more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

Quote from: Mac_21 on November 20, 2015, 04:13:17 PM
Just got a text from a mate who's a QPR fan saying Neil Warnock isn't attending their game vs Boro tonight as he's at MP having an interview. Really not a fan, far worse than Pearson. Horrible little man, really hope it's not true.
that sounds like a wind up to me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Quote from: alexmur on November 20, 2015, 04:53:21 PM
Just got a text from a mate who's a QPR fan saying Neil Warnock isn't attending their game vs Boro tonight as he's at MP having an interview. Really not a fan, far worse than Pearson. Horrible little man, really hope it's not true.

Officially it's for 'personal reasons'.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexmur

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 20, 2015, 04:57:41 PM

I hope it's not true I really can't stand him

spikey norman

Steve Holland  now second favourite with the bookies to be new boss of Fulham.
Anybody know anything about him?

Lighthouse

Quote from: spikey norman on November 20, 2015, 06:45:35 PM

The only one I know is assistant coach at Chelscum. Couldn't be him could it?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

I wager that Clarke gets the elbow the minute we hire a new Head Coach / Manager
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on November 20, 2015, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 20, 2015, 04:57:41 PM

I hope it's not true I really can't stand him

Warnock said yesterday that he is not interested in day to day management role anymore, but would prefer him to Pearson. But truth be told I hate both of those plus Harry
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

100% bonus's seriously they are having a laugh. these people are so over paid

Arthur

Quote from: Baszab on November 20, 2015, 11:36:47 AM
...what was the sense in firing KS with no one lined up ?

I apologise in advance if I've got the wrong person, but didn't you describe the Club's treatment of Kit as 'disgusting'?

Wouldn't that 'disgusting' treatment have been even more so had the Club gone behind his back, lining up its next manager while pretending to his face that he still had a chance?

Whatever you feel about the timing of his sacking, at least the Club acted decently in that it was not two-faced. Had we won 5-2 against Brum, clearly Kit's role as Fulham manager (however tenuous) would have carried through to tomorrow.

Indeed, had our new manager been announced within hours of Kit's dismissal, you would doubtless have added 'dishonesty' to your list of 'disgusting' behaviours on the part of the Club.

As it is, are you not being hypocritical?

hovewhite

What's done is done,in the past.still lookin forward to Mk dons tomorrow and a victory

Wearethewhites

Pearson was wanted 1st by Fulham along with his 2 assistants, but talks broke down when it was found out to expensive to get them both away from Liecester. By all accounts, both assistants are on performance related salaries, and stand to double their wages with Liecester currently sitting 3rd in the Premiership.

MJG

So next question would be do they want to move anyway?

spikey norman

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 20, 2015, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on November 20, 2015, 06:45:35 PM

The only one I know is assistant coach at Chelscum. Couldn't be him could it?

Scraping bottom of the barrel then?

FPT

The Steve Holland link is interesting for I've only seen his name linked once, within a sentence on the Daily Mail I believe, "Fulham have also considered Chelsea assistant manager Steve Holland and Maccabi Tel Aviv Slavisa Jokanovic."

The Steve Holland link interests me, he's certainly a coach, and he currently dual-works as the Assistant First Team Coach at Chelsea as well as being the Assistant Manager of England's U21 group. However, Steve Holland's career started and grew at Crewe Alexander, rising through the coaching ranks to the role of Academy Director and he was taken under the wing of legend Dario Gradi, and Crewe actually prepped Holland to be the successor in charge of the football - as he jointly worked as the Academy Director and in position as First Team Coach under Gradi as Gradi was prepping for a role as technical director.

He coached Chelsea at Reserve level from 2009 to 2011 when he was then promoted to Assistant First Team coach by Andre Villas-Boas and has been in that role ever since - through Di Matteo and Benitez, then Jose's return. He's won everything since being promoted in those four years; his first team coaching honours nicely reads: FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, League Cup, Premier League.

There's not much info into his coaching qualities, style and philosophy, I feel it important to note he was part of the England U21 set up that failed miserably at the past summers' recent U21 European Championships, finishing bottom of the group despite having Butland, Chambers, Stones, Ward-Prowse, Kane, Berahino, Redmond, Ings and more very good players (didn't mention Hughes, Chalobah, Keane, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek). 

Rhys Lightning 63

Said before, I'll say again. The club is turning into a joke
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

BobbyTheBrain

It's not fair to flair.

alexmur

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on November 20, 2015, 09:49:34 PM
Jokes when Avram Grant turns up.
if you say his name 3 times in the mirror he will turn up

One James stannard

Load of money going down on him to be our next boss at the bookies :022:

westcliff white

Doesn't make sense if we want someone with championship experience as per Riggs interview