https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF IT IS PEARSON?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, November 18, 2015, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: J on November 18, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
If it is Pearson then you won't see me at The Cottage on Saturday!!

:Get Coat gif:

I assume you mean the next home game and normally you would attend?
He's not my cup of tea either but your comment suggests something stronger?

Look! He clearly showed himself up last season under the full glare of the football media but none of it was a crime and his sons distasteful actions was his own business not his fathers.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see why you are so affronted because it suggests your really not much of a fan? 
I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 04:57:19 PM

Look! He clearly showed himself up last season under the full glare of the football media but none of it was a crime and his sons distasteful actions was his own business not his fathers.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see why you are so affronted because it suggests your really not much of a fan? 
I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over
but you was ok with what ohara did to the wolves fans after he helped them to a double relegation?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 04:59:49 PM

but you was ok with what ohara did to the wolves fans after he helped them to a double relegation?
I don't know what O'Hara did

But to make it clear I would prefer Warnock or Redknapp to Pearson and I loathe all 3 of them. But unlike some on this board I can mention, I will support and back them 100% whoever gets the job even if I am not at the ground. I personally do not think that means anyone supports the team less if they cannot get to, afford to or don't want to go to the ground

Ag

Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: Ag on November 18, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 03:43:53 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 18, 2015, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 18, 2015, 03:15:06 PM
Quote from: grandad on November 18, 2015, 03:03:15 PM
If the Hahas are apparently not considering Pearson why are we going for a second rate Coach/Manager. Surely we should be setting our sights on a better option.

Rumour has it, is that Rogers is on his way to QPR.

More fool them; Rodgers is pony.
yes, has anyone in the game spent as much as Rodgers has to achieve nothing.

Every Liverpool manager since the 90's?

Winning promotion to the Premier League & finishing 11th the next year is pony?  Yeah, we don't want any part of that.  Because...you know...he wears eyeliner, looks like a ferret & he's cocky.
? I only asked if anyone had spent as much money as Rodgers has to achieve nothing. I didn't mention his make up at all. And didn't he get promoted with martinez team. Or was he in charge for a couple of years before they went up

Martinez left after the 08/09 season for Wigan.  Paulo Sousa managed the club for the 09/10 season then left for Leicester that summer.  Rodgers took over & guided them to promotion (via the playoff) at the first time of asking (10/11 season).

I don't know that I'd say it was Martinez's team.  Rodgers & Swans added leading scorer Scott Sinclair as well as Neil Taylor, Leon Britton and Luke Moore who played significant roles.

RaySmith

I don't see why fans can give managers dog's abuse but if they respond in kind they are crucified. They are only human.

Then the spat with the journo - well, he was again provoked, I think.

For me, Pearson has done little wrong re these incidents.

He seems a man of passion, and has good experience. Seems a good shout for Fulham manager to me.

west kowloon white

..will get bored scrolling through the pc cr..

westcliff white

Quote from: RaySmith on November 18, 2015, 05:06:46 PM
I don't see why fans can give managers dog's abuse but if they respond in kind they are crucified. They are only human.

Then the spat with the journo - well, he was again provoked, I think.

For me, Pearson has done little wrong re these incidents.

He seems a man of passion, and has good experience. Seems a good shout for Fulham manager to me.
The spat I heard with Pat Murphy of the BBC was unprovoked he just asked a question and Pearson went of on one, he may have had a hard time elsewhere but even so doesn't make it right. It will be interesting to see if it is Pearson, sky seem to be promoting him so everyone thinks it is him, that will make people bet and then the odds change, similar to the sun promoting Clarke yesterday and now he is in at 1/3 all very good for bookies etc.

I cant see why if we are getting an unemployed manager why it has taken so long, doesn't matter as some of the squad were on international duty and some given a few days off, so tomorrow would be the first full day with them anyway. The delay to me makers me think we are or were looking at an employed manager and maybe now something has changed

bill taylors apprentice

Then I say the same to you!

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:14:15 PM

I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over

What a silly comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

FPT

Yeah, he's definitely not a Fulham type of guy, and would be a blemish personality wise on our managerial record. However, if he is named as the man in charge, what can we do? I'm really not in favour of him, but if it happens, I'll still listen in weekly, and still pay for my ticket when I'm in London - as I did with Mark Hughes and as I did with Martin Jol (though I liked Jol even if a bit hopeless).

He probably could and probably will take us to the Premier League; since settling down as a manager he's seen success really - kept Southampton in the Championship, 18 months at financially struggling Hull around winning League One with Leicester in his first spell and then a play off spot and then winning the Championship in his second.

