Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 02:09:13 PM
moyes was my first choice

Was he?
You've not mentioned much.

;-)

filham

Oh dear this is not really going the way we all wanted but as always we will just have to go along with it and give the players our full support and just hope the man turns over a new leaf at the Cottage.

Wimbledon_White

HamsterWheel

All the bookies are dropping the odds to make Steve Clarke favourite, must be someone putting money on him with them all....

Cottage Industry

Pearson! Not in a million years for me. Others have posted why, so I will not repeat. I think the club have many other options not the least now David Moyes is available. He wasn't when Mike ran his "Next Manager poll" but he is now. A man with a pedigree, completely trustworthy on honoring his contract, can act on a miserly budget and inspire the players he has, to perform to the utmost of their ability. I admired him when he was at Everton and my father refereed at Everton on many occasions, though obviously not when David was in charge. Whether he would be prepared to join us is completely another matter. Watch this space.

alexmur

Quote from: Cottage Industry on November 18, 2015, 02:53:17 PM
Pearson! Not in a million years for me. Others have posted why, so I will not repeat. I think the club have many other options not the least now David Moyes is available. He wasn't when Mike ran his "Next Manager poll" but he is now. A man with a pedigree, completely trustworthy on honoring his contract, can act on a miserly budget and inspire the players he has, to perform to the utmost of their ability. I admired him when he was at Everton and my father refereed at Everton on many occasions, though obviously not when David was in charge. Whether he would be prepared to join us is completely another matter. Watch this space.
I would bloody love moyes at the cottage, but I'm starting to feel like it's less likely everyday. anything you can tell me to start feeling positive about it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alexmur

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 18, 2015, 02:13:10 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 02:09:13 PM
moyes was my first choice

Was he?
You've not mentioned much.

;-)
hahaha fair point.

grandad

If the Hahas are apparently not considering Pearson why are we going for a second rate Coach/Manager. Surely we should be setting our sights on a better option.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

I have said on 2/3 occasions that it does not matter who the manager/coach is, we will have no idea how they will perform until they start. All the wishful thinking with Moyes, yes he could come and he could fail big time, only time will tell on any manager/coach/player.

The only thing definite with me is that whoever comes in i will never stop going.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wearethewhites

Quote from: grandad on November 18, 2015, 03:03:15 PM
If the Hahas are apparently not considering Pearson why are we going for a second rate Coach/Manager. Surely we should be setting our sights on a better option.

Rumour has it, is that Rogers is on his way to QPR.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 18, 2015, 03:15:06 PM

More fool them; Rodgers is pony.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 18, 2015, 03:25:12 PM

yes, has anyone in the game spent as much as Rodgers has to achieve nothing.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ag

Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 03:43:53 PM

Every Liverpool manager since the 90's?

Winning promotion to the Premier League & finishing 11th the next year is pony?  Yeah, we don't want any part of that.  Because...you know...he wears eyeliner, looks like a ferret & he's cocky.

west kowloon white

Not convinced with the love in for the media friendly but dull Moyes who would probably think FFC well below his station.Prefer someone with spine and an honest opinion- but probably an old fashioned pre wimp opinion.

fulhamben

Quote from: Ag on November 18, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 03:43:53 PM

Every Liverpool manager since the 90's?

Winning promotion to the Premier League & finishing 11th the next year is pony?  Yeah, we don't want any part of that.  Because...you know...he wears eyeliner, looks like a ferret & he's cocky.
? I only asked if anyone had spent as much money as Rodgers has to achieve nothing. I didn't mention his make up at all. And didn't he get promoted with martinez team. Or was he in charge for a couple of years before they went up

Twig

I would go for Jokanovic in a heartbeat but seems unlikely.  My objection to Pearson is not that he seems to be a rather unpleasant individual, but that his track record is more failure than success by quite a long margin.  I am concerned that he was a one trick pony.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on November 18, 2015, 04:48:32 PM
I would go for Jokanovic in a heartbeat but seems unlikely.  My objection to Pearson is not that he seems to be a rather unpleasant individual, but that his track record is more failure than success by quite a long margin.  I am concerned that he was a one trick pony.
some would have moyes even though his last two jobs have been a disaster. There is no guarantee with whoever we get in that they will be a success

alexmur

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: J on November 18, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
If it is Pearson then you won't see me at The Cottage on Saturday!!

:Get Coat gif:

I assume you mean the next home game and normally you would attend?
He's not my cup of tea either but your comment suggests something stronger?

Look! He clearly showed himself up last season under the full glare of the football media but none of it was a crime and his sons distasteful actions was his own business not his fathers.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see why you are so affronted because it suggests your really not much of a fan? 

alexmur

good plenty of inflated ego's there he will fit right in