more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It could be worse for FFC

Started by WoodyFFC73, December 08, 2015, 12:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyFFC73

Chutney

I remember when they were flying high under allerdyce with the likes of Okocha, Heirro AND Djorkaeff amongst their ranks. Really puts some perspective into our situation, I'd rather draw with MK Dons because we are taking our time to appoint the right man than sit rock bottom of the division and potentially go into administration.
C O Y W

J

Very unfortunate. I quite liked Bolton of that era, and equally why I will always rate Allardyce as a manager.

Berserker

I enjoyed my day out there when we were both on the Prem. It was a lovely sunny day
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JudgeBread

Shame. The season they went down with Coyle I remember thinking anyone would've gone down with that injury list.

copthornemike

Really puts our own troubles in perspective. Before I reading the article I did not realise the Chairman, Phil Gartside, is gravely ill so obviously his family have others issues to concern themselves with.

MAF has come on for some flak over, but always balanced with great appreciation for what he did for FFC, over the last couple of years of his stewardship. However he was wise enough to hand over the reins before his age and health started to dictate what did or did not happen within the club.

Am I right in thinking that ourselves, Bolton and Wigan, all overachievers,  were promoted to the Premiership at the same time and might possibly have been the last group of promoted clubs for whom all three evaded immediate relegation?

Just look at all three now and our current plight certainly could be worse!

BedsFFC

Quote from: copthornemike on December 08, 2015, 01:55:02 PM
Really puts our own troubles - before I reading the article I did not realise the Chairman, Phil Gartside, is gravely ill so obviously his family have others issues o concern themselves with.

MAF has come on for some flak over, but always balanced with great appreciation for what he did for FFC, over the last couple of years of his stewardship. However he was wise enough to hand over the reins before his age and health started to dictate what did or did not happen within the club.

Am I right in thinking that ourselves, Bolton and Wigan, all overachievers,  were promoted to the Premiership at the same time and might possibly have been the last group of promoted clubs for whom all three evaded immediate relegation?

Just look at all three now and our current plight certainly could be worse!

Blackburn not wigan. Seany D and all that....

Southcoastffc

Hmmm, Neil Lennon in the employment market before long??
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

King_Crud

Quote from: copthornemike on December 08, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Am I right in thinking that ourselves, Bolton and Wigan, all overachievers,  were promoted to the Premiership at the same time and might possibly have been the last group of promoted clubs for whom all three evaded immediate relegation?

Swansea, QPR, Norwich 2011/12

filham

Quote from: Berserker on December 08, 2015, 01:36:23 PM
I enjoyed my day out there when we were both on the Prem. It was a lovely sunny day
There was a time in the seventies when I made quite a few trips to Bolton for work reasons, just can't remember a sunny day but recall people in the pub still talking about Jackie Milburn.