watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Whether we or they have turned us down, we must be getting kinda close to a scenario where actually the realistic potential targets left are not people we want to entrust with our future.

What then?

"Yes, Barry Fry was always our main target. We are so glad to have finally got our man".

There would have to be an argument for writing off the season and starting again for next. It might be a sensible decision but man would the place be a bit toxic until then.

I like Khan and I really do think he means well. But my oh my, how we have fallen under his stewardship.

alexmur

Quote from: Yonderwhite on November 30, 2015, 02:39:40 PM
...Or maybe we're waiting for Maclaren to be sacked, as appears somewhat inevitable at the moment...?
He would be an excellent appointment
judging by how we have approached people already I don't think we would wait for him to get the sack.

I also hope it's not him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HamsterWheel

Dick Advocaat now 5-1 with SkyBet. Probably someone overheard someone at Fulham ordering a bottle of the tallow gunk for the Christmas Party.

Wearethewhites

Rangers manager Mark Warburton dismisses Fulham link

Mark Warburton has distanced himself from the Fulham manager's job after he was installed as the bookmakers' favourite.

The Rangers boss has been heavily linked with the vacant Craven Cottage role after leading the Ibrox side to the top of the Scottish Championship.

Warburton has overseen 12 wins out of 14 and his team will move three points clear of closest challengers Hibernian if they win their game in hand at home to Dumbarton on Tuesday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10085136/rangers-manager-mark-warburton-dismisses-fulham-link?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ron

Quote from: alexmur on November 30, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on November 30, 2015, 02:39:40 PM
...Or maybe we're waiting for Maclaren to be sacked, as appears somewhat inevitable at the moment...?
He would be an excellent appointment
judging by how we have approached people already I don't think we would wait for him to get the sack.

I also hope it's not him

I also hope it's not him too.  (Nice teeth, dazzling smile though).

Burt

Rangers manager Mark Warburton dismisses Fulham link

Mark Warburton has distanced himself from the Fulham manager's job after he was installed as the bookmakers' favourite.

The Rangers boss has been heavily linked with the vacant Craven Cottage role after leading the Ibrox side to the top of the Scottish Championship.

Warburton has overseen 12 wins out of 14 and his team will move three points clear of closest challengers Hibernian if they win their game in hand at home to Dumbarton on Tuesday.

While his early efforts with Rangers have been noticed elsewhere, he is adamant he has no intention of leaving the club in the near future for a return to English football.

Fulham have been seeking a new manager for most of November after Kit Symons was sacked following a 5-2 home defeat to Birmingham.

Warburton said: "It's very flattering. It's always good to be linked. There are lots of times in your life when you're not linked to jobs, that's for sure.

"All you can do is put your head down and do your job here. The amount of clubs who change their managers down south is increasing year on year.

"I'm the Rangers manager. It's a huge club here. There's some big clubs in the English Championship - there's no doubt about that - but this is a huge club.

"We've started off well. There's a big project in place here and we have to be the best we can be every single day to try to take the club forward.

"It's had a tough four or five years - everyone's aware of that and everyone knows where the club has been to.

"They also know where the club needs to get to so we have to make sure we play a pivotal role in doing that.

"Down south, everyone knows about the Championship. It culminates in the richest game in world football but our focus right now is here at Rangers."

cmg

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 30, 2015, 04:08:43 PM
Dick Advocaat now 5-1 with SkyBet. Probably someone overheard someone at Fulham ordering a bottle of the tallow gunk for the Christmas Party.

Presumably that's 'tallow', as in 'Mellow Tallow', 'Tallow Submarine', 'Tallow Rose of Texas', etc?

Hilariously a whole dykefull of Woodenfoot managers has suddenly appeared on the Betfair market (Brood, Kluivert, Rutten, Jans, Plum) following the reported Dutch excursion.

Everybody really in the Manuel camp - 'I know..nuzzing.'

---Actually, I note that Fred Rutten, whose been at PSV, Vitesse and Feyenoord (but not the Sex Pistols), is unemployed at present....

f321ffc

Quote from: cmg on November 30, 2015, 04:24:30 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 30, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

Presumably that's 'tallow', as in 'Mellow Tallow', 'Tallow Submarine', 'Tallow Rose of Texas', etc?

Hilariously a whole dykefull of Woodenfoot managers has suddenly appeared on the Betfair market (Brood, Kluivert, Rutten, Jans, Plum) following the reported Dutch excursion.

Everybody really in the Manuel camp - 'I know..nuzzing.'

Is there any truth in the rumour that the deadly duo had a weekend in Holland?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HV71

Wearethewhites

alexmur

we should just give Bob Bradley a go at this stage

Thamesbank

Odd one this - I've heard mutterings before that he isn't particularly happy up North but as he doesn't seem to like interference in his team from above or stat based player selection can't see why would he come to us where both are likely to happen.

Anyways fingers crossed as would much prefer him to most of the others we've been linked with.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Domino 1879 on November 30, 2015, 04:41:33 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 30, 2015, 04:31:37 PM
Advocaat now 2/1 on Sky Bet.

Not a Snowballs chance

Very good.

Perhaps the younger generation didn't get that one!

Slaphead in Qatar

avocado is not what we need. this is turning into a bit of a circus....................who knows who we will end up with.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: alexmur on November 30, 2015, 04:41:40 PM
we should just give Bob Bradley a go at this stage

At least then Emerson Hyndman might get some game time
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 30, 2015, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: HV71 on November 30, 2015, 04:30:19 PM
My money's on Truck Van Rental ......

I hope he brings his brother Hertz

At least he sees being just a coach as a step in the right direction