more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: snarks on November 23, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
My own view, for what it's worth, and given that the search is likely to be more protracted than originally envisiged is that it's given to curbs until the Club get who they want. I do think beyond a week you cannot carry on with no-one in interim charge.

There has to be someone, the players need one person to look to, the fans need someone to abuse.

Got to be something wrong with the club's relationship with Curbs. How else is he passed over for interim manager? My guess is that, once he voiced his "admiration" for the job, the club had to put him in his place. If they saw any long term future with him and he was sincere in his interest in the job, he would have been given the interim job to have a go to see if he could string some results together. As it stands, he won't be given that chance, probably so that there is no chance of that happening and the club is forced to sign him. All my own little theory but,...
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Intersting on Saturday that he (Curbs) was sat in the dugout (bench) in a suit, whilst grant was in a tracksuit on the touchline.

Intesting in the sense that a) he was there, b) he was in a suit (so not really interesting then)

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Nero

Quote from: Burt on November 23, 2015, 12:32:06 PM
Q. Why would the coaches of Leicester City want to trade top of the table Premier League and a possible European position by the end of the season for a mid-table Championship club?

A. They wouldn't.

Time to move on.

Becuase football is a funny game, Vardy gets injured Leicester lose the next 10 games, Ranieri is sacked new man comes on board wants to bring in his own staff. They get sacked.  There is no loyalty in football.

grandad

While we wait for a new man to take over as Head Coach / Manager I have a little advice for Grant.
Never ever play the diamond & never ever play Kavanagh as left midfield/ winger.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Quote from: grandad on November 23, 2015, 07:19:40 PM
While we wait for a new man to take over as Head Coach / Manager I have a little advice for Grant.
Never ever play the diamond & never ever play Kavanagh as left midfield/ winger.
better still don't play him!

mikestrand

Pearson is still by far the best choice, with or without the Leicester coaches , any of the others would be a shot in the dark.

MJG

Why is he best choice when really all you are getting is 1/3rd of his management team? He might be like Samson without his hair.

mikestrand

Quote from: MJG on November 23, 2015, 09:37:10 PM
Why is he best choice when really all you are getting is 1/3rd of his management team? He might be like Samson without his hair.
He put the coaching team together , picked the team and sorted out the tactics
why the attempt to discredit him?.

RaySmith

Might be like Cloughie without Peter Taylor, or Mark Hughes, and many managers, who rely on a tied and trusted team.

There's a reason why they always want these people with them.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Do we really know which responsibilities each member of his staff held?

There's also a reason that he demands that he has both those coaches in his team. And the most likely reason is that he believes he'll perform better with them than without them.

Are you willing to pay what he'll require knowing that he'll not be able to give you his best?

If we are getting the whole package with him and the decision is to pay over the odds to get them all, then so be it. I'll support that. Seems too risky otherwise.

MJG

Not trying to discredit him at all... For that just watch any number of press conferences from last season... But point still stands,  he has the two guys with him wherever he has been. He trusts them,  he knows them and they know him.  Your not getting the full package that got Leicester promoted or kept them up. And isn't that the reason he's wanted?

mikestrand

Quote from: MJG on November 23, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
Not trying to discredit him at all... For that just watch any number of press conferences from last season... But point still stands,  he has the two guys with him wherever he has been. He trusts them,  he knows them and they know him.  Your not getting the full package that got Leicester promoted or kept them up. And isn't that the reason he's wanted?
You might not get the old package, but you get a guy who's capable of putting a winning package together.

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 23, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

There's also a reason that he demands that he has both those coaches in his team. And the most likely reason is that he believes he'll perform better with them than without them.

Are you willing to pay what he'll require knowing that he'll not be able to give you his best?

If we are getting the whole package with him and the decision is to pay over the odds to get them all, then so be it. I'll support that. Seems too risky otherwise.
Hopefully demands that he wants both those coaches in his team are speculation, because we cant compete with premiership wages.
At the end of the he's the only boss in the frame who can say he's actually won the championship and as such is the less risky.

fulhamben

Is anyone else bored with this new manager crap. Not this thread but just in a whole. Was excited at the thought of a new manager but now I care more about if I like lady c or not and whether or not I should add Vicky p to my list of 5
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 10:36:01 PM
You might not get the old package, but you get a guy who's capable of putting a winning package together.

I was wondering aloud the other day as to why Tigana had never recreated the level of performances he did with Lyon, Monaco and Fulham after he left here.  A poster (I think it might have been MJG) advised me that his talented coaching team never followed him to Turkey, China and Timbuktoo.
Nogood "therein lies the problem with Pearson perhaps, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Ordar on November 23, 2015, 03:12:06 PM
WM I quite agree. The players need a massive kick up the bum. They are underperforming, and the fact that we only turn up for 1 half a game they must take some of the blame. Maybe they've not been pushed enough in training, but a few of them seem to be carrying some weight, and there seems a lack of motivation within the squad.

How many of us have worked for a decent company that's been doing quite well?  All of a sudden, the board changes, new senior managers are brought in.  They shake things up.  They ride roughshod over the culture of the company.  The loyal staff are confused.  Results deteriorate.  The new managers are quickly sacked.  Other managers come in with spanking new ideas.  They ride roughshod over the company's culture.  The staff are even more confused.  Many of the better ones leave as they find it easy to get new jobs for more money and less aggravation.  Results plummet.  The staff who remain and even the new staff get even more confused at the wildly fluctuating strategies and tactical plans adopted by all these new management teams.  More sackings, more poor performances. 
So, I don't blame the players.  It's no fun working for 5 or six new managers in the space of 18 months.  No fun at all.  They look as bewildered as do we.
Nogood "hoping against all logical hope that it will come right but I've worked in such a company.  It's no longer in business, isit" Boyo

St. Andrews White

A manager, regardless of how good they are, needs a good coaching staff in order to be successful.
Part of the reason Kit wasn't successful was because his background staff was made up for the most part of youth team coaches.

With that logic, if Pearson cannot bring a reliable team with him, I'd rather have someone like Jokanovic or Garcia who do.

Regardless, people need to calm down.
We've been unlucky rather than completely incompetent, and as promotion seems unrealistic this season (though not impossible) I'd rather wait a while longer and get the right manager in.

Whether they're my first choice or not, I will back them to the hilt as a team cannot be successful without the backing of their fans, it makes such a noticeable difference.

So let's stop taking pops at the club and back them rather than descend into squabbling like the disloyal lot up the road!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

mikestrand

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 23, 2015, 11:34:52 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 10:36:01 PM

I was wondering aloud the other day as to why Tigana had never recreated the level of performances he did with Lyon, Monaco and Fulham after he left here.  A poster (I think it might have been MJG) advised me that his talented coaching team never followed him to Turkey, China and Timbuktoo.
Nogood "therein lies the problem with Pearson perhaps, isit" Boyo
Yep there's no guarantees Boyo.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 10:53:42 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 23, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

Hopefully demands that he wants both those coaches in his team are speculation, because we cant compete with premiership wages.
At the end of the he's the only boss in the frame who can say he's actually won the championship and as such is the less risky.

Without saying it outright, he's telling anyone who will listen that he needs those two coaches to be successful.