News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 14, 2015, 12:19:57 PM
I'm still hoping for vincello
And he would be...?
He would be an auto corrected first name of montella
In that case, sorry to disappoint you but he is now the manager of Sampdoria (as of yesterday).
then Epsomraver owes me some biblical **** of epic proportions
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

H4usuallysitting

Couldn't see anything on Blackburn's site to confirm this

mike_corkcity12

Rigg's lack of decisiveness in the summer has cost us big time.


fulhamfan

I like warnock. Perfect for us at this level and track record of getting promotions from this league. Yeh he can be abrasive but who cares?!

Neil D

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 01:34:57 PM
Couldn't see anything on Blackburn's site to confirm this
Blackburn's fans, like those of every other club, are, at best, an inconvenience to be tolerated and will be the last to know.

westcliff white

Officially Montella isn't Sampdoria manager as yet, no news on their website at all
Every day is a Fulham day


Burt

Not official yet... Indeed most recent reports say he is mulling over this job, as well as us and QPR.

St Eve

No worse than Arry, Curbs, Sherwood. Just paper talk



JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: epsomraver on November 14, 2015, 11:59:34 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on November 14, 2015, 11:50:41 AM
Really? He's not a bad manager. Treated badly by qpr. I want Pearson (at least today) not warnock, but please.....


Warnock was heard to tell a player by the dugout at Fulham to go out and break a players leg, do we really want someone like him? Walked out of Palace as soon as £ notes rustled? not for me that would be the end if Colin was appointed, hope this is just lazy journo.
:plus one:
Nasty piece of work, you won't see me at the the Cottage if he gets the job!

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on November 14, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
where is it reported he has taken the job? last I heard he was in London talking to QPR
http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=421769

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HV71

There are things about Warnock that really would mean it could be the biggest mistake we have ever made and in that , believe it or not , I include Magath. This would truly be a disaster. What you see or get on the pitch is not what I am talking about


westcliff white

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on November 14, 2015, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 14, 2015, 11:59:34 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on November 14, 2015, 11:50:41 AM
Really? He's not a bad manager. Treated badly by qpr. I want Pearson (at least today) not warnock, but please.....


Warnock was heard to tell a player by the dugout at Fulham to go out and break a players leg, do we really want someone like him? Walked out of Palace as soon as £ notes rustled? not for me that would be the end if Colin was appointed, hope this is just lazy journo.
:plus one:
Nasty piece of work, you won't see me at the the Cottage if he gets the job!
That's how I feel about Pearson too, hence my comment I would prefer Warnock to Pearson
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on November 14, 2015, 02:26:45 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 14, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
where is it reported he has taken the job? last I heard he was in London talking to QPR
http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=421769

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Doesn't say he has accepted says set too, however yesterday Lambert was in London talking to QPR and reports say he is also set for talks with us
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 02:08:41 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 14, 2015, 02:01:02 PM
Officially Montella isn't Sampdoria manager as yet, no news on their website at all
Gazzetta dello Sport seems certain:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Sampdoria/14-11-2015/montella-ritorno-genova-citta-conquistata-coi-gol-caccia-gioco-130920967342.shtml
They have been saying this since he lift Fiorentina, I expect it to happen but it hasn't yet. I am not sure why but he has been sacked form Fiorentina but they still retain his contract so compensation needs ot be paid to them it seems, it is meant to be around 5 million euros
Every day is a Fulham day


snarks

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 14, 2015, 01:36:06 PM
Rigg's lack of decisiveness in the summer has cost us big time.

Please tell me why? Is he the new management scapegoat? How do you know this? I can only presume that you were in the offices all over the summer and shadowing Rigg as he mulled over the decions to buy or not to buy players and what other steps to make, and failed to do anything at all.

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on November 14, 2015, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 02:08:41 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 14, 2015, 02:01:02 PM
Officially Montella isn't Sampdoria manager as yet, no news on their website at all
Gazzetta dello Sport seems certain:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Sampdoria/14-11-2015/montella-ritorno-genova-citta-conquistata-coi-gol-caccia-gioco-130920967342.shtml
They have been saying this since he lift Fiorentina, I expect it to happen but it hasn't yet. I am not sure why but he has been sacked form Fiorentina but they still retain his contract so compensation needs ot be paid to them it seems, it is meant to be around 5 million euros
SKy reporting they are set to agree a 2 million euro payment to Fiorentina
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

I have a friend (yes I do) and he is a ref at quite a high standard and Warnock is widely regarded as being the vilest on the line. Anyway he pencils in his eyebrows.

092.gif

Thank you and good night   


Loz

#658
Don't understand how 'winning in the right way' is particularly relevant here. Pearson's Leicester were generally open, attacking and ambitious for a team in the lower reaches of the Prem. I don't think there's much evidence to accuse Pearson's teams of dirty play either.

The issue is that Pearson occasionally comes across as a bit of a hot-head, but he's not what I'd call a nasty piece of work because he's always apologised for stupid things he's done and hopefully they won't happen again.

Given that our current team have so much potential but so rarely show it, I think being yelled at by someone who's a bit of a nut job but knows his onions about football could do them some good.
@LawrenceQuilty

ToodlesMcToot

If we are going to spend absurd amounts of money on a manager, and let's face the likelihood that Moyes' wages will be absurd for us, then why not go after the better Everton manager - Martinez. He's just as realistic IMHO. <---- a bit of hyperbole there but,....

I just don't believe that Moyes will stoop to managing a Championship club and we'd have to overpay for any return he'd bring if we were able to bring him in. Too much cost for not enough certainty that we'd reach the PL.

I don't know enough about all the competitors for the job to say who'd be best for our club but, I still don't think Moyes would be my choice.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude