https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: Asotosyios on November 17, 2015, 10:48:11 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 17, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
When Kit was sacked i really thought that yesterday would be the day the new man would be  announced as i was convinced someone was lined up , the longer this goes on the more convinced i am that Rigg has #ucked up again and if no new man by Saturday then my fears will be confirmed.

I wouldn't say that Rigg has ###### up, but I agree with you that I expected us to have announced a new manager by now.
As long as they  are in place by Friday they will have a decent amount of time to get settled in and start making changes
C O Y W

SG

They delay might indicate that the wanted man is employed somewhere else and we are having to negotiate settlements which takes more time. Certainly if we had wanted one of the unemployed names that have been mentioned there seems no reason why they couldn't have been secured by now. Would seem to rule most if not all of them out in that case.

Asotosyios

Quote from: SG on November 17, 2015, 11:18:49 AM
They delay might indicate that the wanted man is employed somewhere else and we are having to negotiate settlements which takes more time. Certainly if we had wanted one of the unemployed names that have been mentioned there seems no reason why they couldn't have been secured by now. Would seem to rule most if not all of them out in that case.

That's what I think as well, but again you would think that the X club would have said: Fulham has asked for permission to open talks with our manager etc, etc. It just sounds odd that they have been negotiating for the last 7-10 days.

Chutney

Quote from: Asotosyios on November 17, 2015, 11:23:35 AM

That's what I think as well, but again you would think that the X club would have said: Fulham has asked for permission to open talks with our manager etc, etc. It just sounds odd that they have been negotiating for the last 7-10 days.

It could be the case that a decision has been made and we have got our man but they are finalising compensation details with his previous club, and until that is done they cannot make any announcements. But, until its announced this is all guess work. It would be nice for the club to keep us informed but they have been awful at this in recent years...
C O Y W

grandad

More likely that they have interviewed the candidates & decided that they are all useless. Why rush into taking on one of the names linked if the Club don´t think they can do the job for us.No point hiring someone only to have to do it again in January.
I want the Club to get the right person , not the one the bookies have made favourite.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Rhys Lightning 63

If we don't have a new manager by Saturday, the club officially gets branded as a joke. TWO WEEKS to make a decision and they couldn't do it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on November 17, 2015, 12:23:19 PM
More likely that they have interviewed the candidates & decided that they are all useless. Why rush into taking on one of the names linked if the Club don´t think they can do the job for us.No point hiring someone only to have to do it again in January.
I want the Club to get the right person , not the one the bookies have made favourite.
we don't have that luxury as we failed to sack Kit in the summer. We are currently sitting nearer the bottom 3 than the top 3 so time isn't on our side
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jimmy Hill

Steve Clarke has just come in at 6-1

Wasnt being offered until today

Chutney

If they have interviewed their original candidates and decided that they aren't good enough then they are obviously doing it properly this time. Its not as simple as just putting someone in quickly, this is a massive decision and I'm happy for them to take the time needed to get it right.
C O Y W

Rhys Lightning 63

Hasselbaink told BBC Radio Derby: "It is other people putting me with those jobs and linking me.

"I can only concentrate on Burton and make sure I do things the right way. My belief, my concentration is on Burton and that is the only thing I can do."
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Chesh

Quote from: Chutney on November 17, 2015, 12:40:56 PM
If they have interviewed their original candidates and decided that they aren't good enough then they are obviously doing it properly this time. Its not as simple as just putting someone in quickly, this is a massive decision and I'm happy for them to take the time needed to get it right.

:plus one:

Couldn't care less if the new head coach is in place today, tomorrow or 2 weeks hence - either way it's not poing to make a material difference to the season.

My main hope is that they take time getting the right man.

I also think it was right to sack Kit immediately after the Brum game with no one in place, as otherwise we would be wasting even more time, and that would have a material effect on the season.

For whatever the reason it is taking time, but to keep assuming it is because Rigg is incompetent is a bit presumptious.

I'd judge him after the appointment, and repeat, it is not the end of the world if that isn't before Saturday.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Carborundum

Quote from: Chutney on November 17, 2015, 12:40:56 PM
Can't escape a nasty feeling that it's actually the other way around.  That one or two very good candidates have weighed up what's being offered and decided it's not good enough for them.  Specifically that by nailing to the mast the stipulation that we will have a head coach, not a manager, Mr Rigg has caused a problem.  He seems to want what lots of people in corporate life seek, which is power and influence that far outstrips his personal responsibility.  Bring on the next fall guy/ lightening rod.  Trouble is,  a mismatch between power and responsibility usually ends up in a mess.  The best candidates will have seen this all before and be very wary.  Mr Khan will have seen it all before too.  He will be wondering whether Mr Rigg is part of the problem or part of the solution.  It's all very well talking about planning for the divorce with Mr Symons, but if no appointment is made in the following 10 days, whose plans were deficient?  It's all very well talking of the top six this season, but for that to be credible we have to be serious about winning our next match.

Mr Rigg is a polished talker.  Mr Khan is too, but he also holds the real power and he is a man of action too.  He's the one holding the cards here.  Don't be surprised if the out turn is that he reaches out to our next manager and there may very well be a corporate jet being put to service right now.   In his shoes I'd be speaking with Scott Parker and offering him the job.  We have clear practical deficiencies that need to be solved with the current squad.  SP knows them, has obvious leadership qualities and conducts himself in public with dignity.  Off-the-wall?  Well Gary Monk landed himself a premier league manager's job.  He knew the players and what needed to be done. So does SP.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 17, 2015, 12:35:05 PM
If we don't have a new manager by Saturday, the club officially gets branded as a joke. TWO WEEKS to make a decision and they couldn't do it

Why? Rigg clearly said that if the new man isn't in place by MK Dons, then not a problem, we've got the resources at the Club to continue.

AnEssexFan

"In his shoes I'd be speaking with Scott Parker and offering him the job.  We have clear practical deficiencies that need to be solved with the current squad.  SP knows them, has obvious leadership qualities and conducts himself in public with dignity.  Off-the-wall?  Well Gary Monk landed himself a premier league manager's job.  He knew the players and what needed to be done. So does SP."

I would be happy with Scott Parker :-)
@leightonrw07

Chutney

Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 17, 2015, 02:00:52 PM
"In his shoes I'd be speaking with Scott Parker and offering him the job.  We have clear practical deficiencies that need to be solved with the current squad.  SP knows them, has obvious leadership qualities and conducts himself in public with dignity.  Off-the-wall?  Well Gary Monk landed himself a premier league manager's job.  He knew the players and what needed to be done. So does SP."

I would be happy with Scott Parker :-)

He gives an excellent team talk....
C O Y W

Nero

Its must be Houghton we are after, as this is lasting longer then the Lewis Dunk transfer rumour Brighton most be holding out on us, I hear its because we want to pay the compensation by visa and they will only take an Amex

Chutney

Quote from: Nero on November 17, 2015, 02:11:51 PM
Its must be Houghton we are after, as this is lasting longer then the Lewis Dunk transfer rumour Brighton most be holding out on us, I hear its because we want to pay the compensation by visa and they will only take an Amex

Bob Houghton would catch a lot of us off guard. Most recently managing India in 2011....
C O Y W

Ordar

Steve Clarke second fav now. Would be a good appointment. His defensive coaching ability was highly rated at both Chelsea and Liverpool

Loz

There's long been a rumour floating about Leicester fans that Pearson was never properly sacked but is actually on some sort of gardening leave. God knows how or why these things could work like that, but maybe that's the contract Rigg's trying to wrangle out of.
@LawrenceQuilty

Lighthouse

Exeter have said there has been no approach for their manager. Which comes as no shock at all. Despite what the Sun said.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope