watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2300 of 3200 sold for QPR

Started by ffcthereligion, February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I'm just glad I got two tickets together and am going with my wife.
Sold out or not I'm honoured to going to the game with fellow fans who travel to support the team. Doubly so as I don't get the chance to go to way games.
I'm always in awe of the away fans when I hear them over the GJ broadcasts, often as not 1000's of miles away with my phone pressed against my ear.
Tomorrow I'm going and am really chuffed about that ( crappy seats or not)
Let's stop arguing about stuff that doesn't matter and cheer on the team.
I'll do my best to help make the support heard and maybe you will be the one symbolically tipping your hat to me whether you're watching on Sky , stream or good old GJ.
COYW's!

Chesh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 05:32:28 PM
Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 03:16:22 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 01:23:41 PM
Just got back from the ticket office.
2750 sold.
I was lucky to get 2 tickets together ( the last two) and it is in Z1 ( corner of the lower tier)
The guy told me that pretty much all thats left is restricted viw. Imagine trying to sell 250 restricted view tickets???
It seems our support is better than many people think

I've been saying all week we'd sell out but for some people that didn't happen quick enough, so we've been labelled crap fans by our own 'fans'.

So much for last word (talk about obsessed)  064.gif

By the way 3200-2750 is 450, not zero or sold out, so stick to the facts before making more barbed comments.

That comment wasn't aimed directly at you, just an observation/opinion of mine, you need to get over yourself. Certainly not an attempt to get the last word in. You did that, twice. Well done!

For someone like me who has been a season ticket holder for many years & been to home games over the years with crowds of 2,500-3,000, I don't think taking ALMOST 3,000 to an away game is bad turnout, definitely doesn't deserve abuse from our own fans. Fans??? hmmmmmm  fp.gif
Couldn't  give a flying one if it was aimed at me or not (even though it's hard to see how not) - just putting you right about it not selling out. Therefore no need for the barbed comment.

Anyway, that's enough from me, as you seem a bit too concerned with point scoring - not interested mate.

That'll be why you replied again then will it? Unreal!

Time to grow up a bit or learn to deal with an opinion different to yours  fp.gif

I've just PM'd you..
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ffcthereligion

2750 sold.
I was lucky to get 2 tickets together ( the last two) and it is in Z1 ( corner of the lower tier)
The guy told me that pretty much all thats left is restricted viw. Imagine trying to sell 250 restricted view tickets???

I've been saying all week we'd sell out but for some people that didn't happen quick enough, so we've been labelled crap fans by our own 'fans'.

I still think its embarrassing not to sell out QPR with 450 empty seats.

SP

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 07:05:22 PM
I'm just glad I got two tickets together and am going with my wife.
Sold out or not I'm honoured to going to the game with fellow fans who travel to support the team. Doubly so as I don't get the chance to go to way games.
I'm always in awe of the away fans when I hear them over the GJ broadcasts, often as not 1000's of miles away with my phone pressed against my ear.
Tomorrow I'm going and am really chuffed about that ( crappy seats or not)
Let's stop arguing about stuff that doesn't matter and cheer on the team.
I'll do my best to help make the support heard and maybe you will be the one symbolically tipping your hat to me whether you're watching on Sky , stream or good old GJ.
COYW's!

Spot on.  Get behind the boys win, lose or draw & stay to the end of the game.  Seen a couple of decent wins there but also seen 2 shockers.  Nothing will be settled tomorrow, just looking to continue the gradual improvement we've been making of late.

fulhamben

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 12, 2016, 07:25:40 PM
2750 sold.

I think you are too easily embarrassed. Early kick off,on sky, school holidays, in a relegation fight and let's be honest Loftus road and the surrounding area is a proper dump. So I'd say selling over 2.7k is a good effort
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on February 12, 2016, 07:34:12 PM
2750 sold.

I think you are too easily embarrassed. Early kick off,on sky, school holidays, in a relegation fight and let's be honest Loftus road and the surrounding area is a proper dump. So I'd say selling over 2.7k is a good effort

Relegation fight, all the more reason to sell out and the area surrounding Loftus Road is a dump?? dear oh dear, what you going there for, a picnic?, romantic stroll with the missus? looking to buy a house? I'm going to support my club couldn't give a toss if its a dump

Chesh

2750 sold.

I'd say you're a bit short on excuses Ben, you've only come up with 5 lol...Hillingdon's right though, the relegation fight one is a bit lame imo...surely they need us all the more?

fulhamben

Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 08:04:41 PM
2750 sold.

I'd say you're a bit short on excuses Ben, you've only come up with 5 lol...Hillingdon's right though, the relegation fight one is a bit lame imo...surely they need us all the more?
nope it's not crunch time yet. No point bringing our the twelfth man till it's really needed. It's all about timing

terryr

Guys
Turn your attention to something more constructive
You will enjoy life more I promise.
Really

copthornemike

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 08:23:37 PM
Guys
Really

:plus one:

Chesh

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 08:23:37 PM
Guys
Really

Mate, it's just passions running high before tomorrow's match that brings out some over zealous comments.

All is well in the Chesh household, and about to constructively eat a pizza lol...

Tomorrow, we will all be as one against the local rivals, and cheering the lads on desperately for 3 points.

Hope you and the missus enjoy the match, and the atmosphere in the lower school end (probably won't get much sitting done, but you won't care if there are goals to celebrate, I'm sure)

terryr

Scrumpy

What's bizarre is that if Rangers had supplied us with the Upper Loft only, as they do 90% of the time, we would have sold out within 3 days and everyone would be fine.

If you google 'Millwall at QPR', you'll see footage of Millwall fans going barmy after scoring a goal. Upper loft only. No one took the piss out of their turnout.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 12, 2016, 11:19:15 PM
What's bizarre is that if Rangers had supplied us with the Upper Loft only, as they do 90% of the time, we would have sold out within 3 days and everyone would be fine.

If you google 'Millwall at QPR', you'll see footage of Millwall fans going barmy after scoring a goal. Upper loft only. No one took the piss out of their turnout.

No-one took the piss because thats all they were given.
Ipswich took the most there this season, 3188. Looks weve shifted about 2800 odd which if true is quite funny because there's a massive thread on Griffin Park Grapevine about Brentford only being given 2750

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 09:47:08 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 09:25:58 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 12, 2016, 09:07:06 AM
Quote from: Chesh on February 11, 2016, 11:29:55 PM
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on February 11, 2016, 08:48:23 PM
Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.
Why bother going ever then? If you can't be arsed against our most local rivals this season (and if it is nothing to do with work/money/family or any other valid reason), then you might as well call it a day.

It's hardly QPR's cup final. To be fair, they probably feel they owe us one after most of the recent results, and are up for it for that reason, and because it's a local derby.

This is their cup final. Whether we've smashed them on more occasions than not they look for us and they're obsessed with the supposed class divide between the fans. Rather be associated with a posh club with a nice ground a pretty successful past than that shower down the road.

They've had to look at their local rivals being much much more successful than them for years now. They are light years away from Chelsea & see us as the next best, they hate us & are absolutely desperate to beat us tomorrow.
Much bigger game for them, without doubt their cup final.

There's no one more obsessed with the 'bitters' on here than you and your twin/alter ego (the other 76), yet you've said yourself you  only know one of them.

Believe me, they don't see it as their 'cup final', they just want to beat us badly, as they should for such a local derby against a team that has battered them more than once in recent years.

I don't particularly like QPR, as my Rangers mates well know, and I too want to beat them badly.

The main topic on this post is our inability to sell out for such a local fixture, and I'd maintain that it puts our support in a relatively bad light in this regard.

It is what it is, but I just get a bit wound up when people come on and think it's such a badge of honour that they're not going because it's either a crap ground, or it's 'their cup final not ours'.

Are we Fulham supporters or not?

FYI I am going today.

Chesh

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on February 13, 2016, 08:07:58 AM
Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.
Why bother going ever then? If you can't be arsed against our most local rivals this season (and if it is nothing to do with work/money/family or any other valid reason), then you might as well call it a day.

It's hardly QPR's cup final. To be fair, they probably feel they owe us one after most of the recent results, and are up for it for that reason, and because it's a local derby.

This is their cup final. Whether we've smashed them on more occasions than not they look for us and they're obsessed with the supposed class divide between the fans. Rather be associated with a posh club with a nice ground a pretty successful past than that shower down the road.

They've had to look at their local rivals being much much more successful than them for years now. They are light years away from Chelsea & see us as the next best, they hate us & are absolutely desperate to beat us tomorrow.

There's no one more obsessed with the 'bitters' on here than you and your twin/alter ego (the other 76), yet you've said yourself you  only know one of them.

Believe me, they don't see it as their 'cup final', they just want to beat us badly, as they should for such a local derby against a team that has battered them more than once in recent years.

I don't particularly like QPR, as my Rangers mates well know, and I too want to beat them badly.

The main topic on this post is our inability to sell out for such a local fixture, and I'd maintain that it puts our support in a relatively bad light in this regard.

It is what it is, but I just get a bit wound up when people come on and think it's such a badge of honour that they're not going because it's either a crap ground, or it's 'their cup final not ours'.

FYI I am going today.
Good on you mate

My response was more to do with yet another reference to 'their cup final' and people not seemingly caring about playing our local rivals.

However, as you can see, that's been done to death now, and let's all now just turn up and sing the boys to a win (hopefully!)

082.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Chesh on February 13, 2016, 09:02:24 AM
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on February 13, 2016, 08:07:58 AM

FYI I am going today.
Good on you mate

My response was more to do with yet another reference to 'their cup final' and people not seemingly caring about playing our local rivals.

However, as you can see, that's been done to death now, and let's all now just turn up and sing the boys to a win (hopefully!)

082.gif
are they really our local rivals? Yes they are a rival who are local, but surely in the terms of local rivals, you only have one. Which would be Chelsea. Every club in London could be classed as a local rivals otherwise.

Chesh

Yes Ben, of course they are local rivals, and this season, they definitely are. As you know full well, size and history wise, we aren't even on the same planet as Chelsea, whereas QPR are a similar sized club.

randomguy

Have we sold out or can tickets still be purchased??

fulhamben

Quote from: Chesh on February 13, 2016, 09:59:27 AM
Yes Ben, of course they are local rivals, and this season, they definitely are. As you know full well, size and history wise, we aren't even on the same planet as Chelsea, whereas QPR are a similar sized club.
I don't see what size and history have to do with being local rivals. Would of thought the local rivals gives it away. Yes this season they are our closest rivals but in terms of local I really don't see how you can have more than one. A team is either your localest rival or not. Qpr is just another London Derby in my eyes.