News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Apparently moyes is considering taking some time off and waiting untill January
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

I'm coming more receptive to the idea of Curbs, not sure if it will happen, and won't be dissapointed if it doesn't.

Moving away from JFH, and more to Pearson or Lambert

Buffalo76

Pearce or McLeish - please god NOOOOOOOOOOO.


Northern Cottager


fulhamben

It's all very quite at the moment. thought we might have had an inkling as to who it might be by now. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

C O Y W


BobbyTheBrain

If we hire Curbishley the apathy surrounding this club will grow exponentially.
It's not fair to flair.

fulhamben

from barra boy on tiff     
3 interviews lined up (1 has already taken place). Pearson, Lambert and Jokavonivic. Also big announcement coming in next few weeks. COYW! -- Barra Boy
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

Quote from: fulhamben on November 13, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
from barra boy on tiff     
3 interviews lined up (1 has already taken place). Pearson, Lambert and Jokavonivic. Also big announcement coming in next few weeks. COYW! -- Barra Boy

Interesting... He's a reliable type so this may have some substance to it.


Neil D

Let's assume that salary is not an issue and FFC's training facilities at Motspur Park stand up to scrutiny (and they do), why wouldn't a self-respecting 'top' manager with a Premiership pedigree (say, Moyes, for example) want to come to Fulham?  I would see it as a challenge i.e. 'here is a mid-table Championship side and I will turn it into a top eight Premiership team in three years or whatever.  That's how good I am.'  Instead, these so-called 'top' managers only want to manage teams which are already successful (established, secure Premiership).  Why are they afraid of a challenge to test their mettle?  To show what they can achieve? Sod 'em.

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on November 13, 2015, 12:37:30 PM
Let's assume that salary is not an issue and FFC's training facilities at Motspur Park stand up to scrutiny (and they do), why wouldn't a self-respecting 'top' manager with a Premiership pedigree (say, Moyes, for example) want to come to Fulham?  I would see it as a challenge i.e. 'here is a mid-table Championship side and I will turn it into a top eight Premiership team in three years or whatever.  That's how good I am.'  Instead, these so-called 'top' managers only want to manage teams which are already successful (established, secure Premiership).  Why are they afraid of a challenge to test their mettle?  To show what they can achieve? Sod 'em.
moyes has flopped big time in his last two mangerial jobs, he didnt last a season with either, so id imagine he will pick his next job very carefully as a third strike and it could be his last. we have seen time and time again that even the most expensive squads assembled in the championship doesnt guarantee promotion and would be a huge gamble for him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

EJL

This is Tony Gale's reasoning for suggesting Curbishley gets the job: "This is the type of guy you need. He has been out of the game a while, in terms of being a manager, but he knows people." Outstanding, Tony. He knows people. Let's write up the contract now, eh?



fulhamfan

Nigel Pearson favourite at the moment according to betting sites

Burt

Quote from: EJL on November 13, 2015, 02:06:24 PM
This is Tony Gale's reasoning for suggesting Curbishley gets the job: "This is the type of guy you need. He has been out of the game a while, in terms of being a manager, but he knows people." Outstanding, Tony. He knows people. Let's write up the contract now, eh?



I know people too. Can I throw my hat in the ring?

brightster

Just had an interesting conversation with a colleague at work, he is a Nottingham Forrest supporter and has a good friend of Steve Blatherwick (old school mate and played senior footie together) who is now a scout for the lower league teams, and he reckons that JFH has a big future in the game and is awaiting the right club in the Championship to progress his carrear, he is liked by the players, the board at the clubs he's been at and is not a big head.
Reading posts about everyone that is being touted around, I think he sounds about right for us, certainly wouldn't want Paerson.

I know I will get loads of stick about the "the source" but thought I would share it anyway.
My colleague is meeting up with Steve over the weekend and has promised to ask him about JFL.
Might be nothing but hey ho!


EJL

Quote from: Burt on November 13, 2015, 02:40:38 PM
Quote from: EJL on November 13, 2015, 02:06:24 PM
This is Tony Gale's reasoning for suggesting Curbishley gets the job: "This is the type of guy you need. He has been out of the game a while, in terms of being a manager, but he knows people." Outstanding, Tony. He knows people. Let's write up the contract now, eh?



I know people too. Can I throw my hat in the ring?
If only the league table was based on how many people we all know.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: brightster on November 13, 2015, 02:43:00 PM
Just had an interesting conversation with a colleague at work, he is a Nottingham Forrest supporter and has a good friend of Steve Blatherwick (old school mate and played senior footie together) who is now a scout for the lower league teams, and he reckons that JFH has a big future in the game and is awaiting the right club in the Championship to progress his carrear, he is liked by the players, the board at the clubs he's been at and is not a big head.
Reading posts about everyone that is being touted around, I think he sounds about right for us, certainly wouldn't want Paerson.

I know I will get loads of stick about the "the source" but thought I would share it anyway.
My colleague is meeting up with Steve over the weekend and has promised to ask him about JFL.
Might be nothing but hey ho!


Never hurts to share something heard from friends of friends of friends of friends.  It's no less reliable than anything else posted here.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Burt

Looking at the latest on skybet:
JFH 7/4
Pearson 2/1
Curbs 7/1
Redknapp and Jokanovic both on 10/1
Moyes 14/1
Lambert 16/1
Warburton and Garcia both on 20/1
Rowett and Rodgers both on 22/1
Bruce, diMatteo, Laudrup, McLeish, Carver, McCarthy, Murphy and Rosler all at 25/1

A whole bundle of people on 33/1, including a certain Shefki Kuqi!!


Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Burt on November 13, 2015, 04:42:26 PM
Looking at the latest on skybet:
JFH 7/4
Pearson 2/1
Curbs 7/1
Redknapp and Jokanovic both on 10/1
Moyes 14/1
Lambert 16/1
Warburton and Garcia both on 20/1
Rowett and Rodgers both on 22/1
Bruce, diMatteo, Laudrup, McLeish, Carver, McCarthy, Murphy and Rosler all at 25/1

A whole bundle of people on 33/1, including a certain Shefki Kuqi!!

Rowett at 22/1 is worth a look. Glad to see Rosler has slipped out of the betting.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

love4ffc

Quote from: Burt on November 13, 2015, 02:40:38 PM
Quote from: EJL on November 13, 2015, 02:06:24 PM
This is Tony Gale's reasoning for suggesting Curbishley gets the job: "This is the type of guy you need. He has been out of the game a while, in terms of being a manager, but he knows people." Outstanding, Tony. He knows people. Let's write up the contract now, eh?



I know people too. Can I throw my hat in the ring?

If you get the job then Jarv and I will be your assistants.  This will vastly improve the amount if people we know.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?