more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

By Matt Law5:15PM GMT 11 Dec 2015 Comments1 Comment
Fulham want to hand Garry Monk a return to management and are prepared to wait until the New Year for him to agree his Swansea City compensation package.
But it remains to be seen whether Monk is ready to jump straight back into management in the Championship or whether he will wait for a Premier League job.
Monk was harshly sacked by Swansea this week, despite leading the club to a record-breaking eighth-place finish in the Premier League last season.

Monk retains the high reputation he forged at Swansea
The 36-year-old's reputation in the game remains high and Fulham believe he is the perfect fit for their vacant head coach job.
Fulham have appointed Stuart Gray as a senior coach and the former Sheffield Wednesday manager will take charge of the team against Brentford on Saturday, but the search for a full-time head coach goes on.
Gray's arrival means Fulham can afford to wait for Monk to finalise his pay-off from Swansea, which could run into the New Year, but they would want assurances he is interested in the Craven Cottage job.
Fulham are 16th in the Championship table, seven points off the play-off places and Monk would face a tough job to try to take the club up to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Fulham are already seven points outside the play-off places
Fulham have already seen Steve Clarke, who has since been sacked by Reading, turn down a job offer, while other candidates have ruled themselves out of the running.
While Swansea work through their list of targets to replace Monk, which include Gus Poyet, Dennis Bergkamp and, possibly, Ryan Giggs, former Manchester United manager David Moyes has confirmed he is not interested in the post.
"I'm not interested in the [Swansea] job, I let that be known earlier in the week that it wasn't for me," said Moyes. "When I was in Spain I was getting offered numerous jobs to come back to England and since I've lost my job I've had several offers to come back here as well as offers to go back abroad.
"I want to spend Christmas at home with the family if I can, but if the right job comes up that really excites me I'm ready to go. I don't need a rest or a break, but I want to make sure the job is the right one."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

According to The Mail (yes I know). Several players have become disillusioned with the time it has taken to find a manager and are considering their future. Ross is mentioned but only because Sheffield Wednesday are thought to be considering a bid in January. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

There is a lot of speculation there, perhaps it's all speculation and filling of column inches.

And then there's this:

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2015, 05:40:26 PM
By Matt Law5:15PM GMT 11 Dec 2015 Comments1 Comment
Fulham have already seen Steve Clarke, who has since been sacked by Reading, turn down a job offer, while other candidates have ruled themselves out of the running.

I thought he agreed terms and then his agent stepped in and demanded more and Fulham said no, which is different from the focus of what Mr Laws has to say about it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cmg

Hopes dashed again. Another favourite is struck off the list:

"Jetzt also Japan: Nach vielen Trainerstationen in der Bundesliga und einem gescheiterten Engagement in England zieht es Felix Magath nach Asien. Der 62-Jährige hat beim japanischen Erstligisten Sagan Tosu unterschrieben."

translates as:

"So now Japan: After many coach stations in the Bundesliga and a failed commitment in England it pulls Felix Magath to Asia. The 62-year-old has signed with the Japanese first division Sagan Tosu."

One begging phone call from Mr Riggs and our former gaffer high tails it to the other side of the globe.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Neil D on December 11, 2015, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 11, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

Totally agree. I got the impression he was more hacked off with the way Prem teams treat their managers, and I don't feel he would turn down a Championship team solely on the basis of league. If the offer is good, and he is allowed to manage the way he wants and needs to, then it's not above reality that he might consider a Championship team to make his return with.
Swansea gave Monk a three year contract back in May 2014 - this was an act of faith in someone who had no managerial experience prior to Swansea.  Why would Moyes consider this shabby treatment?  If Moyes thinks he's too good for a Premiership club which isn't even in the relegation zone, then you can imagine what he thinks of managing a mid-ranking Championship side...

I think Moyes steering away from Swansea is due more to Jenkins not being the type of person he'd like to work with.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/12043786/How-Swansea-lurched-into-crisis.html
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: cmg on December 11, 2015, 10:44:31 PM

"Jetzt also Japan: Nach vielen Trainerstationen in der Bundesliga und einem gescheiterten Engagement in England zieht es Felix Magath nach Asien. Der 62-Jährige hat beim japanischen Erstligisten Sagan Tosu unterschrieben."

translates as:

"So now Japan: After many coach stations in the Bundesliga and a failed commitment in England it pulls Felix Magath to Asia. The 62-year-old has signed with the Japanese first division Sagan Tosu."

One begging phone call from Mr Riggs and our former gaffer high tails it to the other side of the globe.

felix to japan? expect many cases in the coming months of japanese footballers committing hair kari.

clarkey

This transfer window will be torture for FFC with a manager less, mid table side (at best) losing players with ambition.

Who in their right mind would stay after this shambolic episode following on from two years ago.

We lose Husband (loan end) Cormack (wants out) Dembele (offers coming from Prem) and Cairney and with Parker and Tunni injured that's not a great squad left-it's just a picture of a club in permanent transition.

Kit should definitely have been given until Xmas and it would have been better to simply add Gray as a defensive coach.

The Kit out brigade assumed there would be a plan...there wasn't.

westcliff white

Keep saying this but it will be a quiet January as it seems we are preparing a statement alongside / to coincide with the FL about breaching FFP. As we are in the FL still means it will be an embargo so we won't be able to buy anyone, I do believe we can still sell players though
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 12, 2015, 07:01:44 AM
Quote from: cmg on December 11, 2015, 10:44:31 PM

translates as:

felix to japan? expect many cases in the coming months of japanese footballers committing hair kari.

Isn't that what Tom Huddlestone did?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rusty shackleford

Id take Garcia or Jokanovic any day of the week over Monk. Dont get the fuss

alexmur

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 12, 2015, 11:01:01 AM
Id take Garcia or Jokanovic any day of the week over Monk. Dont get the fuss
Yeah I really don't see the monk thing but if someone would like to sell it to me I'll listen

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

You never get rid of any stress related illness, it eases and comes back from time to time.
Every day is a Fulham day

BedsFFC

Quote from: mkras99 on December 12, 2015, 06:41:43 PM
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14141051.Friday_Interview__The_stress_has_gone__now_Oscar_eyes_a_return_to_the_dugout/

The last 3 years have really hit me hard in terms of supporting Fulham. I'm ok if we are crap, skint and lower league. Thats what I bought into. I don't support Fulham because I want us to be Man u.
But, we aren't skint, we have just been run so atrociously bad and that has really worn me down.

However, if we can somehow manage to get Oscar to manage us and keep Gray on board, I'd finally think we have turned the corner.

Can the powers that be pull it off?

If we go for Monk, its such a risk.

@jolslover

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 12, 2015, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on December 12, 2015, 06:41:43 PM
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14141051.Friday_Interview__The_stress_has_gone__now_Oscar_eyes_a_return_to_the_dugout/

The last 3 years have really hit me hard in terms of supporting Fulham. I'm ok if we are crap, skint and lower league. Thats what I bought into. I don't support Fulham because I want us to be Man u.
But, we aren't skint, we have just been run so atrociously bad and that has really worn me down.

However, if we can somehow manage to get Oscar to manage us and keep Gray on board, I'd finally think we have turned the corner.

Can the powers that be pull it off?

If we go for Monk, its such a risk.

Agree, Buzzing if we get Oscar, With his beautiful football and Grays defensive prowess I would be very pleased
STH H3

Oakeshott

Tony Mowbray has moved down to second favourite on Betfair, just behind Stuart Gray. Mowbray would seem to tick the requirements Rigg set out, and is doing well with Coventry City.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: clarkey on December 12, 2015, 07:27:27 AM
This transfer window will be torture for FFC with a manager less, mid table side (at best) losing players with ambition.

Who in their right mind would stay after this shambolic episode following on from two years ago.

We lose Husband (loan end) Cormack (wants out) Dembele (offers coming from Prem) and Cairney and with Parker and Tunni injured that's not a great squad left-it's just a picture of a club in permanent transition.

Kit should definitely have been given until Xmas and it would have been better to simply add Gray as a defensive coach.

By 'Cormack' I assume you actually mean Ross McCormack?
Disrespectful if so.
Also, again assuming that's who you mean...
Where is it written that he wants out?
You been reading the Sun ?

FPT

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 12, 2015, 09:42:36 PM

Disrespectful if so.

The Daily Mail suggested that some players want out because of how long we've taken over the new 'manager.' And named Ross McCormack - but only because he's of interest of Sheffield Wednesday. No substance to the story.

alexmur

Quote from: FPT on December 12, 2015, 09:44:33 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 12, 2015, 09:42:36 PM

Disrespectful if so.

The Daily Mail suggested that some players want out because of how long we've taken over the new 'manager.' And named Ross McCormack - but only because he's of interest of Sheffield Wednesday. No substance to the story.
you lost all creditability after daily mail

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk