers is long.  Likewise, the list of great players who failed as managers is equally lengthy.

H4usuallysitting

We don't want another French Manager.....you'll remember what happened last time we had one, success.... Nope, not for us

TheManOnTheBus

Track record of success? I know: Felix Magath!  :028:

Airfix

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on November 12, 2015, 11:09:26 AM
Track record of success? I know: Felix Magath!  :028:

Is he French then?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: ..FOF.. on November 12, 2015, 01:39:56 AM
A major coup would be someone who have some experience actually taking a team from Championship to the Premier League.

I really don't understand why posters repeat this mantra. Did Tigana have that experience? There are plenty with that experience who I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Please, let's drop this restriction along with the alternative idea that we need a strong character (I.e. a psycho or egotist).

What we need is the best manager we can get with an approach that suits the club.

os5889 mkII

Would certainly be happy if Jokanovic got the job. He was very impressive at Watford.
@OsmithFFC