Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Its gonna be a journeyman like Advocaat brought in on a 6 month contract i bet

rusty shackleford

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 30, 2015, 03:11:02 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on November 30, 2015, 02:39:40 PM
...Or maybe we're waiting for Maclaren to be sacked, as appears somewhat inevitable at the moment...?
He would be an excellent appointment

WHY??

...Because of the job he did at Derby.
He was very unfortunate with injuries etc, without which they would have won automatic promotion.
Also unfortunate in bossing QPR in the play-off final and Zamora snatching an undeserved winner.

He can do a job in the Championship, especially with the quality of players we have.
Had most people been asked this summer, Maclaren would have been adjudged to be good enough to take over.

Newcastle is a toxic club, and something must be going wrong for him to be doing as badly as they are.

I'd happily take him any day.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Yonderwhite on November 30, 2015, 05:08:41 PM
...Or maybe we're waiting for Maclaren to be sacked, as appears somewhat inevitable at the moment...?
me too

WHY??

He was very unfortunate with injuries etc, without which they would have won automatic promotion.
Also unfortunate in bossing QPR in the play-off final and Zamora snatching an undeserved winner.

He can do a job in the Championship, especially with the quality of players we have.
Had most people been asked this summer, Maclaren would have been adjudged to be good enough to take over.

Newcastle is a toxic club, and something must be going wrong for him to be doing as badly as they are.

J.Perkins

Dick Advocaat has been cut to 2/1. Opinions?

Ordar

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 30, 2015, 05:22:09 PM

Has he done anything of note over the past 10 years? Was terrible at Sunderland.

Wasn't he having family issues which is why he left Sunderland?

dlc

alexmur

WHY??

I agree with you on Newcastle being toxic they are definitely going down

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Steven Ageroad

WHY??

Sorry, yet to be convinced.

filham

I wonder how far we are down  the initial short list and as people fall off are others being added. Will perhaps we soon get down to Danny Murphy.

f321ffc

Quote from: filham on November 30, 2015, 06:29:02 PM
I wonder how far we are down  the initial short list and as people fall off are others being added. Will perhaps we soon get down to Danny Murphy.
The way its going we might end up having  to ask Danny Dyer. 
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: alexmur on November 30, 2015, 04:41:40 PM
we should just give Bob Bradley a go at this stage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He's taking French lessons in Ligue Deux.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

valdeingruo

Best part of this is, the book makers are just as stumped as we are.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Ichabod Magoo

Well one London club hired a new manager after signing a new contract at his old club just one month ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/30/dean-smith-brentford-manager-walsall
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Loz

Quote from: Ordar on November 30, 2015, 05:41:47 PM

Has he done anything of note over the past 10 years? Was terrible at Sunderland.

In the last ten years: Russian league title, Dutch league Runner-Up and cup finalist, automatic Euro-qualification for Russian national side, and keeping a poor Sunderland squad in the Premiership. That's a lot more than Rowett, Clarke, Pearson, Warburton etc can claim.

I think he'd be a great capture, befitting of the club ambition Khan promised us. Don't think it'll happen though.

@LawrenceQuilty

Hoppus

Quote from: Loz on November 30, 2015, 06:40:29 PM
Quote from: Ordar on November 30, 2015, 05:41:47 PM

In the last ten years: Russian league title, Dutch league Runner-Up and cup finalist, automatic Euro-qualification for Russian national side, and keeping a poor Sunderland squad in the Premiership. That's a lot more than Rowett, Clarke, Pearson, Warburton etc can claim.

I think he'd be a great capture, befitting of the club ambition Khan promised us. Don't think it'll happen though.

Well summarized!

Jimmy Hill

Whilst on the subject of Dutch managers
Gus Hiddink is looking for work.

Hoppus

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on November 30, 2015, 07:00:22 PM

Would be a dream move, but I dont think he is looking for a job as a head coach? :) Waiting for Jose M to get fired?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on November 30, 2015, 07:00:22 PM

So's Martin Jol
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense