more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: Neil D on November 29, 2015, 10:13:21 AM
The fact that this monster thread is off the front page (or was until this post) shows that even we have got bored by the wretched, meandering saga of ineptitude. 

Probably. Although I'm not sure if you are referring to our managerial quest or the quality of the postings.

Neil D

Quote from: cmg on November 29, 2015, 10:22:42 AM
The fact that this monster thread is off the front page (or was until this post) shows that even we have got bored by the wretched, meandering saga of ineptitude. 

Probably. Although I'm not sure if you are referring to our managerial quest or the quality of the postings.

I would never disrespect the sterling contributions of my fellow posters. 

cmg

Quote from: Neil D on November 29, 2015, 10:41:51 AM

Jolly glad to hear it.  :54:  Me neither.
(Ooops. Excuse me for a moment. I must sit down in this bucket of water. My underwear seems to have spontaneously combusted.)

Incidentally, I think you have hit on the ideal title for when the history of the past few years of Fulham FC comes to be written.

Part I -    'The Great Escape'
Part II -   'The Road To Hamburg'
Part III -  'The Meandering Saga Of Ineptitude'

SG

Quote from: cmg on November 29, 2015, 01:28:45 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 29, 2015, 10:41:51 AM

Jolly glad to hear it.  :54:  Me neither.
(Ooops. Excuse me for a moment. I must sit down in this bucket of water. My underwear seems to have spontaneously combusted.)

Incidentally, I think you have hit on the ideal title for when the history of the past few years of Fulham FC comes to be written.

Perfect summation of the last 4 years

Neil D

Quote from: cmg on November 29, 2015, 01:28:45 PM

I generously waive my copyright but I don't see the Club using it, somehow.
Disclaimer: this does not apply to my other published works.

J

Has previous experience getting promotion from the Championship with Burnley, is managing in the MLS currently so would I assume be within budget and realistic to get - I am pretty sure it is their off season now so more likely his club would entertain it.

He might even be aware of a few cheeky bargain signings that we could get in Jan!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12096/10063061/a-qa-with-houston-dynamo-manager-owen-coyle-as-he-reflects-on-first-season-in-mls

Not seen him linked to us anywhere mind, but would be worth consideration over some of the names being mentioned surely?!

J

Ha OK is that simply because you don't like him? Or do you feel we are going to get someone better?

snarks

I'd rather have Gus Poyet or Tim Sherwood than coyle

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 28, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
Huw Jennings and Steve Wigley to sort out the management in the mire that is Fulham.
Nogood "Sun headline leading to odds on Wigley, isit" Boyo

With Pearce as his assistant?!

spikey norman

The People reporting today that one of of the factors why Clarke turned us down was the possibility of us having a transfer embargoe and not being able to strengthen in January.
Could well put off other targets we go after.

@jolslover

Di Canio anyone? Certainly passionate and would get the lads fired up.
STH H3

Nero

Quote from: spikey norman on November 29, 2015, 06:21:11 PM
The People reporting today that one of of the factors why Clarke turned us down was the possibility of us having a transfer embargoe and not being able to strengthen in January.
Could well put off other targets we go after.
Glad he did then, we want a coach to improve what we already have not go out and buy another new team like Redknapp

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2015, 08:17:07 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 29, 2015, 06:47:50 PM
Di Canio anyone? Certainly passionate and would get the lads fired up.

Indeed, but he is also a corner flag short of a football pitch, and I would err on the side of caution.

Yes him and Rigg wouldn't clash at all

res

I'm not implying that he should be given the job, but he talks sense in pre and post match interviews. Particularly impressed by him passing over the 2 non penalty decisions rather than giving those as being  the reason for not winning. Also thought his substitutions made sense although I accept the first one was to correct a start team selection mistake.

fulhamben

Anyone who picks defenders in midfield will never get my vote. Especially as it flopped so badly the week before
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Rigg was adamant our new manager/head coach would have plenty of experience, which grant doesn't. So if Rigg was being honest grant won't be our new manager.

leonffc

If that idiot is still in charge for the Brentford game I'll stay at home. I'm not travelling to see a team put out by that p****

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on November 29, 2015, 09:13:12 PM
If that idiot is still in charge for the Brentford game I'll stay at home. I'm not travelling to see a team put out by that p****
stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.