https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head coach gives his view on tonight's performance

Started by bill taylors apprentice, February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2016, 11:14:06 PM
Quote from: Baszab on February 16, 2016, 11:11:31 PM
I reckon one player that always gives his all is Stearman - can't understand why SJ has blanked him totally - no more to blame than anyone else

For once I agree with you
Maybe I do also, but all the time we are clutching at straws?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on February 16, 2016, 11:17:53 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2016, 11:14:06 PM
Quote from: Baszab on February 16, 2016, 11:11:31 PM
I reckon one player that always gives his all is Stearman - can't understand why SJ has blanked him totally - no more to blame than anyone else

For once I agree with you
Maybe I do also, but all the time we are clutching at straws?

Yep,They all useless..

SW6

Quote from: RaySmith on February 16, 2016, 11:08:48 PM
Basically, no one knows what the cause of our problems is. Kit, then all the managers and coaches after him seem unable to identify the cause of the malaise.

No point in scapegoating certain players for the fact we sometimes play brilliantly, looking like world beaters, then the next week look as if we've just met that morning.

It's hard - but we just need to keep behind the team, have faith in SJ to sort things out.
Basically, no one knows what the cause of our problems is. Kit, then all the managers and coaches after him seem unable to identify the cause of the malaise.

No point in scapegoating certain players for the fact we sometimes play brilliantly, looking like world beaters, then the next week look as if we've just met that morning.

It's hard - but we just need to keep behind the team, have faith in SJ to sort things out.

It's pretty simple as far as I am concerned.

The first thing you have to do in The Chamionship is man up and compete.

The free-flowing football can then follow.

As a club we thought we were too good for this division when we came down.

We didn't bother with the basics or much shrewd recruitment and now we are getting caught out.

Bar the odd good performance you can bet us on not to compete properly from the start or truly give 100%.

Plenty of clubs like us have been caught out - Cardiff, Reading, Wigan etc....

We have a decent coach and a sprinkling of talent.

We need to dig out a few results and get to the end of the season and hopefully make some solid, Championship additions under Joka.

I just don't think many of our fans realise how bad we are these days, the Premier days have gone, for a long time. We need to build slowly but surely - there is nothing wrong with digging out the odd point now and then.

Rant over

Mince n Tatties

Horse

I think it's pretty obvious what the problem is - we have bought players "without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire".

Every player in our squad is playing for a move, rather than for the club.

ron

Quote from: TrexFFC on February 16, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
I don't like the idea of scapegoating particular players.  We'd be here all day if we did that.   There is no consistency. I cannot remember the last time I've seen a clean sheet.  A culture of losing is what we are becoming. It's like there is some kind of curse surrounding the team. How many managers, coaches, players are we going to chop and change and say they're all terrible?  I have no idea what the actual problem is but it is really beginning to take a drain on all of us I think.

Agree with the concept of "..a culture of losing". This squad has somehow been given the thumbs up in thinking that losing is not all that bad. Whether it's the "friendly Fulham" image that has got into a place where it has no right to be - the mindset of the squad - or the fact that the management tolerate loss as being "just one of those things" , nothing will improve until the squad have to pay for rubbish performances with extra training, fatigues, fines.....in fact anything that is left to discipline wasters who earn salaries that the rest of us could only dream about. The praise only comes after every man knows the disadvantages of not giving 100 percent..

The "losing" culture was exorcised in short order in the desert by Monty. He did it by insisting on excellence in every single activity by every man at all times. Then he praised them for what they had become. In this instance there isn't much difference between the two situations...only the paydays are different.

SW6

Quote from: Horse on February 16, 2016, 11:46:52 PM

I think it's pretty obvious what the problem is - we have bought players "without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire".

Every player?

Lonergan?
Cairney?

Holders

Maybe he'll get them in today for a 10km jog around Motspur Park followed by a couple of sprints up and down Box Hill.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Steven Ageroad

Perhaps it was the case of " a soft southern club not fancying a cold Tuesday night up north" syndrome.

Ordar

I actually think theres alot of merit to this comment. There does seem a lack of commitment and desire from the majority of the players. Whenever a team stands up to us and presses us not letting us play, the team capitulates.

