watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transparency

Started by mike_corkcity12, December 24, 2015, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

Shame on Sarah Brookes and the CEO for trying to bury this news of our incompetence by releasing it on Christmas Eve.

They have known for at least a month so obviously this was a strategical decision.

Shame on them.

Time for a new CEO.

westcliff white

The clubs hands were tied on the announcement front, had to wait for the football league. We have all known for a while so it's not really a surprise
Every day is a Fulham day

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: westcliff white on December 24, 2015, 11:05:17 AM
The clubs hands were tied on the announcement front, had to wait for the football league. We have all known for a while so it's not really a surprise
The club asked the football league to delay the announcement as far as I am aware.

bill taylors apprentice

I believe the FL have only today released their findings which isn't the clubs fault, maybe ?

Having said that, I would like to see real transparency from the club from now as to how they have got into this state and the clear path away from the situation.

Somehow I doubt we will get any joy and will continue to only get an opaque view of what's going on.

FortCollinsFulham

I know being angry/upset is the vibe around this club right now (totally justifiable), but the official Football League announcement came out today, blame them.

Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth mentioned the announcement today too, are they burying the lead as well? Or is it that clubs are announcing the sanctions after it's officially announced? The answer is the latter.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

westcliff white

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on December 24, 2015, 11:07:15 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 24, 2015, 11:05:17 AM
The club asked the football league to delay the announcement as far as I am aware.
Mine is they asked us to delay our announcement to coincide with theirs, so everything was in alignment. They as I understand wanted to finish looking at all clubs however they still have a few to finish looking at. No club in the announcement to date made any statement before the FL announcement. So not just us
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham76

We're a poorly run club, simple as that! The club tell us absolutely nothing of interest or importance. Although we all knew this was coming, (through rumours, fans digging around etc, nothing from the club of course), I heard this 'officially' on radio 1 news!!

As much as we all love Johnny Haynes, I think the club have done his story to death on the main website. Time for the club to start showing its fans some respect & start talking to us about things that are important.

nose

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 11:56:43 AM
We're a poorly run club, simple as that! The club tell us absolutely nothing of interest or importance. Although we all knew this was coming, (through rumours, fans digging around etc, nothing from the club of course), I heard this 'officially' on radio 1 news!!

As much as we all love Johnny Haynes, I think the club have done his story to death on the main website. Time for the club to start showing its fans some respect & start talking to us about things that are important.

I have to be honest i didn't read a word of the JH story. If they had it in its entirety in one pdf location fine, but the web site should predominately impart information.

As for the programme winning an award. I usually only scan it and want team line up, fixtures and results and league table A bit about the away team and the manager's bland thoughts can also be interesting I suppose. Otherwise £3.50 is very steep. If clubs really cared about supporters, which the obviously do not until things go wrong, then a much smaller, simpler document for around £1.50 or less would be better.

Burt

Hmm a bit harsh methinks, I suspect you will find that the club had an embargo on any announcement pending the football league releasing this in the first instance.

Fulham76

Quote from: Burt on December 24, 2015, 12:48:31 PM
Hmm a bit harsh methinks, I suspect you will find that the club had an embargo on any announcement pending the football league releasing this in the first instance.

An embargo on the embargo... That's funny

res

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on December 24, 2015, 10:55:49 AM
Shame on Sarah Brookes and the CEO for trying to bury this news of our incompetence by releasing it on Christmas Eve.

They have known for at least a month so obviously this was a strategical decision.

Shame on them.

Time for a new CEO.

Not Fulham's fault or hiding bad news on Xmas Eve. It's a Football League timing issue. Also the more I try to understand the FFP rules, the more nonsensical they are.

mike_corkcity12

If I have made a mistake I apologise. The wording of the last FST minutes say tha

Bill2

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2015, 11:56:43 AM

I have to say I don't ever expect the Club to tell us anything, it is the same as any other firm and it's customers, in our case fans. We are not shareholders.

If you don't like the way a firm treats you you just stop using it, but I suspect we will tolerate a lot if winning it is only when losing that we start moaning. I wonder if Arsenal tell their fans any more than Fulham do. But to be fair they need to keep certain issues secret especially transfer deals.

PokerMatt

It's a bit different than that though. We're Fulham supporters, we can't 'stop using the firm'.
Follow me: @mattdjourno