watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarkey

I think some of you are extremely generous in your analysis of how the management at Fulham have reacted to this. The truth is they  created a situation by sacking Kit that they did not plan for, otherwise they would have appointed Gray straight away. They had no real action plan.

Secondly if they thought a new coach, namely Gray, could help the defence why didn't they appoint him under Kit and say sorry Kit, but you need to get that back four sorted.Here is someone who can do it for you.You look after the rest.

Thirdly why turn to Grey so late in the day, we have after all, failed to win since Kit's days.Why not implement this master plan in week one. Answer: Because they hadn't thought of it then.

Finally by appointing Grey they either have a new head coach in mind who is OK with him being on board, or they haven't got somebody-in which case they have made the search even harder and more complicated because no-one wants their staff chosen for them. It smells of panic and grasping at straws.You can also add why did they keep Curbs on the payroll and why did they approach Clark so publicly.

Let's face it Gray might not be a top flight coach but if we keep a few clean sheets the top management will look stupid for not getting him in before. If we leak goals then ditto.

Neil D

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 08, 2015, 03:39:23 PM
yes, and if Gray were to pick the team for 10 matches then they'd pay out on him. But hopefully Fulham will have found a Head Coach by then !
Well, my bet on Jokanovic is categorised as 'open' so Sky Bet don't  appear to have concluded that Gray is the next 'manager'.  Interestingly, Sky do not consider that 'director of football' constitutes a manager - not that the Club has used that phrase.  It is down to who chooses the team, apparently.  Jokanovic I hope.

westcliff white

I think sky bet will close it if he is in charge after a certain amount of games, worth checking for your sake
Every day is a Fulham day

rubbernecca

Quote from: clarkey on December 08, 2015, 06:10:09 PM
I think some of you are extremely generous in your analysis of how the management at Fulham have reacted to this. The truth is they  created a situation by sacking Kit that they did not plan for, otherwise they would have appointed Gray straight away. They had no real action plan.

Secondly if they thought a new coach, namely Gray, could help the defence why didn't they appoint him under Kit and say sorry Kit, but you need to get that back four sorted.Here is someone who can do it for you.You look after the rest.

Thirdly why turn to Grey so late in the day, we have after all, failed to win since Kit's days.Why not implement this master plan in week one. Answer: Because they hadn't thought of it then.

Finally by appointing Grey they either have a new head coach in mind who is OK with him being on board, or they haven't got somebody-in which case they have made the search even harder and more complicated because no-one wants their staff chosen for them. It smells of panic and grasping at straws.You can also add why did they keep Curbs on the payroll and why did they approach Clark so publicly.

Let's face it Gray might not be a top flight coach but if we keep a few clean sheets the top management will look stupid for not getting him in before. If we leak goals then ditto.

good points all

it's a positive step but desperately needed to stop the self inflicted bleeding

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 08, 2015, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 08, 2015, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 08, 2015, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 08, 2015, 12:12:56 PM
So, now the new "Head Coach" not only has to cope with not being called a manager, but is saddled with having Gray as his senior coach !
Rigg is really digging himself deeper and deeper into that hole.
Just have to hope that the Jokanovic rumour is right, and that he's OK with the set-up.

This is slightly worrying and slims down the options even more.

Ferguson, Shankly, Stein, Mourinho, Clough and even Symons had a No 2, sometimes a close friend, sometimes just another coach.
Shouldn't be a problem.

. . . and Hodgson came in and worked with Lewington.
[/b]

From one apprentice to another .................   well said.

How could I forget that!

Nero

Quote from: rubbernecca on December 08, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

good points all

Kit had the chance to bring someone in to help him he chose Crubs hence why he got sacked

Nero

Quote from: Neil D on December 08, 2015, 07:34:57 PM
yes, and if Gray were to pick the team for 10 matches then they'd pay out on him. But hopefully Fulham will have found a Head Coach by then !
Well, my bet on Jokanovic is categorised as 'open' so Sky Bet don't  appear to have concluded that Gray is the next 'manager'.  Interestingly, Sky do not consider that 'director of football' constitutes a manager - not that the Club has used that phrase.  It is down to who chooses the team, apparently.  Jokanovic I hope.

How much did you put on its probably your bet that shortend the odds

FulhamStu

Quote from: rubbernecca on December 08, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

good points all

More supposition here.  What about if Fulham have found the Head Coach and he has agreed Gray as his no2.  The new man not able to take the post yet but will do soon.

At the end of the day, we don't know these sort of details.

I agree its all rather odd, however we can dress it up in many ways.

I just want Gray to sort out the defence, then a new higher profile person to come in and start the re-building of our play on the pitch alongside our better coached defence.

clarkey

Fulham Stu, nice optimism but the club needs to be better run, we have been a really badly ordered place since the new owner came in. I don't think it is entirely his fault but the middle management ie Macintosh has been woeful.Look how they handled the fight against relegation if I was Khan I would seriously be considering getting a new structure in, it will take him an hour of his time but would be time well spent !

They seem capable of seeing that there is a problem but fail to understand that each decision made leads to another decision making process-perhaps they just need a list.Grant was a typical example of lack of foresight.

I think we became accustomed to good practise under MAF...every detail was attended to and the management structure was robust enough to sustain.Sure there were mistakes but there was a feeling of progress and planning. Plus there was innovation in so many areas (the ground, the website, the PR, the programme, the supporters' groups, the training ground etc etc). We won't see much of that in the next two/three years.It's a shame.

