watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone Else Get The Feeling...

Started by os5889, August 09, 2010, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

... It seems Fulham and Arsenal are both looking at the same keepers over and over, Marchetti, Given, Mcgregor, Hildebrand, Hart and maybe even Friedel.

Fulham looking for a replacement, Arsenal looking at options. Its nice to be linked with the same players.

I suppose what this post is about is whats going on? For one I feel Schwarzer wants out, that much is obvious.

However is it we are looking to get a replacement lined up, but someone at Arsenal keeps tracking our target seeing if they are better and will try and gazoomp any deal we have.....

Or

Are we looking at Arsenals targets too hoping to get a top keeper in and then slipping them the big Aussie at an over inflated price (We sold a 35 year old Van Der Sar for £2 million, Schwarzer is 37...)

Which would you prefer? The big Aussie or a more virile younger bunny? Are we following Arsenals targets or they following us?

Am I reading too much into things.....

Personally I'd bite Wengers hand off for £3.5 million for Schwarzer, however I do love him to pieces and I'd miss this

Chopper

Unless big Mark is heading to Arsenal as their number one I see no reason why he would want to leave. Surely it's better to be the number one for a team that might sneak into the top 7 and might win a cup then warm the bench for a team that might sneak into the top 4 and might win a cup.

I'm being harsh on Arsenal - and maybe the lure of European football is enough but with Arsenal reportedly looking at other 'keepers it doesn't sound like the move is as imminent as we might have first feared.

Keeping Schwartz would be my preferred option for Fulham, I think we're a good fit and I'd like to see him give us a few more years service.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Mr Fulham

The best scenario for all parties would be -
Schwarz to Arse
Given to Fulham
Hart #1 at ManCity....

:clap_hands:

Banstead White

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 09, 2010, 09:43:51 PM
Schwarz to Arse
Given to Fulham
Hart #1 at ManCity....

Yep, I'd be happy with that tho I wouldn't be to upset with joe Hart at FFC either...
Roysie

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Banstead White on August 09, 2010, 09:49:03 PM
Schwarz to Arse
Given to Fulham
Hart #1 at ManCity....

Yep, I'd be happy with that tho I wouldn't be to upset with joe Hart at FFC either...

I think Mancini has decided to give Hart the #1-spot at City.

Vinnieffc

Big Given stumbling block. Wages. Unless we get him on a shared wages loan.. Would love Shay here though..

Chopper

I think we may see

Hart No. 1 at City
Given to Arsenal
Schwartz stays at Fulham ... wins FA Cup & League Cup double ...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Chopper on August 09, 2010, 10:25:36 PM
I think we may see

Hart No. 1 at City
Given to Arsenal
Schwartz stays at Fulham ... wins FA Cup & League Cup double ...

I'm sick of your endless negative posts.  :014: :014: :014: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

What about the title?  :005:  :beer:

Chopper

Lighthouse

5 Lives Bill McGarry? Says O Neil resigned because Brad Friedel was coming here to replace Swart. It was the final straw.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Schwarz to Arse
Given to Fulham
Hart #1 at ManCity....

Yes, give me Given. Great call Mr Fulham!  :54:
Fulham for life!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

thhat would only leave 1 week to bed in a new goalie
however IF we have to lose the Big Aussie,the Big Yank is not a bad replacement,but I would love it to be Given if the Big Aussie won't stay :dft004:

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 10, 2010, 12:31:34 AM
5 Lives Bill McGarry? Says O Neil resigned because Brad Friedel was coming here to replace Swart. It was the final straw.

Evidently, Big Brad rubbished that. I'd love to get him, though. He had one of his best seasons last time out ...

... and I'm sick of only having two Americans on the team.  :007:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2010, 10:02:42 PM

Evidently, Big Brad rubbished that. I'd love to get him, though. He had one of his best seasons last time out ...

How about Freddy Adu? That guy has pulled off a feat in failing at a trial with St Gallen! :007:

os5889

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 10, 2010, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2010, 10:02:42 PM

How about Freddy Adu? That guy has pulled off a feat in failing at a trial with St Gallen! :007:
OUT NOW!