watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2300 of 3200 sold for QPR

Started by ffcthereligion, February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

IF we do fail to sell out, or at least only be a few hundred short, it gives ammunition to the club to not push for larger allocations at other clubs.
We are lucky on this one that the club do not have to pay for unsold tickets, but thats not always the case.
So lets say we have a game in the future where the club are given the choice of 500 or 1000 tickets, all of which they have to pay for, then the possibility arises they will go for the lower option to make sure they dont lose.
The FST pushed the club hard for months to guarantee we got both tiers because that may not have been the case if we had not asked.
I for one never blames anyone for not going to a game. We all have to miss a game for any number of reasons. Its just a pity that out of our total fan base we cant get this one close to sold out at least.

buxsen

Ticket prices plus travelling costs work out too expensive for myself and son :046: :046:

Southdowns White

There is no single factor as to why we haven't sold out this game, I for one have followed Fulham up and down the country even in the really bad old days, money was never really an issue for me and it was proportionally cheaper in those days, today money is an issue I have children who cost money especially when you take them as well. I have been to this fixture many times and sometimes there is an element I would rather my children didn't see, same goes for Brentford, also the ground and view of the game do not represent value for money especially when you factor in travelling expenses. The club are now in their second season in the championship and as an entertainment spectacle it's been pretty poor for a long time now.
The 1 ticket system should only be for a few days for those supporters with the most points as they quite rightly should get to any game they want too as they have put in the most effort of the season. It is a real pain when your friends and family have different points as we normally buy extra tickets with one season ticket.
I think the majority of Fulham supporters no longer live locally, myself I am in West Sussex and there are many supporters living down this way, Just about everyone,every family, school friend etc I grew up with in fulham live miles from Fulham now mainly priced out from living where they grew up.
Many supporters joined us when we were in the premiership some of them may have had older family links or friends of friends etc, many of these supporters never travelled to away games and i would imagine quite a few have gone now we're in the championship.
If the club give us something to turn up for we will do just that, at Brighton last year we had the most league away supporters all season, more that qpr and brentford apart from a big cup game they played and the team that got promoted at their ground at the end of the season. One of the earlier away games plenty of expectation, I think people though this could be a good day out, nice ground good pubs in Brighton,shouldn't be any trouble, and a new ground, as it happens both team and supporters turned up that day and it was a good day out even if my wife and children were in with brighton supporter friends as we couldn't get tickets together 1 season ticket =1 person.

MJG

If you want tickets now you need to call the ticket office on 0843 208 1234 (option 2)

ffccaz

Received my tickets in the post yesterday. I booked online for best available and got row B uncovered - lets hope its no p.....g down. Maybe if I'd have phoned the ticket office I could have picked better seats with it not being sold out.

Airfix

Quote from: ffccaz on February 10, 2016, 12:06:53 PM
Received my tickets in the post yesterday. I booked online for best available and got row B uncovered - lets hope its no p.....g down.

I hate to break it to you...

ffccaz

Quote from: Airfix on February 10, 2016, 01:11:07 PM
Quote from: ffccaz on February 10, 2016, 12:06:53 PM
Received my tickets in the post yesterday. I booked online for best available and got row B uncovered - lets hope its no p.....g down.

I hate to break it to you...
Depends on the score if we thrash them bring the rain on!!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I won't be watching it on to either because I drive a train and both the company and passengers will probably look upon it less than favourably.

I'll give it a go tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

nose

away games per se

I used to go to every game that was in easy reach
then with kids and wife to consider i would pick and chose away games but always those in london
THEN
with the advent of the premier league and crowd segregation i resent being overcharged for seating that  has second rate views.
I tend to go to important away games and grounds I have never been before.
QPR is a dump and I do not need to go there  again. I have no plans to go to another away game this season unless we are still in real trouble in a few weeks and I will be first to support away.

I really admire that go week in week out to the away games, great comitment!

SW6

It's a local derby on a Saturday lunchtime.

We should of sold out.

Burgf001

anything other than a sell out is shocking. it's 5 fooking minutes down the road. I appreciate there are reasons people can't go but if we cant sell out at our neighbours then in the eyes of all other fans in the league we a re a laughing stock.

SW6

Quote from: Burgf001 on February 10, 2016, 09:28:28 PM
anything other than a sell out is shocking. it's 5 fooking minutes down the road. I appreciate there are reasons people can't go but if we cant sell out at our neighbours then in the eyes of all other fans in the league we a re a laughing stock.

even ipswich sold out there last week

see no reason why we can't take 3100 to our very local rivals when we sold out brighton away last season

Burgf001

for most of the other games you can make excuses why we don't sell out (distance, kick off time, poo team etc) however given ghis is to some as close or closer than home games and is down the road it's inexcusable

SW6

Quote from: Burgf001 on February 10, 2016, 09:39:31 PM
for most of the other games you can make excuses why we don't sell out (distance, kick off time, poo team etc) however given ghis is to some as close or closer than home games and is down the road it's inexcusable

maybe now it's just the ultra loyal hardcore who are now bothering to go away games

which is fair enough

might just be that the gloryhunters and those less committed simply don't fancy it anymore

nothing wrong with that, it happens eventually to all clubs on a downward spiral

ffc73

I am going on Saturday as much out of habit & nothing else better to do

There I've said it. It also won't take much more for the going to FFC games to become to much chore and not enough enjoyment to make the effort & expense worthwhile. And I consider myself hardcore. Well I did

Wingnut

Quote from: SW6 on February 10, 2016, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: Burgf001 on February 10, 2016, 09:28:28 PM

even ipswich sold out there last week

see no reason why we can't take 3100 to our very local rivals when we sold out brighton away last season

New ground syndrome had a lot to do with that though. I am going on Saturday but I understood why others are not going. Also, it's not five mins away. Some people on here live up north or in the midlands. I live in Ireland, so it's a flight and train for the likes of me.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Finnegans Wake

Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.

BedsFFC

I'm not going. In truth, can't be bothered.

Was going to go with my son. his mum, my wife is a Shepherds bush girl and family all qpr. In the old days, it would have been big.

To be frank, nowadays, none of us give a poo.

more important stuff to worry about

Chesh

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on February 11, 2016, 08:48:23 PM
Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.
Why bother going ever then? If you can't be arsed against our most local rivals this season (and if it is nothing to do with work/money/family or any other valid reason), then you might as well call it a day.

It's hardly QPR's cup final. To be fair, they probably feel they owe us one after most of the recent results, and are up for it for that reason, and because it's a local derby.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)