Maybe its not all the players, but I would say that its the majority. This is what happens when there is no stability or direction at a club

alexmur

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2016, 10:44:36 PM
Let's be clear. he said more than that.

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović has apologised to Fulham fans for the lack of desire shown in the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers.

"I say sorry to our fans who travelled with us to watch this game," said Jokanović. "We didn't offer anything special. We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire.

"We did not play good football in any moment in the game. Generally, they won the challenges, we did not try to play football and we did not do anything important. It is a bad sensation and we need a change immediately because we won one game a few days earlier, that's history, it's over.

"I am here for a month and a half and this game, this is a game without any spirit. I am very disappointed really.

"We are where we are right now. We must be strong. With this spirit, this desire, this competiveness, this is not enough for anything important."

Good man.  I feel a bollocking coming on.  Be afraid Charlton.
it's refreshing to hear his honesty, I feel a massive over haul in the summer

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yamus

filham

Quote from: GrahamG on February 16, 2016, 10:56:12 PM
To be honest it must be easy for the players to be up for a local derby at QPR. Then, a trip to Blackburn 3 days later demanded backbone from the manager and players. Result, a total failure. This is very depressing and I don't see any improvement from the players or to how we are organized. Total disgrace.

After the sweet performance against QPR I suspect that players and Coach underestimated what we would face at Blackburn. Lancashire is a bit of a football graveyard for us and last night we had to go there with the attitude of grinding out a result and probably playing it ugly. Players and coach have a lot to learn about the Championship.

gang

Quote from: TrexFFC on February 16, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
I don't like the idea of scapegoating particular players.  We'd be here all day if we did that.   There is no consistency. I cannot remember the last time I've seen a clean sheet.  A culture of losing is what we are becoming. It's like there is some kind of curse surrounding the team. How many managers, coaches, players are we going to chop and change and say they're all terrible?  I have no idea what the actual problem is but it is really beginning to take a drain on all of us I think.
It's the curse of the missing statue

MJG

Luke Garbutt @luke_garbutt

Apologises to fans and my teammates @FulhamFC last night my performance was simply not good enough I will learn from this huge game sat!

snarks

Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2016, 11:18:25 AM

Apologises to fans and my teammates @FulhamFC last night my performance was simply not good enough I will learn from this huge game sat!

Good for him. I'm pleased he feels that he needs to post that. Having said that I've not seen the game I'm only going on the reactions of others. I've generally thought he's been ok when I've seen him play.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 16, 2016, 10:46:21 PM
Don't mind a player not being the best,but least give your
all for the club that pays your wages.
Garbutt IMO doesn't.

Better still if they don't play they don't get paid!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: snarks on February 17, 2016, 11:23:24 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2016, 11:18:25 AM

Good for him. I'm pleased he feels that he needs to post that. Having said that I've not seen the game I'm only going on the reactions of others. I've generally thought he's been ok when I've seen him play.
As bad as an individual performance I can remember in years. Did well to stay on for the 35 minutes he did.
If you went to Reading and watched Queudrue in the great escape season, think that type of performance.

FulhamStu

Lots of very good comments on here.  I agree that Garbutt does appear to have a billy big bollocks attitude at times.  The team that finished the game last night was totally unsuited to that fixture.  Fred at full back in a back 4 that was not strong enough.  Labyad and Kacka in midfield with Cairney and a knackered O'Hara in the engine room. No wonder we got stuffed.  Jokanovic got it right Saturday and wrong last night.  Easy to be wise after the event but players like Ince and Stearman should have been drafted in and should play next week v Leeds.

Interesting that McCormack gave a brief interview after the game, suggest that was Jokanovics work ! 

To take a positive, Jokanovic will have learned a lot about the lack of character, leadership and desire from certain players and will remember games like this when he plans his squad for next season.  As someone said, I can see considerable re-balancing of the squad in the summer.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: SW6 on February 17, 2016, 08:25:32 AM

Every player?

Lonergan?
Cairney?

I'd add Matt Smith, Stearman and Ream to this list though none of them getting a look in. All good pro's who work hard and do care whatever shirt they pull on.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.