https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not really worth a bet on Shefti Kuqi at 401/1
Not even worth it if he was 10,000/1

Where on earth did he spring from in the betting, bookies don't make jokes, do they ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

laurencecapel

I thought Pearson was completely out of the running? We've shot ourselves in the foot wanting a head coach - basically saying you'll only do the team, Rigg will buy the players.

Fulham Tup North

Pearson still odds-on with Sky Bet ???
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Wearethewhites

Quote from: laurencecapel on November 21, 2015, 01:31:23 PM
I thought Pearson was completely out of the running? We've shot ourselves in the foot wanting a head coach - basically saying you'll only do the team, Rigg will buy the players.

Pearson didn't turn us down, Fulham wanted him, plus his 2 back room staff who are still at Liecester. By all accounts, they are on a performance related salary, and stand the chance to double their wages. They've named their price, Fulham said it was to expensive. 

ToodlesMcToot

Wonder how much one would have to bet on themselves to get "in the running" as far as the bookies are concerned. Certainly they'd take your money and then they'd have to give odds at that point.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

grandad

The club wanting to hire a Head Coach is making the task of finding one impossible. Everyone interviewed is a Manager & none were likely to want theit CV´s to show that their positions devalued.

Rigg needs to hold his hands up & confess that it was a poor decision & say that they are now in the hunt for an out & out Manager.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gang

Quote from: Neil D on November 21, 2015, 11:17:40 AM
Quote from: gang on November 21, 2015, 11:10:03 AM
I'm German if that helps my application, I understand there was one before me but he was mad; oh no, so am I.
Is 'gang' short for Wolfgang?
Korrekt.

Lighthouse

On BBC during the afternoon final score they were saying that Fulham have a criteria and are interviewing several people. Nobody dragged Clarke kicking and screaming to the interview and Fulham went through all the right procedures but Clarke decided to stay at Reading.

Stuart Piece has come out and said he has had an interview and would like the job.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Domino1879

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 21, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
On BBC during the afternoon final score they were saying that Fulham have a criteria and are interviewing several people. Nobody dragged Clarke kicking and screaming to the interview and Fulham went through all the right procedures but Clarke decided to stay at Reading.

Stuart Piece has come out and said he has had an interview and would like the job.

Please no.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: grandad on November 21, 2015, 02:00:09 PM
The club wanting to hire a Head Coach is making the task of finding one impossible. Everyone interviewed is a Manager & none were likely to want theit CV´s to show that their positions devalued.

Rigg needs to hold his hands up & confess that it was a poor decision & say that they are now in the hunt for an out & out Manager.

I don't subscribe to that theory, Grandad.  Rigg has been honest and upfront.  As a senior manager there can be little worse than being sold a bill of goods before being hired that you're coming in as a manager and then, once you start working find you're something else.  And I agree with the club's position that the old days of the manager who manages everything from choice of tea bags to player transfers to ROI to defending at corners are gone - all gone.
We need a Head Coach.  We'll get a Head Coach.  Let's just hope it's a goodun.
Nogood "a good choice, isit" Boyo

Domino1879

Unsurprisingly Pearson wants his cohorts from Leicester.  That's not going to happen given Leicestershire success.
If we do get Pearson he will need to overhaul our so called coaching staff as well.

Mr Rigg needs to phone Moyes and get him with McKinley. End of.

SG

Quote from: Domino1879 on November 21, 2015, 05:25:36 PM
Unsurprisingly Pearson wants his cohorts from Leicester.  That's not going to happen given Leicestershire success.
If we do get Pearson he will need to overhaul our so called coaching staff as well.

Mr Rigg needs to phone Moyes and get him with McKinley. End of.

But if that is the case about his assistants he won't get another job this season as his assistants aren't going anywhere for the time being with Leicester top of the table at the time of writing

Neil D

Is Pearson's 'loyalty' to his former coaches honourable or just stupid?  They're in work, he isn't.  They clearly didn't think it worth falling on their swords when Pearson got the push. He needs to think about putting a new coaching team together.

Nero

Quote from: Neil D on November 21, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
Unsurprisingly Pearson wants his cohorts from Leicester.  That's not going to happen given Leicestershire success.

Is Pearson's 'loyalty' to his former coaches honourable or just stupid?  They're in work, he isn't.  They clearly didn't think it worth falling on their swords when Pearson got the push. He needs to think about putting a new coaching team together.

Dont think its to do with loyalty its to do with they know how he works and what is required of them and how he works with them. If he brings in new people the dynamic may not be the same and if he fails here how much will his stock devalued. Buy them out of there contracts and give the bonus they would get they wont be on that much it will be less then 1.25m go get Clarke from Reading I'm sure.

That or make a move for Sean Dyche

westcliff white

I would have thought all of their contracts plus the compo to the foxes would be in excess of thr 1.25 million personally.
Every day is a Fulham day

Julius Geezer

Pearson 8/11. Steve Holland into 2nd favourite at 4/1.

Neil D

C5 football review programme tonight quoted the Football League paper saying that JFH is definitely on his way to QPR.  That will upset the fairly sizable support he has on this forum but not me especially. 

Loz

Quote from: westcliff white on November 21, 2015, 08:17:14 PM
I would have thought all of their contracts plus the compo to the foxes would be in excess of thr 1.25 million personally.

Just pay the compo, I say. We know Khan's good for it, and those guys got Leicester to the top of the Prem, they must be doing something right! Could prove value for money.

@LawrenceQuilty

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Loz on November 22, 2015, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 21, 2015, 08:17:14 PM

Just pay the compo, I say. We know Khan's good for it, and those guys got Leicester to the top of the Prem, they must be doing something right! Could prove value for money.

Not as simple as that. Both the coaches in question are on a performance related salary. As it stands, they both stand to double their wages, so why would they want to leave? Based on that, not only would you have to pay Leicester compensation, you'd also have to match both their wagers, or even even bet it. Wages like that in the Championship would just be ridiculous.

KP_FFC

do you honestly believe they would leave Leicester for fulham? no point wasting time, we need to look elsewhere and quick