Since the pace has picked up on his potential appointment, I feel it important to have a look at the mechanics of his sides under his tutorship - a fairly classic 442, with a bigger striker accompanying a smaller one (Nugent and Vardy, Ulloa and Vardy, Howard and Fryatt), with two hard working comfortable central midfielders (Cambiasso, James, Drinkwater, Cleverly, King, Danns), and two wingers beating their man and getting balls in the box (Knockaert, Mahrez, Dyer, Marshall, Schlupp, Albrighton) and then two centre backs up for a physical battle (Huth, Wasilewski, Morgan, Moore, Hobbs, Morrison).

He doesn't shy away from the younger players to be fair; Michael Morrison was plucked from non-league at 20 and played at centre back as they won League One, Jack Hobbs (his centre back partner) was 21 at the time. He gave 20 year old Andy King his first full season in the professional game, Martyn Waghorn was taken on loan at 19 and signed at 20; Kasper Schemichel hasn't looked back since Pearson made him his number one at Leicester. Liam Moore at 20, was his centre back with Wes Morgan as Leicester romped to the title; Jeff Schlupp has been brought through largely by Pearson (though debut from Sven); Danny Drinkwater and Matty James was his central midfield when he took them up at 23 and 22.

So it's not all bad. I'm sure he'd do well, he just isn't Fulham I agree.

alexmur

a question to those willing to stop going to games if Pearson gets the job. how can you support a team and just because you don't like the manager not go to games?

as an irish Fulham fan I would be at every game rain or shine if I could, I spend every game huddled around my computer listing to the commentary and to see people saying they won't go because of one man I just can't see why. it's not Pearson fc it's Fulham fc suck it up and go cheer the lads on no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

I don't like what he stands for that simple to me and would not want my lad around when he lose sit on the side-lines and throttles another player or lays into another fan, provoked or not its just not acceptable.

I have a season ticket and will get one every year, but that also gives me the right to go if I want of if I don't. can support the club from afar like a lot of people do. You don't have to go to games to be a fan

Bassey the warrior

I'd be surprised if Rodgers went to a Championship side. But if he's open to the idea, I hope we go for him. He'd be a great fit. I'd be very excited to have him here.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:17:14 PM

What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

Maybe I've misunderstood but is it all down to if the club employs this man or not that you will or will not attend matches?

I'm confused by your statement, if he gets the job you will give him 100% support but if he's appointed it will offend you so much you will not attend any matches?

That's a shame not a joke.

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
I don't like what he stands for that simple to me and would not want my lad around when he lose sit on the side-lines and throttles another player or lays into another fan, provoked or not its just not acceptable.

I have a season ticket and will get one every year, but that also gives me the right to go if I want of if I don't. can support the club from afar like a lot of people do. You don't have to go to games to be a fan
I guess that's fair enough reason. I'd go either way.

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:41:21 PM

What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

Maybe I've misunderstood but is it all down to if the club employs this man or not that you will or will not attend matches?

I'm confused by your statement, if he gets the job you will give him 100% support but if he's appointed it will offend you so much you will not attend any matches?

It is a shame for me yes, but it silly to suggest that I am not much of a fan.

I have the right to go or not and still be a fan, I have 2 season tickets but will not expose my son to potential actions like he has had in the past, it snot correct for young children to see or hear such actions. If he has a big swing in his actions then I will go but it would be a big swing. I am thinking as a parent not as a fan on this, my bigger priority is my son

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 05:42:57 PM

I get your view point but for me my son is the priority

win-dup

He appears to be of the lunatic fringe like Warnock and Pulis with their anger management issues. Let's hope that the delay means perhaps that Moyes is being persuaded to come to the Cottage. He is a big name and if he did come here it would mean he's been assured that every assistance will be given to make a successful team.

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 18, 2015, 05:42:57 PM

I get your view point but for me my son is the priority
look I have kids myself and I never looked at it that way. it's hard enough explaining the offside rule imagine trying to explain why the manager is choking a player

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 18, 2015, 05:41:21 PM

I  can honestly say it would take a big swing in his actions to get me into the cottage to watch if he took over

What a joke comment, been  a supporter for 38 years love the club and always will do, but I can support the club without having to go to the cottage and not use my season tickets, that's my choice as it is the clubs who they appoint, and as I have said on numerous occasions whoever gets the job will get my support 100% however I do not need to go the ground to do this.

It is a shame for me yes, but it silly to suggest that I am not much of a fan.

I have the right to go or not and still be a fan, I have 2 season tickets but will not expose my son to potential actions like he has had in the past, it snot correct for young children to see or hear such actions. If he has a big swing in his actions then I will go but it would be a big swing. I am thinking as a parent not as a fan on this, my bigger priority is my son

I really don't want to waste our time continuing with all this but how old is your son and whereabouts do you sit?