watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January fixtures

Started by Domino1879, December 26, 2015, 10:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino1879

I can't see us getting anything all Jan.........Deep, deep, deep trouble.
I honestly feel sick.

H4usuallysitting

I'm more looking forward to my credit card bill, than our January fixtures

Domino1879

Wolves, Blackburn, Huddersfield away.
Hull and Sheffield Weds home.

On current form I expect Nil points.

filham

When you havn't won for nine games any fixture list is going to look horrible.

Before Kit left Rotherham looked like a home banker now the game is a six pointer relegation battle with Rotherham looking the favourites ( they have just had back to back wins.)

Whitesideup

I am not as pessimistic as some. Quite the opposite in fact. Having mulled it over with the help of a couple of rather fine pints of Youngs, I think that overall we played pretty well yesterday against a pretty good team. I don't think we should go into any of the January fixtures thinking they are lost causes. Potentially all are winnable and we have some good players. Of course we won't play to our potential all the time, but maybe some of the time? All we need to do is to concede a couple fewer goals, and score a couple more. Simples.

And even if we accomplish only half the task, we should still end up with a draw. Let's look on the bright side. COYW !!!   

filham

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 27, 2015, 11:30:46 AM
I am not as pessimistic as some. Quite the opposite in fact. Having mulled it over with the help of a couple of rather fine pints of Youngs, I think that overall we played pretty well yesterday against a pretty good team. I don't think we should go into any of the January fixtures thinking they are lost causes. Potentially all are winnable and we have some good players. Of course we won't play to our potential all the time, but maybe some of the time? All we need to do is to concede a couple fewer goals, and score a couple more. Simples.

And even if we accomplish only half the task, we should still end up with a draw. Let's look on the bright side. COYW !!!   

You could have said all of that, with more conviction, nine games ago.

Supermitch

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 26, 2015, 11:09:38 PM
I'm more looking forward to my credit card bill, than our January fixtures

Genuine LOL  :005:

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on December 27, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

Indeed. A fair point well made. We had just won two games back to back including an exhilarating win over Reading and scoring 4 away from home. More conviction after those games? Yes, of course. And yes, we have had a bad run and that can affect morale and confidence. Unlike many, however, I am choosing to take the positives out of the last game, and think we can get a few decent results out of the coming fixtures. Hopeless optimism? Maybe.....but maybe not!

Riversider

Quote from: filham on December 27, 2015, 11:08:17 AM
When you havn't won for nine games any fixture list is going to look horrible.

Before Kit left Rotherham looked like a home banker now the game is a six pointer relegation battle with Rotherham looking the favourites ( they have just had back to back wins.)
You've got a short memory if you think that this would have been a "home banker" under Kit Symons , I witnessed some horror shows under him and there were certainly no home bankers under Symons,
For the record Rotherham have won 4 of their last 7 , they are possibly the most inform side in the league, so why would anyone consider it a home banker ?
Looks like being a very tough game to me.

Wingnut

Dreading January too. First time in many, many years that I will not travel over for a game for a whole calendar month. I have flights booked for games in February, so I am hoping that things pick up, even a little bit by then.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 27, 2015, 01:48:54 PM
Quote from: filham on December 27, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

Indeed. A fair point well made. We had just won two games back to back including an exhilarating win over Reading and scoring 4 away from home. More conviction after those games? Yes, of course. And yes, we have had a bad run and that can affect morale and confidence. Unlike many, however, I am choosing to take the positives out of the last game, and think we can get a few decent results out of the coming fixtures. Hopeless optimism? Maybe.....but maybe not!

Things always look more positive after a couple of pints of Youngs Winter Warmer!

or Fullers Festive of course