News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

MY only issue BTA was Veysey said no approach or talks to Gray has been made or taken place, so how can he be 95% certain Gray will come in?

That confused me. I am not saying he is wrong but doesn't make sense

The Southampton model is a good model, if we go that way then great, if we are appointing a coach then when we make the announcement that is what should be said a coach not head coach. The so called dutch big name would surely then be the head coach / manager what ever anyone wants to call it
Every day is a Fulham day

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
MY only issue BTA was Veysey said no approach or talks to Gray has been made or taken place, so how can he be 95% certain Gray will come in?

That confused me. I am not saying he is wrong but doesn't make sense

The Southampton model is a good model, if we go that way then great, if we are appointing a coach then when we make the announcement that is what should be said a coach not head coach. The so called dutch big name would surely then be the head coach / manager what ever anyone wants to call it

I thought I heard otherwise.

When asked if it was 95% certain he would be signed Veysey replied "more than that" 

Riverside

Gray as a coach not THE HEAD coach would be a good move .

Seedorf as Head Coach then starts to work for me .

Clarke is a no from me as surely trust between him and Fulham broke down in the public nature of the collapse of talks .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:41:34 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
MY only issue BTA was Veysey said no approach or talks to Gray has been made or taken place, so how can he be 95% certain Gray will come in?

That confused me. I am not saying he is wrong but doesn't make sense

The Southampton model is a good model, if we go that way then great, if we are appointing a coach then when we make the announcement that is what should be said a coach not head coach. The so called dutch big name would surely then be the head coach / manager what ever anyone wants to call it

I thought I heard otherwise.

When asked if it was 95% certain he would be signed Veysey replied "more than that" 
NO he did say what you say, but at the start he said no talks had started / taken place
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Riverside on December 04, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
Gray as a coach not THE HEAD coach would be a good move .

Seedorf as Head Coach then starts to work for me .

Clarke is a no from me as surely trust between him and Fulham broke down in the public nature of the collapse of talks .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how I feel too regarding Gray, but FFC need to announce it as that from the start saying a man above Gray will be in place soon.

Re Clarke if its a straight choice and no big name coming in , between Clarke and Gray then only one winner.
Every day is a Fulham day


westcliff white

Just thought if the dutch name is waiting for a while, maybe we can use the Clarke situation in our favour. Say we need you in place in next 10 days or we will have to go another route, can you commit / sign now for now or we may have to look elsewhere
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Clarke/Gray neither excite me if Gray had been at Reading with the record Clarke 35%win about eh same as Gray ration not much better then Kit, has would we be excited to be getting him not only one win in 8, don't see why people are getting excited by Clarke.

Plus what if you read what he said after we told him to jog on was he turned us down, the man can go forth and multiply in my opinion.

Loz

Quote from: Ordar on December 04, 2015, 06:31:46 AM
You can't have a Head Coach a manager and a director of football. That wouldn't make sense

Don't forget a consulting coach, a CEO and whatever Khan's son does. What a mess.
@LawrenceQuilty


RuislipWhite

#2009
Morning all, don't post much  but I have to say we need to swallow our pride here and hope for Clarke, he has done well at reading despite what people might think, steadied the ship last season and they were looking red hot up until they played us this year.

He's renowned to be one of the best coaches in English football, managing may not have come as naturally to him but he's not had very long to prove himself, had a fantastic first season at West Brom and then was sacked early on during the second season.

I cant say im overjoyed with how this process has been handled but if we come out of it with Steve Clarke in charge and not having to pay £1m (reported) to reading I would be delighted, everyone was happy for him to come when it was first rumored and it was only a greedy agent who turned his back on fulham, not Clarke himself

FulhamStu

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now! 


This exactely how I see the positives... HOWEVER, why oh why did Rigg in that interview with Brooks come out and say quote 'we are NOT looking for a manager we are looking for a head coach.

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now! 


This exactely how I see the positives... HOWEVER, why oh why did Rigg in that interview with Brooks come out and say quote 'we are NOT looking for a manager we are looking for a head coach.
Thats where I was having issue with it all at the end. Varsey did try to say they were managing the changing process because of whats happened, but as I said I think it means we had no real plan.


Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now!  


This exactely how I see the positives... HOWEVER, why oh why did Rigg in that interview with Brooks come out and say quote 'we are NOT looking for a manager we are looking for a head coach.

Rigg said it because Rigg is looking to appoint a Head Coach rather than a Manager.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 04, 2015, 11:54:50 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now! 


This exactely how I see the positives... HOWEVER, why oh why did Rigg in that interview with Brooks come out and say quote 'we are NOT looking for a manager we are looking for a head coach.

Rigg said it because Rigg is looking to appoint a Head Coach rather than a Manager.
Yes, but if we end us getting Grey as head coach and one of the Dutch guys as manager Rigg will look rather silly.   All conjecture I know....

Oakeshott

"it was only a greedy agent who turned his back on fulham, not Clarke himself"

Can't agree with that. The player has to take responsibility for what his agent does on his behalf. He has either agreed it, when it is clearly his responsibility, or the agent has acted unilaterally and if the player disagrees he has to man up and say so.

Clarke must be feeling a complete prat now. No job at Reading, missed out on what could well have been a great opportunity at Fulham, and every other club aware that dealing with him can be fraught.


alexmur

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 04, 2015, 12:04:23 PM
"it was only a greedy agent who turned his back on fulham, not Clarke himself"

Can't agree with that. The player has to take responsibility for what his agent does on his behalf. He has either agreed it, when it is clearly his responsibility, or the agent has acted unilaterally and if the player disagrees he has to man up and say so.

Clarke must be feeling a complete prat now. No job at Reading, missed out on what could well have been a great opportunity at Fulham, and every other club aware that dealing with him can be fraught.
his agent must of got the sack

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2015, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 10:30:02 AM
I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now! 


This exactely how I see the positives... HOWEVER, why oh why did Rigg in that interview with Brooks come out and say quote 'we are NOT looking for a manager we are looking for a head coach.
Thats where I was having issue with it all at the end. Varsey did try to say they were managing the changing process because of whats happened, but as I said I think it means we had no real plan.
Or that our plan has been shot to pieces because we could not get the people we wanted in the first place and now Rigg is trying to find a way out of the mess he has created.  He can say - we have the head coach we wanted all along (Grey) and we have appointed a manager as well... sort of Rigg trying to save face I guess.  The problems are classic Fulham created by very poor or no communication.  I think Rigg likes to be seen as the 'Big Guy' and likes to make bold statements, however when he can't deliver having made the initial comment it totally backfires on him.  The other thing we have to remember is that Khan is in the background behind Rigg.  Did Veysey not say in his initial Cottage Talk interview that the Head Coach direction came from Khan and his American people.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: RuislipWhite on December 04, 2015, 11:18:10 AM
Morning all, don't post much  but I have to say we need to swallow our pride here and hope for Clarke

I agree. if its a choice between Clarke and Gray, ill take Clarke all day long


FulhamStu

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 04, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Quote from: RuislipWhite on December 04, 2015, 11:18:10 AM
Morning all, don't post much  but I have to say we need to swallow our pride here and hope for Clarke

I agree. if its a choice between Clarke and Gray, ill take Clarke all day long
There is no way Fulham will consider Clarke after his comments to the press.  Absolutely no way what so ever.... this will not happen, there is little I know for certain about what Fulham are up too, however I can guarentee this one.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 12:28:46 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 04, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Quote from: RuislipWhite on December 04, 2015, 11:18:10 AM
Morning all, don't post much  but I have to say we need to swallow our pride here and hope for Clarke

I agree. if its a choice between Clarke and Gray, ill take Clarke all day long
There is no way Fulham will consider Clarke after his comments to the press.  Absolutely no way what so ever.... this will not happen, there is little I know for certain about what Fulham are up too, however I can guarentee this one.

There are no guarantees here, but hiring Clarke after he shredded his verbal agreement to come would be a very foolhardy move.  That man cannot be trusted.
Nogood "hoisted by his own petard, isit" Boyo