watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old crest or new logo????

Started by CorkedHat, August 03, 2010, 08:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Somebody on this MB who wishes to remain anonymous but is called Gold Coast White kindly sent me a Fulham top which I have worn now a couple of times to the pub,
Everyone remarks how smart it is but what really attracts them is the old crest – the old coat of arms.
It really is so much better than the Nazi looking emblem we now have – don't you think? Or is it me who has been locked away in a time warp?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

Maybe i'm getting old, but it's the old crest for me every time.  :045:

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JBH

We have been there and done this subject about a thousand times  :doh:

CorkedHat

Quote from: JBH on August 03, 2010, 08:46:30 AM
We have been there and done this subject about a thousand times  :doh:

Oh dammit and I missed it. So sorry to have troubled you :006:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...yes, we have looked at the subject several times on different Fulham message boards, but I cannot remember it being discussed on this one(?)

Anyway, still firmly in the camp, or even the one.

I understand that the 'new' one is now more widely recognised, but surely that is because we have become more widely established in the top flight.

The old badge tells the history of Fulham, the 'new' badge could be Falkirk FC..!

FC Silver Fox

I'm with El Bee and the CH on this one.  How long have we had the 'new' logo now?  We can't really call it new any longer, can we, but it still looks fascist to me. It looks negative too with the Fs pointing downwards.  It just has no class to it.  Even ,dare I say it, our neighbour's badge... no I don't dare say it...
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

CorkCity

The crest does not bother me, it's the silly advertising on the shirts that I dont like.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

I still have the old coat of arms on a pennant or two hanging on a wall. The more people are paid to invent new badges the more average they become.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: CorkCity on August 03, 2010, 09:34:03 AM
The crest does not bother me, it's the silly advertising on the shirts that I dont like.

I thought the LG on your shirt meant 'a Little Gaelic', Corky.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

CorkCity

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 03, 2010, 09:44:29 AM
Quote from: CorkCity on August 03, 2010, 09:34:03 AM

I thought the LG on your shirt meant 'a Little Gaelic', Corky.
I thought it meant "Large Guinness"
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Burt

This means different things to different people...or generations, to be specific.

For example I started following the whites in 1974 and so for the most part I have grown up with the crest, and the introduction of the new logo was a bit of a shock to the system.

Then I look at my son, 12 years old, started taking him 5 years ago, and he thinks the crest is soooooo yesterday (so much for heritage) and all his identity with the club is around the logo... Same with his mates.

It would apprear that it is all about the here and now, not the history.

Welcome to Generation Y!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Burt on August 03, 2010, 09:57:40 AM
This means different things to different people...or generations, to be specific.

For example I started following the whites in 1974 and so for the most part I have grown up with the crest, and the introduction of the new logo was a bit of a shock to the system.

Then I look at my son, 12 years old, started taking him 5 years ago, and he thinks the crest is soooooo yesterday (so much for heritage) and all his identity with the club is around the logo... Same with his mates.

It would apprear that it is all about the here and now, not the history.

Welcome to Generation Y!

Why?  :doh: You are right of coarse and the older you become the less things inspire you. As they say - There comes a time when you have to decide which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn. Or which bridge to stop on and take in the view.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

In my son's case it is Generation Y Bother...

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on August 03, 2010, 10:44:12 AM

I wonder what happens after generation Z has completed it's run. Could that then be Generation AA?

Ahh, medication has arrived .. goodnight all...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Logicalman on August 03, 2010, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Burt on August 03, 2010, 10:44:12 AM

I wonder what happens after generation Z has completed it's run. Could that then be Generation AA?

Ahh, medication has arrived .. goodnight all...

Which ultimately begs the question of how stupid it was to begin at X

McBridefan1

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 03, 2010, 08:24:58 AM
Somebody on this MB who wishes to remain anonymous but is called Gold Coast White kindly sent me a Fulham top which I have worn now a couple of times to the pub,
Everyone remarks how smart it is but what really attracts them is the old crest – the old coat of arms.
It really is so much better than the Nazi looking emblem we now have – don't you think? Or is it me who has been locked away in a time warp?

Achtung Baby...

AlFayedsChequebook

Fancy explaining the second shot of the FFC logo on a Nazi helmet? I am confused

LBNo11

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 03, 2010, 05:02:41 PM
Fancy explaining the second shot of the FFC logo on a Nazi helmet? I am confused

...because the Fulham badge looks like a nazi symbol...

tingtawng

yes the old crest was a proud historical piece so it needs bringing back IMO
IN SVEN VE TVUST