Neil D

Quote from: Nero on December 08, 2015, 09:02:13 PM
Quote from: Neil D on December 08, 2015, 07:34:57 PM
Well, my bet on Jokanovic is categorised as 'open' so Sky Bet don't  appear to have concluded that Gray is the next 'manager'.  Interestingly, Sky do not consider that 'director of football' constitutes a manager - not that the Club has used that phrase.  It is down to who chooses the team, apparently.  Jokanovic I hope.

How much did you put on its probably your bet that shortend the odds
It must have been my bet - £2!

alexmur

Quote from: clarkey on December 09, 2015, 07:04:05 AM
Fulham Stu, nice optimism but the club needs to be better run, we have been a really badly ordered place since the new owner came in. I don't think it is entirely his fault but the middle management ie Macintosh has been woeful.Look how they handled the fight against relegation if I was Khan I would seriously be considering getting a new structure in, it will take him an hour of his time but would be time well spent !

They seem capable of seeing that there is a problem but fail to understand that each decision made leads to another decision making process-perhaps they just need a list.Grant was a typical example of lack of foresight.

I think we became accustomed to good practise under MAF...every detail was attended to and the management structure was robust enough to sustain.Sure there were mistakes but there was a feeling of progress and planning. Plus there was innovation in so many areas (the ground, the website, the PR, the programme, the supporters' groups, the training ground etc etc). We won't see much of that in the next two/three years.It's a shame.
what alot of people forget is MAF did not have to deal with ffp and had the option of solving problems with heeps of cash, out current owner does not have that luxury and despite his massive wealth he has his hands tied when it comes to doing things the way we would like.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Apprentice to the Maestro

This is looking for scapegoats again when we don't know who made what decisions.

Yes, Jol should have been replaced in the summer Khan took over, the set up under Meulensteen was weird and he was sacked after two good performances, Magath, although his record was the best of any Fulham manager, should never have been employed, Symons was a risk that did not work out who should have been asked to step down over the summer and now we are looking for a Head Coach in mid season rather than prior to pre-season when the club with have more time and a greater choice.

Also Khan with no experience set up the current structure reducing our Board to three with nobody with a footballing background when MAF had a more varied Board and more than a decade of experience in being Chairman. Belatedly Khan has brought in Rigg to address that lack of experience.

One thing to note is this is Rigg's first go at bringing a new manager/Head Coach so I'll reserve judgement until the new man has had time to settle in. However the delay has clearly been a failure although we again don't know the constraints such a how close we are to our FFP limits and those linked to the job, Clarke and Pearson, were underwhelming for me.

I don't understand this view that we should have a manager with Championship experience to get us promoted who, when he fails, we should replace with a big name. The problem is that the Championship manager who is expected to fail will most likely to set us up the the wrong approach and the wrong players and his failure is highly likely to be that he gets us relegated so we would be back to square one. What we need is a quality manager along the lines of Hodgson or Stock or Tigana who see us as a long term project. We don't want to be planning for a change of manager/Head Coach.

HatterDon

We're looking at THREE Dutch managers?

Of course, because Jol was such an unparalleled success!  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mkras99

Paul Smith ‏@Smudge1962  2h2 hours ago
I'm hearing despite the appointment of Stuart Gray #ffc have tried to persuade #bcfc manager, Gary Rowett, to reconsider their offer

Despite meeting #ffc twice and being offered the job Rowett did a dramatic u-turn and decided to stay at #bcfc

A number of issues concerned him. The serious threat of a transfer embargo and establishing none of his #bcfc coaches wanted to relocate

Chutney

^ Lets hope we can convince rowett, he's very good.
C O Y W

FulhamStu

Well I did say this is what I hope for.. what do I expect - no idea really.  What I would say is that Khan has already changed the management structure.  This is why he bought in Rigg, who is suppose to be a football man.  Mackintosh now does the finance and new ground development.

If the new stand is built and the new training ground improvements get the go ahead, we will again see some very significant improvements to the football club.

Back to the team, well if the FFP rules change, Khan will be able to spend more like Alfahed did, otherwise he is rather tied, as it is we are looking a bit iffy, which must surely be a reflection of costs like Parkers wages we could not offload.   People say Magath did a lot of damage however imagine if our salary profile had not been reduced, we will be right up the creek without a paddle.

Nero

Logicalman

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 09, 2015, 11:48:24 AM
I don't understand this view that we should have a manager with Championship experience to get us promoted who, when he fails, we should replace with a big name. The problem is that the Championship manager who is expected to fail will most likely to set us up the the wrong approach and the wrong players and his failure is highly likely to be that he gets us relegated so we would be back to square one. What we need is a quality manager along the lines of Hodgson or Stock or Tigana who see us as a long term project. We don't want to be planning for a change of manager/Head Coach.

Totally agree. The issue is, who? and would they be willing to come to us?

It's all a big quandary, and with the total lack of information (perhaps not surprisingly) we have very little but our own assumptions and fears to support what we believe to be true. Will we have an embargo? I dunno, and there are differing opinions all round, but if that is the basis of a new man's decision to come to the club, then that's up to him and there's nothing we can do about it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Ordar

I think it's extremely unlikely that someone isn't lined up. Be that Jokanovic after the CL, Monk in anticipation of being fired, or Rowett hopeful of renegotiation.

I wouldn't rule out Rodgers or Moyes until they are gone.

Which of those would people prefer?

alexmur

Quote from: Ordar on December 09, 2015, 09:48:14 PM
I think it's extremely unlikely that someone isn't lined up. Be that Jokanovic after the CL, Monk in anticipation of being fired, or Rowett hopeful of renegotiation.

I wouldn't rule out Rodgers or Moyes until they are gone.

Which of those would people prefer?
I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but I'd be leaning slightly towards moyes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk