HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 22, 2015, 01:07:05 AM
Quote from: Loz on November 22, 2015, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 21, 2015, 08:17:14 PM
I would have thought all of their contracts plus the compo to the foxes would be in excess of thr 1.25 million personally.

Just pay the compo, I say. We know Khan's good for it, and those guys got Leicester to the top of the Prem, they must be doing something right! Could prove value for money.

Not as simple as that. Both the coaches in question are on a performance related salary. As it stands, they both stand to double their wages, so why would they want to leave? Based on that, not only would you have to pay Leicester compensation, you'd also have to match both their wagers, or even even bet it. Wages like that in the Championship would just be ridiculous.
Plus there is FFP to consider
Every day is a Fulham day

f321ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on November 22, 2015, 05:08:39 AM
Has anybody mooted Cheri Lunghi?
Surely meant for the desert island thread. 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MJG

I would have thought all of their contracts plus the compo to the foxes would be in excess of thr 1.25 million personally.

Just pay the compo, I say. We know Khan's good for it, and those guys got Leicester to the top of the Prem, they must be doing something right! Could prove value for money.

Not as simple as that. Both the coaches in question are on a performance related salary. As it stands, they both stand to double their wages, so why would they want to leave? Based on that, not only would you have to pay Leicester compensation, you'd also have to match both their wagers, or even even bet it. Wages like that in the Championship would just be ridiculous.
Thank you,  everyone seems to have missed the point that we actually be paying double what they may earn at Leicester plus also they would want an above average wage for term of contract also.

@jolslover

Just seen Brentford close to appointing Monks assistant at Swansea, Josep Clotet. Now that is an appointment I would be happy with, He will instil a good style of football with Brentford. I feel like all the names we have been linked with have been English/Scottish and we are getting too hung up on champ experience and due to that we are not thinking outside the box
STH H3

glenhodgso

Quote from: @jolslover on November 22, 2015, 12:21:44 PM
Just seen Brentford close to appointing Monks assistant at Swansea, Josep Clotet. Now that is an appointment I would be happy with, He will instil a good style of football with Brentford. I feel like all the names we have been linked with have been English/Scottish and we are getting too hung up on champ experience and due to that we are not thinking outside the box

with our current defence we're not thinking much inside the box neither...

Neil D

Does this have any sexual connotations of which I am unaware? 

SG

Quote from: f321ffc on November 22, 2015, 08:56:59 AM

Surely meant for the desert island thread. 064.gif

I've never heard it called mooted before

snarks

Quote from: Neil D on November 22, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

No it relates to an old itv series called the manageress. Where the aforementioned Ms Lunghi was appointed to manage a team.

NogoodBoyo

Great thread this.
Nogood "if you want to destroy my sweater, pull the thread and I'll walk away, isit" Boyo

St. Andrews White

Can someone make a note of how many views this thread  got as soon as we appoint a new manager -
Want to see if this is some sort of record...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Neil D

Quote from: snarks on November 22, 2015, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 22, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

No it relates to an old itv series called the manageress. Where the aforementioned Ms Lunghi was appointed to manage a team.
I did remember that.  I just thought 'mooting' was such a good word that it could become for this forum what 'Ugandan relations' is for Private Eye...So, henceforth, anyone who posits the verb 'to moot' should be aware.  However, if someone wishes to 'moot' Nigel Pearson, it would be best if the meaning conveyed is the original, dictionary-based one.  Nigel may be displeased and you wouldn't like that.

Putney Swope

Steve MacLaren will be out at  Newcastle shortly; would you like to  see him as our Head Coach?

alexmur

Quote from: Putney Swope on November 22, 2015, 03:41:15 PM
Steve MacLaren will be out at  Newcastle shortly; would you like to  see him as our Head Coach?
no

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

f321ffc

[/quote]
Quote from: Putney Swope on November 22, 2015, 03:41:15 PM
Steve MacLaren will be out at  Newcastle shortly; would you like to  see him as our Head Coach?
So are you MOOTING him as our new head coach ?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

It's a moot point but shouldn't we all do a little mooting from time to time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

I'd take Steve McClaren for sure. He's one of the best coaches in the country.

f321ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 22, 2015, 03:59:13 PM
It's a moot point but shouldn't we all do a little mooting from time to time.
You cant  beat a good moot at this time of day.  090.gif 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nero

is this moot fella going to be our new dutch manager

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2015, 10:05:13 AM

Thank you,  everyone seems to have missed the point that we actually be paying double what they may earn at Leicester plus also they would want an above average wage for term of contract also.

One would also expect that we'd have to pay Pearson over the odds just because his assistants would be on such high wages.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude