watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarkey

Arthur quite accurately points out some poorly run clubs, but surely we don't congratulate the FFC board for not being them.

What we should be doing is comparing what is happening at our club with what MAF presided over and what other well run clubs do. We have fallen woefully short. I think it is risible people defending the current situation, whatever appointment now follows the process has been a PR and morale sapping disaster. The points tally has been awful during this time and the lack of a hand on the rudder has been obvious.

Those are the facts- there are quantifiable results to the inaction, speculation and lack of impetus. They are shown in the results and the reputational damage done to the club.

Watch this space the transfer window could be a new low.

Domino1879

Thnx.
Sounds like the jury is still out.
Whatever the outcome the credibility of the FFC Board must be at a new low for this lot. 

Domino1879

Quote from: Tonywa on December 23, 2015, 10:35:07 PM
The time this farce is taking to play out anyone would think we were trying to persuade Fergie out of retirement or appoint Guardiola on a twenty year rolling contract not negotiating to appoint a decent, but hardly earth-shattering manager. Even if we get him and I for one hope we do, then I think the people running this club have already shown themselves up to be incompetent idiots and I think quite seriously that some sort of peaceful supporter's protest should be arranged to express our dissatisfaction. I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.  The club has become a laughing stock under these morons and if Rigg and Macintosh have an iota of decency between them they should both offer their resignations.  Interesting that in many of the discussions on radio about the USA businessmen bidding to take over Everton FFC has been held up as a dreadful warning as what can happen to a club when it is owned by Americans who don't have a clue about the game of how it runs.  I don't think I've ever ben quite so near to tearing up my season ticket and finding something else to do on Saturday afternoons in all the time I have supported the club.  I have run a couple of small businesses during the last twenty or so years and if I had been as useless at it as these people I would have expected to have gone under long ago.  It's a pitiful spectacle.

An accurate assessment.
There should be a lot more supporter involvement in running clubs imo. 

westcliff white

Yep all rumours, no facts at all, same as about anyone we have meant to have spoken too o offered a contract too.
Every day is a Fulham day

SG

Quote from: Domino1879 on December 24, 2015, 08:58:21 AM
The time this farce is taking to play out anyone would think we were trying to persuade Fergie out of retirement or appoint Guardiola on a twenty year rolling contract not negotiating to appoint a decent, but hardly earth-shattering manager. Even if we get him and I for one hope we do, then I think the people running this club have already shown themselves up to be incompetent idiots and I think quite seriously that some sort of peaceful supporter's protest should be arranged to express our dissatisfaction. I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.  The club has become a laughing stock under these morons and if Rigg and Macintosh have an iota of decency between them they should both offer their resignations.  Interesting that in many of the discussions on radio about the USA businessmen bidding to take over Everton FFC has been held up as a dreadful warning as what can happen to a club when it is owned by Americans who don't have a clue about the game of how it runs.  I don't think I've ever ben quite so near to tearing up my season ticket and finding something else to do on Saturday afternoons in all the time I have supported the club.  I have run a couple of small businesses during the last twenty or so years and if I had been as useless at it as these people I would have expected to have gone under long ago.  It's a pitiful spectacle.

An accurate assessment.

What most people fail to take into account is that the two people running this show, Rigg and Mac are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds each year for their efforts (I can't remember the precise amounts but I seem to recall £800k being mentioned) and not the average wage that the average person earns. For these exceptional levels of pay one is entitled to expect exceptional levels of performance. If I was Khan I would be looking at what I am getting for my money. In my view he is being massively short changed.

westcliff white

That depends on the perspective surely, if he has given them a budget that is restrictive then it becomes harder to find someone I would guess, couple that with any impending embargo and it is even harder.

If the budget was unlimited then it would be far easier as would it be if we didn't have an embargo hanging over us.

But 47 days is too long all the same.

westcliff white

On Twitter 5 minutes ago from Raphael Geller, same guy mentioned in a post above...

Salavisa Jokanovic at press conference this morning: I can't comment on my future, it is not respectful to Maccabi Tel Aviv

Domino1879

Quote from: Arthur on December 24, 2015, 04:41:19 AM
I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.

Maybe the following list of clubs - all of whom have encountered difficulties within the last 15 years - will jog your memory:

Blackpool: as little as two weeks before last season was due to start, the Club had only eight players on its books.

Leeds: whose then chairman took out massive loans that forced the Club to sell its stadium and training ground - as well as its best players - in order to repay the money.

Portsmouth: failed to pay its players on time on several occasions during a season whilst it was still a PL club and subsequently went into administration twice in two years.

Coventry: built itself a new stadium, but was forced to sell it and rent its use, eventually resulting in a situation which led to the Club having to play its home matches 35 miles away.

What about Glasgow Rangers, Bolton, Birmingham and Darlington, moreover, to name but a handful of other clubs whose owners have overseen a demise with more serious consequences than we are enduring?

For the past few years, undeniably, matters have not have worked out as intended. We are, however, still far from the worst run club that there has ever been.

Several of these clubs effectively mortgaged their future income to try to buy success - Leeds being a case in point.
However, let's not forget that Khan bought a club with ZERO debt.  MAF had waived his loans and any debt written off.
The current uncertainties regarding FFP has to be the responsibility of the FFC Board.  Symtomatic of people who don't know what they are doing.

westcliff white

Same could be said of those clubs hi lighted by Arthur, our problem is lack of income against the remains big earners last season, for instance the rumours that Rodders was on circa 70k same as Parker, the fact we had to pay around 50% allegedy of mitro's and steaks salaries whilst out on loan. So was hard but still things could have been done I guess

westcliff white

Apparently according to this Raphael Geller guy Oscar Garcia is rumoured to have landed in israel, just adding 2 + 2 and getting 5

nose

Quote from: SG on December 24, 2015, 09:05:04 AM
Quote from: Domino1879 on December 24, 2015, 08:58:21 AM
The time this farce is taking to play out anyone would think we were trying to persuade Fergie out of retirement or appoint Guardiola on a twenty year rolling contract not negotiating to appoint a decent, but hardly earth-shattering manager. Even if we get him and I for one hope we do, then I think the people running this club have already shown themselves up to be incompetent idiots and I think quite seriously that some sort of peaceful supporter's protest should be arranged to express our dissatisfaction. I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.  The club has become a laughing stock under these morons and if Rigg and Macintosh have an iota of decency between them they should both offer their resignations.  Interesting that in many of the discussions on radio about the USA businessmen bidding to take over Everton FFC has been held up as a dreadful warning as what can happen to a club when it is owned by Americans who don't have a clue about the game of how it runs.  I don't think I've ever ben quite so near to tearing up my season ticket and finding something else to do on Saturday afternoons in all the time I have supported the club.  I have run a couple of small businesses during the last twenty or so years and if I had been as useless at it as these people I would have expected to have gone under long ago.  It's a pitiful spectacle.

An accurate assessment.

What most people fail to take into account is that the two people running this show, Rigg and Mac are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds each year for their efforts (I can't remember the precise amounts but I seem to recall £800k being mentioned) and not the average wage that the average person earns. For these exceptional levels of pay one is entitled to expect exceptional levels of performance. If I was Khan I would be looking at what I am getting for my money. In my view he is being massively short changed.

Firstly, SG I absolutely agree with you.
Secondly I would settle for competency.
Unfortunately they are not even close to that!

filham

So, if the rumoured Jaconavic deal falls through, which is looking likely what happens next.

Are we back to square one and start the same procedure again with the ex Swansea manager. with an expected rejection date about 3 weeks down the line.

Isn't it time to Grab Danny Murphy or Lee Clarke,.

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on December 24, 2015, 12:16:18 PM
So, if the rumoured Jaconavic deal falls through, which is looking likely what happens next.

Are we back to square one and start the same procedure again with the ex Swansea manager. with an expected rejection date about 3 weeks down the line.

why is it looking likely

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on December 24, 2015, 12:24:35 PM

why is it looking likely

The fact it hasn't happened yet is a concern.

If he has agreed to join, accepted personal terms etc.. then that should be it, but for some reason the deal hasn't been finalised which isn't a good sign.

Don't suppose this mornings transfer embargo has helped matters though.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

why is it looking likely

If he has agreed to join, accepted personal terms etc.. then that should be it, but for some reason the deal hasn't been finalised which isn't a good sign.

What about the idea that Maccabi want to get a new manager lined up before letting the current one go... now that sounds like a good idea.  Wonder why Khan/Rigg did not thing of that ?

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

why is it looking likely

Its only rumours either way but it seems Maccabi want a replacement in before leaves, whilst we may have agreed terms with him and a fee with them they can still refuse to sanction the deal before a replacement is found. He could walk out on them but he says he wants to show them respect, again just rumours. The other rumour is that Oscar Garcia (their previous manager) has flown in for Tel Aviv

Lighthouse

Latest (or is it old news) from a freelance is that 250,000 has been agreed as compensation and we could announce by the New Year. Speculation is next to condemnation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Derby Fan

Could the Embargo put off a potential new manager? Maybe the ambitious ones would prefer to wait to build there own squad in the summer?

davew

Quote from: Derby Fan on December 24, 2015, 05:07:43 PM
Could the Embargo put off a potential new manager? Maybe the ambitious ones would prefer to wait to build there own squad in the summer?
Even if that were true, there still wouldn't be much money available to improve the squad, there again it wouldn't take any money to improve the current squad, I think we should sell, sell, sell in January!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

LBNo11

...Day 46: 46, the atomic number of palladium, the current show is a farce...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC