watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF IT IS PEARSON?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, November 18, 2015, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Perhaps ,with Rigg breathing down his neck, Pearson may manage a little more self control and become a better  at man management.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:58:18 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:41:21 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:17:14 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:14:15 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: J on November 18, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
If it is Pearson then you won't see me at The Cottage on Saturday!!

:Get Coat gif:

I assume you mean the next home game and normally you would attend?
He's not my cup of tea either but your comment suggests something stronger?

Look! He clearly showed himself up last season under the full glare of the football media but none of it was a crime and his sons distasteful actions was his own business not his fathers.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see why you are so affronted because it suggests your really not much of a fan?  
I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over

Then I say the same to you!
What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

Maybe I've misunderstood but is it all down to if the club employs this man or not that you will or will not attend matches?

I'm confused by your statement, if he gets the job you will give him 100% support but if he's appointed it will offend you so much you will not attend any matches?

That's a shame not a joke.
It is a shame for me yes, but it silly to suggest that I am not much of a fan.

I have the right to go or not and still be a fan, I have 2 season tickets but will not expose my son to potential actions like he has had in the past, it snot correct for young children to see or hear such actions. If he has a big swing in his actions then I will go but it would be a big swing. I am thinking as a parent not as a fan on this, my bigger priority is my son

I really don't want to waste our time continuing with all this but how old is your son and whereabouts do you sit?
On a more positive note, if he does get appointed and you refuse to go, can I borrow your Season tickets for the Sheffield Wednesday match on Jan 2nd? Thanks
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

Look! He clearly showed himself up last season under the full glare of the football media but none of it was a crime and his sons distasteful actions was his own business not his fathers.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see why you are so affronted because it suggests your really not much of a fan? 
I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over

What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

Maybe I've misunderstood but is it all down to if the club employs this man or not that you will or will not attend matches?

I'm confused by your statement, if he gets the job you will give him 100% support but if he's appointed it will offend you so much you will not attend any matches?

I have the right to go or not and still be a fan, I have 2 season tickets but will not expose my son to potential actions like he has had in the past, it snot correct for young children to see or hear such actions. If he has a big swing in his actions then I will go but it would be a big swing. I am thinking as a parent not as a fan on this, my bigger priority is my son

I really don't want to waste our time continuing with all this but how old is your son and whereabouts do you sit?
he is 11 and we sit right near the dugouts
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 05:52:52 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
I don't like what he stands for that simple to me and would not want my lad around when he lose sit on the side-lines and throttles another player or lays into another fan, provoked or not its just not acceptable.

I have a season ticket and will get one every year, but that also gives me the right to go if I want of if I don't. can support the club from afar like a lot of people do. You don't have to go to games to be a fan
I guess that's fair enough reason. I'd go either way.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I get your view point but for me my son is the priority
look I have kids myself and I never looked at it that way. it's hard enough explaining the offside rule imagine trying to explain why the manager is choking a player

which sums up my view exactly

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I don't like what he stands for that simple to me and would not want my lad around when he lose sit on the side-lines and throttles another player or lays into another fan, provoked or not its just not acceptable.

I have a season ticket and will get one every year, but that also gives me the right to go if I want of if I don't. can support the club from afar like a lot of people do. You don't have to go to games to be a fan

How do you and your son cope with all of the swearing and 'rude' songs, surely that's worse ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 06:23:11 PM

look I have kids myself and I never looked at it that way. it's hard enough explaining the offside rule imagine trying to explain why the manager is choking a player

having read alot of people's views on him over the last 10 days, not many have had issues with his football or his chances of getting us up so if it does end up being him I'd be more than positive questions have been asked about his attitude and he would have to give the club guarantees he has turned himself around and is not going to make the same mistakes again......i hope. still holding out for moyes until it's announced officially.

Loz

Swearing at a fan and laying hands on an opposition player; nobody's saying these things are acceptable from a manager, but are they really so bad that they're unforgivable? Pearson says he's not proud of these incidents and wants to move on, can't we all give him a chance to do that?

Take these few unsavoury moments out of the equation and surely we have to agree he's the best realistic appointment out there, with exactly the resume we need; multiple Play-Offs, a Championship title and Premier League survival.
@LawrenceQuilty

Carborundum

Of all the hundreds of people I have worked with over the years, practically all of them have been reasonable individuals......until the pressure is on.  Then you find out what they are really like.

In the OP's scenario, my guess is that all will be smooth sailing until the time inevitably comes when he feels under pressure.  Then, I hope, he will say to himself: "I'm acclimatised to this" and shrug it off.  Do it in the way Mr Allardyce did when West Ham had no defenders and were getting trounced every week - with dignity and respect for the fans who were suffering too.  If he can do this he could be a formidable manager for us and weather the storm.

Alternatively, he might find new and ingenious ways to act erratically when under pressure.  He has plenty of "previous" in that regard.

We'd be taking a risk appointing him.  That's true of any appointment.  Trouble is  I'm not sure the odds are good on this one.  People over the age of thirty find it very hard to change much.  Nigel Pearson is fifty two.

westcliff white

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 18, 2015, 06:37:19 PM

How do you and your son cope with all of the swearing and 'rude' songs, surely that's worse ?
TO be honest the songs are very few and far between and most fans are quite decent with the language when kids are around and I have mentioned it to people at times as well and they have apologised

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 06:23:11 PM

having read alot of people's views on him over the last 10 days, not many have had issues with his football or his chances of getting us up so if it does end up being him I'd be more than positive questions have been asked about his attitude and he would have to give the club guarantees he has turned himself around and is not going to make the same mistakes again......i hope. still holding out for moyes until it's announced officially.

I have no issue with his football style at all, far from it, just the way he is

J

I meant Saturday, it was tongue in cheek as we are away :D

Arthur

Quote from: garyclashcityrocker on November 18, 2015, 01:56:33 PM
What was wrong with Bobby Campbell. We were a good side under him.

What was wrong? Could it be that we were a second-tier club with aspirations of promotion when he became manager and in the lower reaches of the third-tier when he departed?

I'm surprised that you have Pearson and Campbell in different camps. In my opinion, Pearson has much in common with Bobby: hard-nosed and steely; won't take being messed about. Heck, he even looks like Bobby!

I agree that Campbell brought some fine players to the Club. Yet he never seemed to get the best out of them on a consistent basis. After the first few months of the 77-78 season when we were in and around the promotion places, we suffered a gradual decline that saw us relegated in 1980. (And Campbell's popularity, not unexpectedly, declined with our form.) After a ropey start to life in the old Third Division, I don't think any of our (dwindling) band of supporters (apart from your good self, I guess) shed any tears when he was shown the door.

leonffc

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 06:22:27 PM

I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over

What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

I take it you don't play Sunday football? or at least, your son has never watched you play?

For the record, I can't stand Pearson and would consider not bothering using my tickets myself but at 11 your son is likely to see and hear worse in the playground, especially seeing as Pearson would be on a warning about his behaviour/under a psychiatrist/medication if he was employed by us.

Chutney

Talks have broken down with Pearson..... so essentially he has failed his interview! What are the odds he told the receptionist to "**** off and die" and tried to wrestle Rigg to the floor?
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: leonffc on November 19, 2015, 06:39:31 AM

I take it you don't play Sunday football? or at least, your son has never watched you play?

For the record, I can't stand Pearson and would consider not bothering using my tickets myself but at 11 your son is likely to see and hear worse in the playground, especially seeing as Pearson would be on a warning about his behaviour/under a psychiatrist/medication if he was employed by us.
I used to play Leon, but gave up once my son turned 5. As for school that is something I cannot control as I have to send him, but if he came home and started swearing etc and saying that's what we say at school then I would make a complaint for sure. Maybe prudish or whatever people wish to call it, but I have an obligation to bring up my children in the best way I can and that's what I will do.

I have no issue with Pearson's management style just his past behavioural record (I personally th8ink coaching wise better than Clarke, but there were better options than both out there), as someone says its when the pressure is on how will he handle it again, leopards very rarely change their spots.

alexmur

Quote from: Chutney on November 19, 2015, 07:50:21 AM
Talks have broken down with Pearson..... so essentially he has failed his interview! What are the odds he told the receptionist to "**** off and die" and tried to wrestle Rigg to the floor?
hahaha he probably got the job and khan went to give a hug and he choked him

MJG

Quote from: alexmur on November 19, 2015, 09:00:57 AM
Quote from: Chutney on November 19, 2015, 07:50:21 AM
hahaha he probably got the job and khan went to give a hug and he choked him

I think it went like this from the moment Rigg said to Pearson Welcome to the interview take a seat

https://youtu.be/D4d8PHDG4yE

leonffc

Quote from: westcliff white on November 19, 2015, 08:41:00 AM
Quote from: leonffc on November 19, 2015, 06:39:31 AM

I used to play Leon, but gave up once my son turned 5. As for school that is something I cannot control as I have to send him, but if he came home and started swearing etc and saying that's what we say at school then I would make a complaint for sure. Maybe prudish or whatever people wish to call it, but I have an obligation to bring up my children in the best way I can and that's what I will do.

Fair enough, and you of course have the right to bring your son up how you see fit, which seems to be with high morals. I totally respect that but if you sat next to him and explained that throttling someone whilst calling them a C word was wrong whilst Pearson was kicking 7 bells out of someone I'd hope that he listened to you rather than tried it out on you once you got home lol.

westcliff white

agree Leon so would I, and thanks for seeing my view point. al looks quite a mute point right now though